List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't read too much into "the Houston camp" stuff. Dan is likely disengaged from the negotiation, apart from telling his management his preference and signing off on the personal terms of any deal. "The Houston camp" is Connors posturing and signalling. That posture may have an effect after this trade period but Paul has shittalked us before and still will need to deal with us on behalf of other clients.

There's no feeling about it. It's definately a crap deal for us. We're giving up a 2*AA in his prime for a flakey tall who isn't best 22 at GCS and on over 1mil a year, a guy who's main selling point is that he's probably better than Jed and the honour of paying an absolute POS $500k to play reserves football

No. He stays. Collingwood will have a real deal up by lunchtime or he's at North or stays.

I'm Dan's management I'm putting a midday deadline on Collingwood having a deal done or its off to North. I don't think Dan really wants back at Port despite saying he was ok with it.
He never ever wanted to stay.

That was just lip service, like everything else we get from this club.

All along we've heard "Dan is happy to stay unless Port get looked after in a trade" then all of a sudden we're almost about to pull the trigger on a colossal **** up of a trade that needs to be vetoed by our board.

All in the interest of appeasing the guy and not only getting him home, but to his preferred destination that will make a finals rivals much stronger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt the board has say over trades but once people realised we were taking on Atkins AND giving up an F1 the fury directed at Koch online and Richardson by email and AA in general would have prompted them into action. No one wants to be Tsar Nicholas II and his family.

I guess ultimately it's the downside of having an AFL-controlled board, who will act firstly in the AFL's best interests.

You realise that statement is completely disconnected with what has been reported?

Thats the worrying thing. How can you trust the list management team, I mean they collectively thought bringing in Rory Atkins was a positive asset. Ridiculous.

They don't always realise the depth of supporter feeling toward certain players. I think Cripps is usually a good operator but that was tone deaf, especially as it gave us no visible benefit. It looked like we were recruiting a player just for the sanfl team. If it had been Rosas it would have been less inflaming.

I would be surprised if Dan is personally across the details of any trade suggestion.

His management would rubber stamp it (for optics and because they want an increased salary and longer contract from Collingwood).
Fair enough, but once ‘the deal’ was released by the media Dan would have said “oh no, that won’t work”.

I don't have much faith in most levels of the club at the moment but I do not think they thought taking Atkins was anything other than necessary to get the GC part of the deal through.

On the other hand, if we trade him in, I firmly believe Hinkley will play him at the expense of a younger player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back