List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel you're missing the point.

Its not about waiting 5 years and seeing what the exact pick we gave up ends up like as a player.

The point is that Geelong had no reason or leverage to make such a ridiculous demand. We caved when we held all the cards.
And we look like potentially caving in again if we're not careful, despite holding all the cards - and shuffling the deck to our advantage as well.

View attachment 2141423

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
That’s the hard bit now Draft Draper and we can all enjoy the salty salty goodness

Three-team trade between Carlton, West Coast and Richmond.
  • Carlton gets picks 3, 63, 68
  • Richmond gets pick 14
  • West Coast gets Liam Baker, Matthew Owies, picks 12, 73
Just when you think our potential deal couldn’t be topped for one of the worst trades ever, this one comes in the next day

Three-team trade between Carlton, West Coast and Richmond.
  • Carlton gets picks 3, 63, 68
  • Richmond gets pick 14
  • West Coast gets Liam Baker, Matthew Owies, picks 12, 73
West Coast must not value pick 3 that highly or value whoever they’ll take at 12, or at least a combination of Baker and the player they take at 12.

On face value, that’s not the best deal. Especially given they could have waked baker to the draft and got Owies as a DFA.

i hope i'm not around for that

I hope you are, everyone else in this thread better be too. The alternative at this stage is to trade again for a KPD; I’m not sure there are any left as back-up with McKenzie gone and Clurey missing in action.

Well at least we didnt trade pick 3 for Liam Baker I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely pick 23 is compensation for poaching Dimma and maybe even Dusty.

GC pisses first round picks up against the wall for everyone but us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back