News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a few of you should try your hand at list management. I don't think it's as easy as many of you make it out to be.

With regards to this trade I could literally sit on my hands, do nothing and still be ahead of what they are proposing.

I thought we hit rock bottom when we asked Cameron Cloke to play for us.

But there lurking in the mud below is ****** Rory Atkins..

2017_AFL_Grand_Final_parade_–_Rory_Atkins.2.jpg

I'm tempted to purchase a membership and a manilla folder. Just so I can throw it at the club when I cancel my membership again.

When we were being offered Houston for 13+23+Richards as well as trading an F1 for Luko, both were bad deals that we apparently weren't anywhere near.

Now we're getting Ratkins and pushing the 23 back to 29 and it's apparently a deal we're willing to sign off on.

Is Davies seriously actually going to Collingwood after all and just giving them a huge present before he arrives?
Yeah it’s bizarre. I was ok with 13, 23 and Richards for Houston even though it’s not great because it was technically 2 first rounders and that allowed us flexibility to trade futures etc. Then if we traded our future 1 for luko and 29 that was ok too. The way it’s panned out we are 1 good pick short, and have taken on a shit truck in Atkins on a salary dump. Almost time for Cripps to start looking for a new job too if this goes through.

“ however has hung on Port's call as the Power chase another late-round pick and decide on the overall deal

The proposed deal would see Port get Lukosius, Richards, Atkins and picks 13, 29 and 39 while giving away Houston, their 2025 first-round selection and picks 39 and 58.“

Are you f**king kidding me, we are giving away 39 and 58 as well. Wtf are you doing Jason Cripps

Atkins doesn’t mean anything that’s SANFL management. And a good move by the club.

Has to be Collingwoods F1, and ours left untouched, for it to be an ok trade.

We will never know who pays what in terms of salary, but for us to clear a whole heap of coin, and give us a war chest would ease the pain.

Hope the club holds right to d.day for this one

If we traded Houston for pick 13, Lukosius, Richards (and Atkins), that would be fine by me. If they want to also give us pick 29 for taking both Atkins and Lukosius’ salaries, then even better.

GC do not get our F1R though, just Collingwood’s.

Port get: pick 13, Lukosius, Richards, Atkins, pick 29

Collingwood get: Houston

GC get: Noble, Collingwood F1R, salary cap space

Port give: Houston
Collingwood give: F1R, Noble, Richards
GC give: pick 13, pick 29, Lukosius, Atkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Port are chasing another late 1st?

If that happens it's a very different looking deal.
Sure, but just keep our F1 then. It all works ok for everyone if we leave that out.

“ however has hung on Port's call as the Power chase another late-round pick and decide on the overall deal

The proposed deal would see Port get Lukosius, Richards, Atkins and picks 13, 29 and 39 while giving away Houston, their 2025 first-round selection and picks 39 and 58.“

Are you f**king kidding me, we are giving away 39 and 58 as well. Wtf are you doing Jason Cripps
Can’t give and get 39, so something is wrong in this report too.

just finished work so I thought I’d check the afl site if there was any action.
Soon as I seen the name Atkins my heart missed a beat.
I’m still 10 pages behind in this thread, I’m almost too scared to keep reading as it looks like we might be giving up a F1st in this crap deal.

For the love of all things holy pray that this is not the deal.

If we’re intent on giving up our first for Luko just do that deal separately.

Houston for 13, 29, 36 and Richards is foolish. You’re not packaging 29 & 36 to get a pick in the teens.

So the proposed deal on the AFL website is

Port give: Houston, 2025 first rounder, pick 39 and pick 58
Port get: Lukosius, Richards, Atkins and picks 13, 29

ladies and gents we could be viewing history right before our eyes, ports worse ever trade
So 39 and 58 for Richards and Atkins cancels each other out
Houston and an unprotected Future 1st
Luko with 2 mill around his neck, 13 and 29

JFC
Something has to be missing right?

The Power will be able to consider splitting pick 13 with one of the many clubs interested (Sydney is offering picks 19 and 22)

This is just as bad, we effectively lose Houston AND an F1 for Lukosius, a few 2nd rounders and chaff.

It's disgusting.

Far out future 1st now being mentioned everywhere.

Why the hell would we accept Ratkins if we're giving up a F1.

This is ludicrous.

The "Oh, next years draft is shit" narrative is garbage, we apparently weren't thinking about the 2024 1st's apparently 'gold level' value last year when we threw it away.

Everyone saying Ratkins will be playing SANFL have forgotten who our dumbshit coach is..
Exactly. Ken won’t be able to help himself but pick him. He’ll play games, look at some of the other absolute spuds that Hinkley has gifted games to. Sutcliffe and McEntee immediately spring to mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back