Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

3 years to go on a contract and the player has said he loves the club and will happily come back if a deal can’t be done.

Yeah mate, port hold all the cards and more, just coz you upset about it doesn’t change the facts. Facts don’t care about
your feelings

Edit: also this is coming from the person who thought Houston was a midfielder
Wowser. Incoherent, not addressing the response directly and repeating information already debunked.

Forgot what supporter base I was talking to for a sec.

Bring back the prison bars I reckon.

But..but..Port hold all the Power?!?
In Houston’s case yes we do which is what you should be worried about if you want him

A BS speculative pick in the teens (after academy bids) isn’t currency for a dual AA in his prime

You wouldn’t do that deal why should Port?

And don’t try and tell me he’s shit and a failed this or that you care otherwise why bother showing up here

In Houston’s case yes we do which is what you should be worried about if you want him

A BS speculative pick in the teens (after academy bids) isn’t currency for a dual AA in his prime

You wouldn’t do that deal why should Port?

And don’t try and tell me he’s shit and a failed this or that you care otherwise why bother showing up here
First sentence already proves you're ignoring counter arguments. So the conversation isn't gonna go much further than that.

BS Speculative pick in the teens? Maybe think deeper about this.

I would take anything above a value of pick 15 if I was port.

Who said he's shit?

LOl the Situation with Brett Deledio is EXACTLY the same as i post

• Deledio wanted to get to Geelong which matches your 1st point
  • Geelong could not satisfy Richmond and negotiation was not successful
  • Richmond was approached by GWS with an offer (not sure if he was shopped but it happened)
  • Deledio had the choice to stay or go (exactly what you said) Lids went

Which part is different ?
You aske if it ever happened before - YES
OMFG. Stop missing the point. The situation you are describing does not start with a club shopping their player then giving him an ultimatum. It starts, as you acknowledge, with the player choosing a club and negotiations starting with that club. Only if these fail will a third club be involved.

OMFG. Stop missing the point. The situation you are describing does not start with a club shopping their player then giving him an ultimatum. It starts, as you acknowledge, with the player choosing a club and negotiations starting with that club. Only if these fail will a third club be involved.
What is the point ??
I have described the deledio trade and its exactly like your scenario
the only 'word' that differs is you saying the club shopping him around and thats just supporter terminology and never is a proven thing.

Anyway im done and im sure everybody else is as well.
move on

lol. he aint your best player, come on now. He's a mile behind Butters, Horne-Francis and Rozee.
He pretty much forms our game plan, with his accurate kicks from defence. I’d say there is no more important player than him. I’ve said that all year.

JHF literally the only person in term of importance that you could argue is better

Houston is more important than butters and Rozee, the finals showed that

He pretty much forms our game plan, with his accurate kicks from defence. I’d say there is no more important player than him. I’ve said that all year.

JHF literally the only person in term of importance that you could argue is better

Houston is more important than butters and Rozee, the finals showed that
no it didn't. The finals showed that Burgoyne played far better than Houston would've anyway. Back flankers grow on trees, that's what the finals showed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it has to be 2 first rounders, there's lots of ways to slightly adjust the value of a trade with picks back and forth etc, but if it is just picks, it needs to be 2 picks which add up to less than 30.

8+21, 12+16, something like that. If the 2nd pick isn't a first, the first pick needs to be top 10. If the first pick is top 5, there probably doesn't need to be a second pick.

What is the point ??
I have described the deledio trade and its exactly like your scenario
the only 'word' that differs is you saying the club shopping him around and thats just supporter terminology and never is a proven thing.

Anyway im done and im sure everybody else is as well.
move on
It is the order things are done. Richmond are not currently weighing up offers from the two WA clubs, Baker is. Houston will be the same. We will likely choose Carlton, then Port and Carlton will try and reach a deal.

I don't think it has to be 2 first rounders, there's lots of ways to slightly adjust the value of a trade with picks back and forth etc, but if it is just picks, it needs to be 2 picks which add up to less than 30.

8+21, 12+16, something like that. If the 2nd pick isn't a first, the first pick needs to be top 10. If the first pick is top 5, there probably doesn't need to be a second pick.

I think realistically, Port would be happy with a top 8-14 pick, and a pick that will satisfy GC for Lukosius (early 2nd rounder)

A 3 way swap with North and GC is probably best avenue

TeamGetGive
GCpick 2 (NM), future 2nd (NM)Lukosius, 12, 20, 26
PortLukosius, 12Houston
NMHouston, 20, 26Pick 2, future 2nd

I think realistically, Port would be happy with a top 8-14 pick, and a pick that will satisfy GC for Lukosius (early 2nd rounder)

TeamGetGive
PortLukosius, 12Houston

Yeah, not a fan

TeamGetGive
PortLukosius, 12Houston
Gold Coast come out of that deal laughing

Port come out unhappy

North come out crying

First sentence already proves you're ignoring counter arguments. So the conversation isn't gonna go much further than that.

BS Speculative pick in the teens? Maybe think deeper about this.

I would take anything above a value of pick 15 if I was port.

Who said he's shit?
Why? He’s not threatening to sit out, he’s happy to come back, and we’re in a window to win now.

Take overs now or come back next year, imo. No need to rush if the deal isn’t right for Port.

And before people say we can’t afford other targets, I doubt we’ll get Cumming anyway. Luko and Perryman should fit in the cap fine.

It is the order things are done. Richmond are not currently weighing up offers from the two WA clubs, Baker is. Houston will be the same. We will likely choose Carlton, then Port and Carlton will try and reach a deal.
That is a really (excuse the expression) Silly comparison
1 player is contracted and the other is not !!!
of course its Baker selecting the club he plays for and its upto Richmond to decide if they are happy or not and will use the tools on hand to deal with it.

If you had mentioned Rioli or Baker then thats kills your argument as Richmond does not have to trade a contracted player and keep him then the player can look at alternatives or stay at his club exact like Papley did

you need a shovel as your digging yourself deeper and deeper mate just give it up
you asked if it had been done before and i gave you the perfect example where it did. Dont die on this hill your just making yourself look silly

Why? He’s not threatening to sit out, he’s happy to come back, and we’re in a window to win now.

Take overs now or come back next year, imo. No need to rush if the deal isn’t right for Port.

And before people say we can’t afford other targets, I doubt we’ll get Cumming anyway. Luko and Perryman should fit in the cap fine.
I think we will get Cumming, Perryman is getting offered more money and longer contract at Collingwood. Would be crazy to come to port

which is why won't give it a second thought. Some of the deals floated here remind me of Hitler in the bunker in April 1945, sticking pins in the map to take Stalingrad

Most teams want their cake and to eat it too.

If North want Houston and to keep pick 2, they would need to get pretty creative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back