Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why Carlton have been crap forever.

There is a real opportunity to add a genuine A grade player in their prime that will elevate their list and they baulk at paying the price.

Instead they overpay for genuine plodders.

This is your Shaun Burgoyne 2009 moment.
Look everyone - we found Jason Cripps’ big footy account!

Port are looking desperate to move him on to get the,draft picks to get Luko.
They wouldn't be this angry if they were happy to keepnhim.
Even if he goes to North, Port ain't getting pick 2 for him.
Wasn’t Luko a salary dump you guys were saying when the Crows were after him? Now that he’s picked Port, we have to trade Houston to get him.
Carlton posters were saying Port were forcing Houston out a few days ago. Now, others are saying Houston was the one who approached them for a trade.

The narratives people make up are funny to me.

Port thought trading for Zerk-Thatcher and Esava was a great idea.

Their list management team a ****en cooked.

Houston can see the writing on the wall. Port are only headed down.

So... GC would be over paying for Rioli.

Not sure why hanging your hat on another clubs trading here.

Fair value for Houston would be around pick 8-15 for mine. Maybe a favourable swap of later picks too

Why would Port possibly trade him for a fair price to Carlton when hes under contract? If they do that and lose a final to Carlton the next few years, the entire list management team would need to be sacked. I dont see why they trade him to a team they are competing with at all, assuming they see themselves in a premiership window.

Carlton posters were saying Port were forcing Houston out a few days ago. Now, others are saying Houston was the one who approached them for a trade.

So Houston hasn't said he wants to be traded to VIC?

He's not best mates with Jack Silvagni and has a close connection with Voss?

You're spiralling.

Deep breathes, box breathing helps.

So Houston hasn't said he wants to be traded to VIC?

He's not best mates with Jack Silvagni and has a close connection with Voss?

You're spiralling.

Deep breathes, box breathing helps.
Yes, superstar Jack Silvagni, who’ll definitely be a regular in your best 22 if you’re a serious team. They’ll play plenty together, right? Dan has other former teammates and friends on other teams too.

Yes, Dan has requested a trade back to Vic. There’s 10 other teams isn’t there?

Blues definitely couldn’t have swooped in when the demons deal fell through.

Nobody is “spiralling”. You’re just getting called out on lies.

Yes, superstar Jack Silvagni, who’ll definitely be a regular in your best 22 if you’re a serious team. They’ll play plenty together, right? Dan has other former teammates and friends on other teams too.

Yes, Dan has requested a trade back to Vic. There’s 10 other teams isn’t there?

Blues definitely couldn’t have swooped in when the demons deal fell through.

Nobody is “spiralling”. You’re just getting called out on lies.
Calm your farm, it's all speculation that none of us have a part in. Seriously, big breaths, it'll all work out in the end one way or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are looking desperate to move him on to get the,draft picks to get Luko.
They wouldn't be this angry if they were happy to keepnhim.
Even if he goes to North, Port ain't getting pick 2 for him.
The only people pushing this narrative re pushing Dan out are crows fans

Dan himself initiated this months ago

As Michael Jordan says stop get some help

Why would Port possibly trade him for a fair price to Carlton when hes under contract? If they do that and lose a final to Carlton the next few years, the entire list management team would need to be sacked. I dont see why they trade him to a team they are competing with at all, assuming they see themselves in a premiership window.

They don't have to. Simple.

Port can, and has every right to hold firm.

Personally, cannot see him go for more than pick 11 and a second either this year or future from Blues. The Roos first would also be a pipe dream.

I mean, "worst case" is Houston stays which would be great for the club.

They don't have to. Simple.

Port can, and has every right to hold firm.

Personally, cannot see him go for more than pick 11 and a second either this year or future from Blues. The Roos first would also be a pipe dream.

I mean, "worst case" is Houston stays which would be great for the club.
Finally some common sense in here cutting through all the DERP!

Carlton supporters know as much as Port supporters about what's really going on. It's all guesswork.

Let's just relax a little.

Don't be that naive.
Port are angry they were offered unders. If they were more than happy to keep him, they would laugh it off, rather than take it so badly.

Wasn’t Luko a salary dump you guys were saying when the Crows were after him? Now that he’s picked Port, we have to trade Houston to get him.

You have to trade him to get the draft capital to get him. You have no first this year, and you have to take next years to the draft, as you have exceeded the amount of firsts you can trade out. So yeah, you need to trade him out to get Luko

dunno, you think if it was Butters and not Houston this year saying he was keen to get back to Victoria while under contract that the club would be...yeah ok but only if we can get a good trade deal??...me neither

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back