Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos bound.

They have the draft capital thanks to the AFL largesse they have received and need senior, elite players who can help drive their array of excellent young players forward.

What draft capital courtesy of the AFL? This'll be interesting...

Clarko would love Dan he knows the importance of a thunderous pin point elite kick, this bloke isn't your garden variety half back he splits the field with his leg, people in the melbourne mafia media talking him down just don't watch teams outside the bubble enough.

Clarko would love Dan he knows the importance of a thunderous pin point elite kick, this bloke isn't your garden variety half back he splits the field with his leg, people in the melbourne mafia media talking him down just don't watch teams outside the bubble enough.

He's a jet, it's just a big cost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. But then why turn your 3rd highest goal kicker into a delist candidate? Not to mention another best 22 player and KPB depth? Screams cap issues and not wanting to advertise it to me.
It actually screams trying to get some list spots open as much as anything. We have 12, 14 and 2 x Campos coming in plus we gave to upgrade Boyd. Kennedy, Owies and Young are players on our list that might be worth something to someone.

If no-one wants Young we delist S. Durdin and try to pick up a state league or DFA key back

We repositioned Williams as a small forward so now have him, Motlop, owies, C. Durdin and Fantasia on our list. That's way too many. Owies is out of contract and might be worth something to someone.

Kennedy is a tough inside mid. We have Hewett (who is better defensively but not as good a footballer). We also have Cripps who is a gun. We picked up Cooper Lord this year who came on quicker than expected. We are also going to get Ben Camporeale who looks a primary inside mid. Whilst essendon think that 0 is the amount of inside mids that you need, we know that 5 is too many. Matt Kennedy might be worth something to someone

That is the logic as I understand it. I don't think that we have any major salary cap issues as we were prepared to offer Will Hayward around $800k per year and have cleared a fair bit off with Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham etc even before you take into account Kennedy, Owies and Young. However we have a few big extensions coming up with Weitering and TDK so we need to be mindful there.

Port have the upper hand here, as he is contracted, and that is the way it should be.

I want him so badly for my pies, but it is up to us to get the deal done.

Kennedy gunna get you another first rounder is he?
Wherever he goes, I don't think a second first rounder will be involved (unless it's two later first rounders). Port can't even sack their coach despite the fans threatening to burn the place down, not sure how firm they'll stay here.

23 year old Beams just about to enter his peak was traded for a 1st, 2nd and steak knives. Understand that future trading has upped player value, and given that, I think about the same is right for Houston.
Jack Crisp affectionately known as Steak knives, has played 237 consecutive games and is rated In the top 6 finals players in the last 5 years 😳

That's basically what we're getting offered by Collingwood, it's not enough. We're better off just keeping him.

Carlton are in position to get a back-to-back All Australian halfback in his prime. A pick in the teens and a pick in the 20s isn't enough.
Look at Y'all swivelling in your chair!

Chair Rotating GIF by The Only Way is Essex

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back