Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

The famous Campo twins who drop down the rankings every week that passes by. Not every F/S can be a Daicos, you know. I remember when the Davey twins were the next big thing about a year before they were drafted to Essendon.

Don't cry, mate. I'm sure Carlton are doing the right thing by their club.
Cody Walker next season is the BIG fish for us. Campo twins are no slouches but Walker is highly regarded as a Top 3 talent or more.

The most mind-boggling part of this trade is that Port had any interest in Atkins.

Looks like Collingwood have done well here, but it will really depend on how they go next year. Feel like it could be a bust if they don't make finals given their list profile, but Houston is a very good pick-up.

I've said it in the Rioli thread a bunch, but I think a lot of people are overvaluing rebounding defenders with the plethora of them in the competition. They're becoming more common than defenders that can actually defend. That being said, Houston is currently the best of those in the competition so if you were going to pay up for one, he's a good choice.

Shafted?

By trading a bloke who wasn’t good enough to play in a flag, another that has spent more time doing timetables with grade 3s than he has played games of footy and rights to a pick that would have been absorbed in a F/S selection next year?

Getting rid of all of those scraps and brining in a multi time AA?

I suppose when you’re used to seeing the players you love win multiple individual awards but have no team success - it would cloudy your judgement on AA being worthwhile.
Ahh yes. Classic bigfooty.

Before:
NoBlE iS wOrTh pICk 12

Now:
hE was ShIt anyway

Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF

Can't wait till the implosion

Essentially we're copying Chris Scotts approach. It's yielded the Cats and Pies a flag each in the last 3 years (plus a prelim each, and one year out of finals each).

I mean, it's working.
Yeah, it certainly can. Not all clubs can manage it, I suppose it relies on the aging superstars not falling off a cliff too quickly, which in the Pies case when you have someone Pendles heading towards 40 and still maintaining form certainly helps.

GCS had a VFL player only hurting their cap, and a good but not great player on crazy top 50 money in the comp for the next 2 years.

That they were able to clear them when only a couple of years ago they had to give away pick 7 to clear up salary cap shows they have learned a lot.

They are paying overs for Noble but they still need to recruit players who want to be there while their academy kids develop.

GCS could have done FAR worse.

Port are massive losers in this.
Absolutely... Gold Coast did a salary dump of 2 players they didn't want & got in a player they did want... & 2x future 1sts.

Port took on the salary dump players (1 they wanted in Lukosius), lost a gun in Houston & still gave up their future 1st.

Imo, if Port gave up their future 2nd instead of theit future 1st, the trade would have been closer in value.

Cody Walker sounds brilliant but is in the 2026 draft, not 2025
Interesting and shows how much Gazey and Maher know listening to them sitting in traffic trying to get home from work! 🧐🤣

Anyway he is our big father son. 👌

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got back a F2 and got enough points for the campo twins
What's enough points for the Campo twins?

You have 3 picks in the 60s and one 70s pick which add up to 239pts

If one of the Campo twins gets bid at pick 48 (300pts ... 20% discount gets to 240) ... that's a match .... then what about the other twin?

If one of them gets bid on before pick 48 you are into draft deficit... into next year where your first pick is currently 32

The most mind-boggling part of this trade is that Port had any interest in Atkins.

Looks like Collingwood have done well here, but it will really depend on how they go next year. Feel like it could be a bust if they don't make finals given their list profile, but Houston is a very good pick-up.

I've said it in the Rioli thread a bunch, but I think a lot of people are overvaluing rebounding defenders with the plethora of them in the competition. They're becoming more common than defenders that can actually defend. That being said, Houston is currently the best of those in the competition so if you were going to pay up for one, he's a good choice.
The salary dump for Atkins was a sweetener for GCS giving up pick 13 to Collingwood for Noble who then on trade to Port Power.

Yeah 10 + 12 is about on the money.

Not sure how Melbourne will get both of those picks though if they aren't owned.

Freo have 3 of the teen picks (Freo/coll/Port) that they could use to upgrade to 6 but they'll probably need them for Bolton and/or Baker trades.

Melbourne could split #6 with Freo using 2 of Freo/Coll/Port's picks whichever of the 2 that likely end up around 11 + 13 before bids/academy/father son etc needed to acquire Houston.
yeah, no.

3 months of Port fans overrating the worth of Houston, only for it to be confirmed today with Port giving him away for cheap.

Houston top 15 player in the comp according to AFL player ratings. Dual AA at his peak etc...

Carlton paid even more for a bag of magic beans.

Just hope you don't pick up Paddy Dow MkII. A 100 gamer would be an excellent outcome...
Played 22 games this year for one 3 vote and a 1 vote ... polled in 2 games for the Brownlow .... top 15 my arse 🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Dan Houston - Joins Collingwood as part of 3-way trade with Port and GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back