Danger on Footy Show tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger's impression of Bear Grylls was top notch :thumbsu:
This is as far as I got to watching it before heading to work this morning - pretty good impression.

I dont mind the footy show , like someone else said, the simple humour and Sams one liners are great.
Brayshaw is by far the worst part of that show IMO...the dickhead loves himself and adores his own voice:thumbsdown:

I understand where you're coming from, its just that ive seen a few things from Jenkins here and there to suggest that come the end of a hopefully solid season he could improve a lot and should be ready to take the finals head on if we do make them. He's such a dynamic forward and I think if he starts to hit some solid form, he could prove very difficult to match up on. Strong hands in the air and brilliant at ground level too, very similar to big Tip.

I know Tippet was a huge loss, I agree with that. A lot of crows fans and wider footballing community (who have no clue whatsoever) always used to rate Tippet extremely poorly cos all they would take note of was his set shots that he would often miss. We all know much better than that and how good Tippet really was, especially in terms of forward structures and a team perspective. I understand what you're saying in that Jenkins is exactly the ideal replacement and his getting games to replace Tippet shows little depth. However I do think a lot of sides would struggle to replace their form of a "tippet" if injury struck etc. While atm he may prove a bit of a weaker link/question mark in our side, id rather be playing Jenkins than Mckernan/Johnston and i have confidence in him becoming a decent forward. only 23-24 still i think? so has a pretty big scope for improvement :)

I'd personally prefer Johnston, as I think he is more of a footballer, and would actually provide more forward nous working in tandem with Tex, but I know I am in the minority on this. I'm happy for Jenkins to play and get time and hopefully come one, but I think a lot of people have been sucked in to his social media and desire to be good, and not what he actually brings to the table.

Brayshaw is by far the worst part of that show IMO...the dickhead loves himself and adores his own voice:thumbsdown:

I think he's a great off screen performer. Like his commentary of the cricket, also didn't mind when he commentated the footy a bit on Channel Nine and he's good on the radio.

On camera, there is something not quite right. A tryhard vibe.

I'd personally prefer Johnsont, as I think he is more of a footballer, and would actually provide more forward nous working in tandem with Tex, but I know I am in the minority on this. I'm happy for Jenkins to play and get time and hopefully come one, but I think a lot of people have been sucked in to his social media and desire to be good, and not what he actually brings to the table.

I do like Johnston a lot as well, and wish we'd give him a bit more of a chance. Only thing is he's shown very little at all. Would be a very handy 3rd tall, but I guess Porps almost fits that bill for us with his overhead ability.

I do like Johnston a lot as well, and wish we'd give him a bit more of a chance. Only thing is he's shown very little at all. Would be a very handy 3rd tall, but I guess Porps almost fits that bill for us with his overhead ability.

Hasn't had much chance to show anything at AFL level, primarily because he's a long way back in the pecking order it seems.

I don't get to watch the SANFL here in Melbourne, and must admit since leaving SA have been pretty poor at keeping in touch with it, so I'll ask it as a question.... Johnston seemed to kick a pretty reasonable tally in the SANFL last year, when Jenkins was back there what was he like? Was he a class above? Does his form in the SANFL prove him to be the second best forward for Adelaide? Or was he played because Tippett was injured, Smack has shown very little and we needed a second forward/ruckman?

Hasn't had much chance to show anything at AFL level, primarily because he's a long way back in the pecking order it seems.

I don't get to watch the SANFL here in Melbourne, and must admit since leaving SA have been pretty poor at keeping in touch with it, so I'll ask it as a question.... Johnston seemed to kick a pretty reasonable tally in the SANFL last year, when Jenkins was back there what was he like? Was he a class above? Does his form in the SANFL prove him to be the second best forward for Adelaide? Or was he played because Tippett was injured, Smack has shown very little and we needed a second forward/ruckman?

Dont follow SANFL that closely unfortunately, slowing getting into the mix of things, but from memory and the reports on the crows website Jenkins was performing very well in the SANFL. Had been decent in the ruck and was kicking a few goals. Johnston had still been very good also , but I think crows more so wanted to try Jenkins and see what he was capable of.

Im scared at this rate Johnson is going to turn into one of those player that dominates in the reserves, but can never break into the side. Looked very promising as a youngster though so lets hope for the best :)

This is as far as I got to watching it before heading to work this morning - pretty good impression.

I dont mind the footy show , like someone else said, the simple humour and Sams one liners are great.

I hate Shane the most. Tries way too hard to always be the larrikin but usually takes it too far and just ends up being a ********. Acts like a kid with ADD a lot of the time.

Captain next year, surely. Surely, Sando.......
While i'm fine with VB being captain for as long as he wants it, imagine copping a rev up speech from both Sando and Danger. If that didn't get you playing nothing would.

Johnston kicked 57 in 21 in the SANFL last year, Jenkins kicked 24 in 11. I didn't actually see Jenkins play for Sturt at all so don't know how much rucking he did versus time spent up forward. He kicked 8 in the last game of the season (the same day we lost to Sydney in the QF).

I like Johnston, I just don't reckon he has what it takes to be a good AFL player. He is a lead, mark, kick full forward, but I reckon he either needs an extra inch of height, or an extra yard of pace, or a few more tricks below his knees... He is one dimensional but I'm not sure that one dimension is quite good enough.

Just my opinions, but I see him as a good SANFL player, whereas Jenkinshas the attributes about him to be a good AFL player. As I posted before, not the finished product but statistically he actually measures up reasonably well to Tippo already.

Johnston kicked 57 in 21 in the SANFL last year, Jenkins kicked 24 in 11. I didn't actually see Jenkins play for Sturt at all so don't know how much rucking he did versus time spent up forward. He kicked 8 in the last game of the season (the same day we lost to Sydney in the QF).

I like Johnston, I just don't reckon he has what it takes to be a good AFL player. He is a lead, mark, kick full forward, but I reckon he either needs an extra inch of height, or an extra yard of pace, or a few more tricks below his knees... He is one dimensional but I'm not sure that one dimension is quite good enough.

Just my opinions, but I see him as a good SANFL player, whereas Jenkinshas the attributes about him to be a good AFL player. As I posted before, not the finished product but statistically he actually measures up reasonably well to Tippo already.

Yeah thats what i like about JJ a lot. He brings so much to the table. Big engine, explosive pace, big body and excellent below the knees. He's showing all this after just 11 games. If he can continue to build on this, him and Tex and Porps could prove to one of the hardest forward lines to match up on in a long time, purely cos they are also so multi dimensional and excel at many aspects of the game. Im looking forward to what our forward line can serve up this year :)

Cheers. So pretty similar stats.

I agree Jenkins has attributes that could make him very good, I think with Johnston sounding like a pure footballer, would be interesting to see how he went with some extended time in the team. Don't think that will happen though, so I hope Jenkins can pull it together.

If Jenkins continues his work from the NAB cup, we will all be very happy.

The bloke has been good for a couple of goals a game, a few contested marks, involved in the play. Sets up a couple as well.

He's not the same player as Kurt - Kurt was a better ruck and always will be, Jenkins can run and carry like Kurt never will.

Let's just let him go at it this year folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing a gun player seems like such a big loss, but it can change the dynamic of the team and open up an opportunity which a lesser player might take but for greater reward to the team. Port lost Nick Stevens at the end of 03 and went on to win the flag the next year

If Jenkins continues his work from the NAB cup, we will all be very happy.

The bloke has been good for a couple of goals a game, a few contested marks, involved in the play. Sets up a couple as well.

He's not the same player as Kurt - Kurt was a better ruck and always will be, Jenkins can run and carry like Kurt never will.

Let's just let him go at it this year folks.

I agree with this. Kurt was a beast as far as contested marks go, but didn't have the class to finish off his good work.

If Jenkins can clunk a 3-4 inside 50 grabs and finish off with a couple of goals a game to help out Tex, then he has done his job and we wouldn't have lost too much. His footy smarts and game awareness seem to be better than Kurt even after 11 games. Kurt really isn't a very smart footballer, but is still a potent weapon.

I think the loss of Kurt is being somewhat overstated, IMO. As mentioned above, if (and it's a big IF at this stage) JJ can do this, we haven't lost much and with the improvement of Tex, our forward line still looks potent.

The defense worries me a little, but with Brodie Smith back soon, it will look a lot better.

There were only 20 players in the entire competition last year who averaged 2+ goals a game, let alone players who are trying to pinch hit in the ruck as well. It's really not that easy to average multiple goals a game.

We're going to lose on the exchange from Tippett to Jenkins in 2013, no question whatsoever. Whether Jenkins or McKernan ever reach the level where we draw even remains to be seen, but it won't be this year.

No doubt there will be a loss, but not as great as what everyone is stating, IMO.

My point is, that taking into account the expected improvement from Tex, and JJ can create a healthy contest in F50, the loss isn't that great.

I am also expecting more goals from Danger as he spends more time resting forward rather than on the pine.

We will be fine.

Depends if you value a key forward that can run down the wing taking bounces like a mid fielder or one that takes 3 or 4 contested grabs deep in the forward line. I know what an opposition coach would fear more. Will be interesting to see how Sando tries to structure up.

JJ needs to take a greater percentage of those two flat handed marking grabs and I hope he is structured where he seems to operate best......with some open space and he can use his deceptive bigman pace.

I can't see Jenkins being as a good at taking contested marks as Tippett. He has some other tools that Tippett doesn't and to me it's about allowing him to play "his way", not trying to be Kurt Tippett. If he's expected to be Kurt Tippett he will fail, because he's not. That doesn't mean he won't end up as good or better than Tippett but it's unlikely that you are going to pick the stat that Tippett is best known for and think Jenkins is going to do the same thing.

JJ needs to take a greater percentage of those two handed marking grabs and I hope he is structured where he seems to operate best......with some open space and he can use his deceptive bigman pace.
As long as he brings the ball to ground, and isn't outmarked, then i'll be happy. His main role is to keep providing a contest and ensuring our crumbers have a chance, rather than having the opposition marking and rebounding.

JJ needs to take a greater percentage of those two handed marking grabs and I hope he is structured where he seems to operate best......with some open space and he can use his deceptive bigman pace.

Ive noticed in the NAB lately that we have been pushing Tex a bit further up the ground onto a wing almost and leaving Jenkins as the last man forward with the whole 50 to himself. It happened in the Carlton came once or twice, but what this allows us to do, is when we counter, we can bomb a long ball way over the top to Jenkins who absolutely burns his defender cos no KPP defender has the pace to match him and he can stroll into an open goal/set up an easy goal. If they decide to trade off height put someone quicker on him then kick high and he will be able to out mark them easily.

As long as he brings the ball to ground, and isn't outmarked, then i'll be happy. His main role is to keep providing a contest and ensuring our crumbers have a chance, rather than having the opposition marking and rebounding.

What I also like about JJ is his workrate after the marking contest. if you watch him closely, he brings the ball to ground, but still doesnt stop competing and gets right amongst it. I reckon we could see Petrenko/Tex/JJ all lay some ruthless tackles in the F50 this year :D

Kurt's last game was extremely good, and whilst we were all in awe, when have we ever seen him produce anything like that before. Yeah he may not have wanted to be at the club in his mind, but I think we are overrating his last game a bit, and it was a glimpse and what Tippet can do at his best.

Same applies for Jenkins, some of the things he has done show glimpses of the dangerous forward he can become. Whilst he is not as good as Tippet in the ruck, he has a magnificent set of legs on him and can take a contested mark just like Tippet. He is a shitload more accurate with his set shot too :p
No he can't. At least not yet anyway. Unfortunately Jenkins doesn't have the natural clean hands of someone like Tippett or Smack. More times than not he takes 2 or 3 bites of the cherry to complete the mark. This deficiency can be improved over time but most of the best contested marks have it coming straight out of junior footy. One of those attributes that you seem to have or not have.

What I like about Jenkins is he's soo much better than Tippett and fast and will win the Brownlow....

Think we'll have some disappointed fans let down with his output this year, seen as so many people think he's going to be that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger on Footy Show tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back