Dangerfield - rotator cuff? - UPDATE: Cleared of serious injury, see page 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dangerfield - rotator cuff?

Didn't Rohan Smith talk to the club doctors who ruled out any shoulder damage? I swear he said he was taken to hospital with neck concerns.

If he's gone for the year, bring on 2011.

As long as it's not a broken neck. :(

This year's a write-off already, so missing this year is an irrelevance.

TV said it wasn't shoulder related at all, but more neck related. Who knows at this point.. he is off to the hospital. :thumbsdown:

that would be my guess as to how he was holding it, AC joints and the like are pretty common in that sort of tackle. The neck was clearly braced for precaution as always, but there is very little else you can do in that area. Bet he has a bloody sore neck tho'.

But his left arm was in an awkward position anyway irrespective of then being dropped on his head with full force.

Nasty image.

the reason why he was rushed to hospital was related to the neck...
why would they care about the shoulder if the neck was a concern (obviously life >>>>>>>>>>> possible season ending injury). there may be shoulder damage as well, considering he was holding it (plus Maloney held onto his arm while the tackle forced Danger head first into the ground), but we won't know more on the shoulder until after we get the all clear on the neck first.

I hate to think about it, but we have to be prepared; this is the sort of injury that could see him never play again. **** I hope not, that would be the most shattering thing I've ever witnessed in football. :(

I hate to think about it, but we have to be prepared; this is the sort of injury that could see him never play again. **** I hope not, that would be the most shattering thing I've ever witnessed in football. :(

good lord. I hope not. lets hope he is ok. no need to completely panic until we know the real injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan, Rach said quoted her source at Foxtel. They've said nothing man. So surely any guesses right now is pure speculation.

Very saddened to see Dangerfield injured like that, an extremely promising player and always great to watch.

That sort of talk just isn't needed at the moment I feel.

Let's not get hysterical, people. At this stage it's all still hypothetical - the Crows opted to get him checked out, and so he went to hospital. At this stage, nobody other than the club and the doctors can possibly know what's happened to Dangerfield, and any predictions are just that, predictions.

It looked damn ugly, though. I pray he's going to be alright, and I don't just mean in a playing football sense.

If you've seen it, you know it's time to panic. I can see only one outcome. :(

I saw it. It wasn't good. However, I don't believe ANYTHING those idiot commentators say and won't until I hear it from a club official. I hope it is nothing more than precautionary scans, but whatever the outcome anyway, i can't change it. I am just sending him good vibes and hope he will be ok.

Let's not get hysterical, people. At this stage it's all still hypothetical - the Crows opted to get him checked out, and so he went to hospital. At this stage, nobody other than the club and the doctors can possibly know what's happened to Dangerfield, and any predictions are just that, predictions.

It looked damn ugly, though. I pray he's going to be alright, and I don't just mean in a playing football sense.

well said! thank you.

Aaarrgh! Damn you afc!! I went on to check out the injury list and the two faces smiling at me were Danger and Hentschel :(

bad luck to the kid, really looked like he was starting to hit his straps too. looked terrible on tv, hopin the best for him.

Have not seen the tackle but by the way that many of you guys have described it I am not sure I want to see it.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield - rotator cuff? - UPDATE: Cleared of serious injury, see page 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back