Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has our future centre line been named in this week VFL team, Gore,Cockatoo & Menzel really looking forward to watching these guys on Sat.

Safer to bring him back when it isn't pouring rain?
Or simply let him loose no matter conditions & have faith he'll get through?
Getting him mentally prepared to return would have been as big a job as getting him physically ready,you don't want to crush his confidence now by sowing seeds of doubt in his mind that the knees might give way on a heavy track by taking him out of the side.He's ready to go rain hail or shine.

Getting him mentally prepared to return would have been as big a job as getting him physically ready,you don't want to crush his confidence now by sowing seeds of doubt in his mind that the knees might give way on a heavy track by taking him out of the side.He's ready to go rain hail or shine.

He has to be ready to play whatever the conditions, or not at all. It's July in Melbourne.

Probably not even 10 minutes.Just walk straight down the main St [is it Watton St ?] towards Geelong and you'll get to the ground.Can't miss it.

The Gull bus stop is near the RSL. Probs 10 minutes walk to the ground. Some decent eateries down the bottom end of Watton St. A good Thai place, a couple of Ruby Murrays and the Eyetie place is good also. Might be a bit chilly for ice cream at Cold Rock.

IF the ground is as hard as a rock, should he play? The kid has had a very slow and considered build up to today….he was probably ready weeks ago and they have delayed and delayed….cotton wool no more…

He's ready…lets get him on the ground for 45 mins first up, and see how he pulls up….I presume thats the thinking right now.

Spot on. He's already done all the preparation, it's time to play now. Just like anyone one. Treat him like any other player coming back from injury; get a few touches, play a half perhaps, get a feel for the ball. But to me the cotton wool should now be permanently discarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. He's already done all the preparation, it's time to play now. Just like anyone one. Treat him like any other player coming back from injury; get a few touches, play a half perhaps, get a feel for the ball. But to me the cotton wool should now be permanently discarded.

It's 0--0 now. He starts like any player coming back from an injury. Im not saying his game time should not be managed - it absolutely should - but in terms of playing the game itself - just let him play.

You can still go 100% in the game for 60% of the game time and call it a successful hit out. And he needs to build on those efforts weekly - which i'm sure he will do. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Go Menz!

Last edited:
Way to go Menz. He must be one mentally tough man to come back again!

I wish I could make it on Saturday arvo, but I know for sure I will be nervously refreshing the club's VFL twitter feed every 5-10 minutes hoping for good news or no news...just not more bad news.
I think the Cats' website will probably go into meltdown, SB. A hundred thousand supporters will all be doing the same thing, not to mention interested opposition players and supporters.

Surely all the positive vibes emanating from the entire AFL community in the direction of young Daniel, will hold him up and keep his full weight from impacting on his knee? I'll have more than just my fingers crossed!!

I don't think there is any left anyway :p

But sadly, I'm a 60's/70's kid too, still in my Boho Hippie Chic fashion era ;) I blame the drugs for my bad memory :(

uIASslL9seBayW-0-imKsrTTXyWNbGRoGvUH48v_v2JLV50PHySiL5ftMZrEcihWV8LdvDTkdfFf0CNAhd1_Y4cJFBVy_9Sl8baX3wiwUg_IkND3lgn7RgEFBQH3BjVRmxLnewAyI76Oa7_OvQ1n=w236-h151-nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back