Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a short walk (10 mins, maybe) from either Werribee Station or from where the bus drops off, LB. Unless it's freezing cold and raining, in which case the distance magically trebles- at least. :(

Werribee on Saturday is looking at around 8-10 degrees, showers, with possible hail. :p

Werribee on Saturday is looking at around 8-10 degrees, showers, with possible hail. :p
My friend at Wyndham Vale just sent me a text saying 'Blizzard on Saturday at the VFL' :( I went to the Cats Shop today + bought one of their down puffy jackets, woollen scarf + have a t-shirt + Cats zip hoodie, but am worried because I only have suede driving shoes lol What sort of shoes should I get for the game? I have no idea! Am thinking Ugghs would be good but where in Geelong do you buy them? I don't do big shopping centres, because I hate people lol

Edit: a very charged + excited atmosphere at the Club today, could feel it when I walked in! Very excited!

#nopressure
#noexpectation

My friend at Wyndham Vale just sent me a text saying 'Blizzard on Saturday at the VFL' :( I went to the Cats Shop today + bought one of their down puffy jackets, woollen scarf + have a t-shirt + Cats zip hoodie, but am worried because I only have suede driving shoes lol What sort of shoes should I get for the game? I have no idea! Am thinking Ugghs would be good but where in Geelong do you buy them? I don't do big shopping centres, because I hate people lol

Edit: a very charged + excited atmosphere at the Club today, could feel it when I walked in! Very excited!

#nopressure
#noexpectation
27009639-Pair-of-colorful-gumboots-isolated-on-white-Stock-Photo.jpg

#nopressure
#noexpectation
You'll need a pair of these, Kitty- for sure!!

image.jpg

Do you have one of the Cats' Trapper Hats yet?

image.jpg

#nopressure
#noexpectation

2a04b304a848e68fd5973bf3409bbfa2.jpg

Jesus H Christ............I hope the ground is AFL standard and I sincerely hope we manage him carefully - like not letting him cool down and then put him back on the ground. Play his alloted time then get him off and in a Dressing Gown or Onesie :eek:

Jesus H Christ............I hope the ground is AFL standard and I sincerely hope we manage him carefully - like not letting him cool down and then put him back on the ground. Play his alloted time then get him off and in a Dressing Gown or Onesie :eek:

Pretty sure Kitty will be able to keep him hot under the collar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes!!! Wow!!! But where do you buy them in Geelong that's not a shopping centre lol I'm allergic to people lol

You'll need a pair of these, Kitty- for sure!!

View attachment 150827

Do you have one of the Cats' Trapper Hats yet?

View attachment 150828
SNAP!!! lol Yes!!! Where do I buy them! I left my Geelong shoes at home :( You know my navy + white striped Tod's driving shoes, the one Jimmy Bartel loved on the Sydney Harbour Cruise.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh James! But they're not navy + white striped :p + in my new puff-puff Geelong Cats down jacket, I'll bloody look like the Michelin woman! lol OMG! You have to laugh, don't you! Actually, speaking of being the Michelin woman, I could run around after Menzel + when he's about to tackle someone or if he's about to be tackled, or fall over, I could throw myself underneath him lol :D

NO!!! Not the way you're thinking Teriyakicat!!!!

Dressing Gown AND Onesie!!! Leave it to me F2G ;)

But seriously, if the ground is a quagmire, should Menzel play?

Yes!!! Wow!!! But where do you buy them in Geelong that's not a shopping centre lol I'm allergic to people lol

SNAP!!! lol Yes!!! Where do I buy them! I left my Geelong shoes at home :( You know my navy + white striped Tod's driving shoes, the one Jimmy Bartel loved on the Sydney Harbour Cruise.

Bahahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh James! But they're not navy + white striped :p + in my new puff-puff Geelong Cats down jacket, I'll bloody look like the Michelin woman! lol OMG! You have to laugh, don't you! Actually, speaking of being the Michelin woman, I could run around after Menzel + when he's about to tackle someone or if he's about to be tackled, or fall over, I could throw myself underneath him lol :D

NO!!! Not the way you're thinking Teriyakicat!!!!
Hahahahaha!!!!
I literally am crying from laughing at imagining that. :D Hubby is wondering what is wrong with me!!

I think you'll have to get those boots online. Courier them to the ground on Sat and have them waiting at the carpark :)

IF the ground is as hard as a rock, should he play? The kid has had a very slow and considered build up to today….he was probably ready weeks ago and they have delayed and delayed….cotton wool no more…

He's ready…lets get him on the ground for 45 mins first up, and see how he pulls up….I presume thats the thinking right now.

Though a start on the perfect surface at SS might have been better…fingers crossed for Dan….

She'll offer her services as a valet, and help him with his onesie ;)
As any dedicated Geelong supporter would do! ;)

But I'm beginning to freak out about the soggy ground!

Whatever she decides, I'm sure that it will be a long, slow process, F2G. ;)
Only because I wish to ensure that Menzel is throughly warm + dry, but most of all comfortable!

Safer to bring him back when it isn't pouring rain?
Or simply let him loose no matter conditions & have faith he'll get through?

Agree - it's a tough one
Maybe a wet surface means less stress on the joints as you slip before you can put sufficient force to do damage?
Maybe a dry surface puts more stress on the joints as you can pivot or change direction more forcibly ?
Well outside my area of expertise though , you would think the medicos would be ultra cautious though :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back