Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hire a car.

If you don't want to do that, Skybus to Southern Cross Station, train to Werribee, walk to Avalon Airport Oval.

I can't hire a car. Will have a few beers watching Menz get his hands on it, then into Melbourne for the cats clash with a few more beers and then to the hotel for a quick exit on Sunday morning. Sky bus and train it is!

Cheers for the info!

I can't hire a car. Will have a few beers watching Menz get his hands on it, then into Melbourne for the cats clash with a few more beers and then to the hotel for a quick exit on Sunday morning. Sky bus and train it is!

Cheers for the info!
Good luck!

Cheers for the info!
Yeah then what CE said :thumbsu:

Public transport from the airport in Melbourne is shithouse so the bus into the CBD is the only real option, then discover the joys of myki and catch a train to W/bee from Southern Cross

I honestly thought that cat had a 3rd leg for a second then i realized it was the tail and mouse toy :) !!!!
I thought you were going to say you thought it was something else :eek: ;)

I just watched the interview with him on the website, christ he speaks well... is a remarkably level headed and balanced young man.

Whatever happens from here on a career in the media awaits if he wants I'd say

Just arrived home from the sponsors' Inner Sanctum + our unofficial BF meetup.

Daniel McL - were you at training today too? I took some photos of Nigel Lappin + Menzel doing some skills training + some video! Menzel was so fast! He looks terrific + very he's very excited about Saturday. Was told he's definitely playing VFL on Saturday!

giphy.gif

Just arrived home from the sponsors' Inner Sanctum + our unofficial BF meetup.

Daniel McL - were you at training today too? I took some photos of Nigel Lappin + Menzel doing some skills training + some video! Menzel was so fast! He looks terrific + very he's very excited about Saturday. Was told he's definitely playing VFL on Saturday!

giphy.gif

I'm afraid I wasn't at the training as I live in Canberra (sad I know) :cry: So was just posting pics from the Geelong Addy or Heraldsun I think it was :)

Negative I'm afraid.

The future father in law is coming to stay for a week and apparently I have things I need to do to get everything ready

Wrong.. Going to the game and seeing Menz's successf return will out you in the best mindset to compete all those tasks.

Go Catters

Wrong.. Going to the game and seeing Menz's successf return will out you in the best mindset to compete all those tasks.

Go Catters
You know what I'm not actually nervous about his return. I think it's because if the worst happens and he is done while it's awful we haven't had him for 3 years anyway so I see anything from him as a bonus. (That's from a purely results based view)
And seeing footage/hearing him speak there just seems a confidence that it is all going to hold up well.

(Or maybe as a coping mechanism I'm just taking it that way to not allow myself to be throwing up when watching him)

If the VFL game was in Melbourne or on Sunday, I'd definitely head along to see Menz. But I'm going to Etihad on Saturday night so it's a bit too hard to juggle both.

Will any keen BF'ers be giving us live updates from the game? My heart will be in my mouth until I know Menz gets through ok (the 25 possessions and four goals will be a bonus :)

Go Catters
Also whilst I agree it would also use the time I require to complete said tasks.... and while I don't have a problem with that.. the boss will

I'm afraid I wasn't at the training as I live in Canberra (sad I know) :cry: So was just posting pics from the Geelong Addy or Heraldsun I think it was :)
Shame you weren't there! But great photos Dan! He was looking very sharp, very fast with his ball skills + VERY excited.

BTW saw you man Jansen yesterday, WOW :eek: 100% eye candy, 100% incredible physique + now I'm 100% smitten. Looking forward to seeing play on Saturday.

But obviously, Menzel is the main focus this week - no pressure, no expectations, just lots of limbs + appendages crossed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got things crossed that don't belong being crossed! I could go to the game but I can't bear to watch it.

(But there's a tiny tiny part of me that imagines Dan coming through unscathed and being a key part of our forward line for years to come).
I keep thinking of your post LB + lolling at part one + then crossing everything even more firmly, hoping + praying for your part two.

It's only a short drive from Geelong, Kitty- it certainly won't take two four years to get there- which will be about how long young Daniel has been rehabilitating.. :)

Was actually thinking about going to the game via train... is that not a good idea?
It's a great idea lana! Go!
Edited for accuracy. ;)
:thumbsu:
i actually quite like adelaide, however the only time i have spent in werribee was at the zoo. the perth zoo loaned my exhibit to them for a while. thankfully some penguins busted me out and got me back home via madagascar....wait...what was in that drink i just had....
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
I'll have what rooie is having ;)

What was really great to see is that Menzel has increased the muscle in his legs, which is REALLY important for his tendons + ligaments. I'm sure that's why he did the second knee. It's what happened to me. It's imperative the ligaments + tendons are tight with the muscle, what I mean is, not flapping around.

I just watched the interview with him on the website, christ he speaks well... is a remarkably level headed and balanced young man.

Whatever happens from here on a career in the media awaits if he wants I'd say

He's been good on K-Rock doing special comments over the last few years.He's not one of these mumblers or a player you can't get much out of.

Ok so I've decided to venture South to watch Menz in his first game back for the Bankers. I've never seem them play live before but I think his return is reason enough!

So I'm early at the airport to get myself to Werribee by game time. Can anyone give a Sydneysider some info on getting from the airport (Tulla) to Werribee. I'll get in about 9am.
Biscut, what a shame you're not flying in to Avalon, I'd have picked you up, as I'm another Sydneysider, but I'm already in Geelong. abet - what can you suggest for Biscut?

PS I had to change Biscut about 10 times from Biscuit + Bixcut lol ;)

Public transport.
I think it's a tough way to go Biscut, you really should rent a car. Or see if there is a Tulla to Avalon airport transfer bus.

What the hell do you think you're doing WWSD??

Coming on here with such.....such.......goddamn respectful, sensible posts is wreaking havoc with all my prejudices, hatreds and opinions of the stereotypical Hawks supporter! :mad:

It's just not on. You can't be doing that. :straining:

Carry on :D
ROFLING Cataholic! + especially as it was all the Hawks fault that Menzel was injured ;) :p

Have to blame someone!

Public transport.
I think it's a tough way to go Biscut, you really should rent a car. Or see if there is a Tulla to Avalon airport transfer bus.

Cheers for the info!
Well scrap what I said except for the airport transfer bus thingee. + come + say hello at the game, Biscut, would love to meet another Sydney Cat, I'll be the 'crazy cat lady' looking woman, going insane, clapping + cheering as Menzel runs on the ground, screaming every time Menzel is near the ball, sighing, heaving, imploring the Footy Gods + all that sort of stuff! + if one of the oppo players is rough with our Menz, I'll run onto the ground + belt him! So just look for an hysterical crazy cat lady - not that I'm trying to scare you, or anything ;)
If the VFL game was in Melbourne or on Sunday, I'd definitely head along to see Menz. But I'm going to Etihad on Saturday night so it's a bit too hard to juggle both.

Will any keen BF'ers be giving us live updates from the game? My heart will be in my mouth until I know Menz gets through ok (the 25 possessions and four goals will be a bonus :)
If I'm in a fit state to post, I will fpm, but I'm sure there'll be many BF'rs there.
Biggest interest VFL game for me since RD12 1991 at Princes Park.
Please explain ypo? :)

He's been good on K-Rock doing special comments over the last few years.He's not one of these mumblers or a player you can't get much out of.
Agree + tend to think he was being groomed in case *insert the worst cause I can't write it* + he's terrific, very bright, great personality, well spoken + eloquent. Just fingers crossed it's something for him, long after a glorious AFL career.

#nopressure
#noexpectation

Sorry for the intrusion, just wanted to say best of luck to Daniel, absolute credit to himself and the club that he is about to make a return to footy.

I have gone through 2 knee recos and mental pressure and stress i felt from having 2 was enough.. can't imagine how he must have felt at various points along his journey.

fingers crossed he gets through the game ok and we see him in the AFL Soon :)

Me during the game: Menzel's going off the ground. Oh my god, he looks injured! OH MY GOD, HE'S DONE HIS KNEE AGAIN- oh wait, false alarm, he's just going off for a spell
Come + find me whysoyou! We can hold one another's hands lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back