Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Rioli isn't a Power Forward or Gun Midfielder he is an Excellent Half Back who can go forward and kick goals. What he would bring to a club like the Suns list is a player who has won premierships and know what it takes to get to that level and for a list like the Suns they need players like this. They currently have No players who have played in a final on their list. What is his value if he was a RFA would probably be 1 x 1st round pick maybe 5-15 depending on what the club had to offer but as a contracted player with 3 years to go on his contract then that shows they really need a HBF to fill a void or be a role model either way they have to pay 2 x 1st round picks and the Tigers will want 6 & 13 and the Suns will be offering 13 & 20. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and whether Rosas becomes part of the steak knives to sweeten the deal.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Rioli isn't a Power Forward or Gun Midfielder he is an Excellent Half Back who can go forward and kick goals. What he would bring to a club like the Suns list is a player who has won premierships and know what it takes to get to that level and for a list like the Suns they need players like this. They currently have No players who have played in a final on their list. What is his value if he was a RFA would probably be 1 x 1st round pick maybe 5-15 depending on what the club had to off but as a contracted player with 3 years to go on his contract then that show they really need a HBF to fill a void or be a role model either way they have to pay 2 x 1st round picks and the Tigers will want 6 & 13 and the Suns will be offering 13 & 20. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and whether Rosas becomes part of the steak knives to sweeten the deal.
Sweet child, name me a list of players that have been traded for pick 5

GC will pay whats required
Rioli for pick #7 is the corner stone of the trade and is non negotiate able imo and the deal doesnt happen and Rioli stays a Tiger and completes his contract.

Now if the suns want salary paid thats where it gets interesting and they will need to treat that seperately
#14 gets them $500k x 3 years
#20 gets them $250k x 3 years

choose your recipe GC

They won’t pay what’s required if that’s more than they’re willing to pay.

They won’t pay what’s required if that’s more than they’re willing to pay.
Its like buying a Car

Price is #7
you can take it as is but if you want ceramic coating thats another #20
If you want interest free finance thats pick #15

They will pay and already made the order and signed the #7
but depends on what extra's they want

Its like buying a Car

Price is #7
you can take it as is but if you want ceramic coating thats another #20
If you want interest free finance thats pick #15

They will pay and already made the order and signed the #7
but depends on what extra's they want

It’s like buying a car. And the buyer decides the most they will pay is $10,000. If the seller is willing to sell for a minimum of $11,000 then no sale is made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s like buying a car. And the buyer decides the most they will pay is $10,000. If the seller is willing to sell for a minimum of $11,000 then no sale is made.
Its nothing like buying a car at all. There are a million options when buying a car, there is only one D Rioli who GC have gone after and fallen in love with.

Last edited:
If the Suns don't need Richmond to pay Rioli's salary is 13 on its own closer to the mark?

If he didn’t have 3 years left.

#7 because he has three years left, another pick say 20-30 if you want contract paid.

Uncontested, no salary paid. 13 might be about right yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was like buying a car you are a bit off the mark. Let me explain it in car terms for you properly. :thumbsu:

Rioli = Car
Suns = Prospective Buyer
Tigers = Owner of Car not looking to sell

The Suns have seen the Tigers cruising around in their nice shiny car and they want it and the market value is $10,000
They offer the Tigers the $10,000 for the car and they say No I'm not looking to sell I have it booked in for the next 3 years at Summernats. If you really want the car so bad I might take $15,000 or I will just keep it.
The Suns say but I really need it to impress my mates at Summernats because my car is a piece of :poo: but I only have $10,000 and I would need to sell my Harley worth $5,000
The Tigers say well that is the only price I will take don't waste my time unless you sell your Harley and come up with $15,000

The End

If it was like buying a car you are a bit off the mark. Let me explain it in car terms for you properly. :thumbsu:

Rioli = Car
Suns = Prospective Buyer

The Suns have seen the Tigers cruising around in their nice shiny car and they want it and the market value is $10,000
They offer the Tigers the $10,000 for the car and they say No I'm not looking to sell I have it booked in for the next 3 years at Summernats. If you really want the car so bad I might take $15,000 or I will just keep it.
The Suns say but I really need it to impress my mates at Summernats because my car is a piece of :poo: but I only have $10,000 and I would need to sell my Harley worth $5,000
The Tigers say well that is the only price I will take don't waste my time unless you sell your Harley and come up with $15,000

The End

My whole point is that the suns won’t pay more than what they value him at. That’s the ceiling for the potential deal.

Rioli = Car
Suns = Prospective Buyer

The End
You are assuming the Tigers don't want to sell.

We know the fans don't want to. That's not the same thing though, no matter how many times certain posters state the "facts"

Maybe the Richmond list manager thinks he can get a better player for pick 13.

You are assuming the Tigers don't want to sell.

We know the fans don't want to. That's not the same thing though, no matter how many times certain posters state the "facts"

Maybe the Richmond list manager thinks he can get a better player for pick 13.

Why would they want to get rid of Rioli? He was our best player this year by a long way.

Why would they want to get rid of Rioli? He was our best player this year by a long way.
Because you want picks for your rebuild? Same reason you'll let Bolton go. Get maximum value for players that want to leave.

It's not getting "rid" of him as much as moving on a player that wants to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back