Oppo Camp David Swallow staying North until at least the end of 2024, AFTER WHICH he becomes (?) a NMFC player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: David Swallow to North - Official Thread 2013

met the both of them in doncaster on sunday! Lovely blokes, they are :thumbsu:

I would love to see them both play together. You'd have to give an arm and a leg and a gun to get Dave though ;)

met the both of them in doncaster on sunday! Lovely blokes, they are :thumbsu:

Location duly noted. As is the lack of Robina/Broadbeach in the above sentence.

Originally Posted by LB2Snake
I'm pretty sure, but happy to be corrected, that Iva B is actually an ex North supporter, even to the point of having "family" ties with the club.....going from memory of reading some of his past posts on other boards, his father or Uncle played for the Roos, or father-in-law....some sort of connection I'm 99% sure.
Over to you Iva :thumbsu:

:thumbsu:

Managed to snag a autograph from David on Sat morning before he spoke at a Grand Final function. I asked him when he is going to sign with North - he laughed. Nice young bloke.

This laugh...........tell us more about it............was it followed with a wink and a grin?

I'm pretty sure, but happy to be corrected, that Iva B is actually an ex North supporter, even to the point of having "family" ties with the club.....going from memory of reading some of his past posts on other boards, his father or Uncle played for the Roos, or father-in-law....some sort of connection I'm 99% sure.
Over to you Iva:thumbsu:

So a turn coat oh we just have to wait for his opinion to change much like those independants any higher bid for the loyalty of the disloyal 99% loyalty is 100% disloyalty fact.

Delayed a bit?

From todays Herald Sun:

GOLD COAST
THE Suns were linked early to Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett, but at this stage they seem more intent on luring more young elite talent into their list.
Tippett won't come cheap, so they might instead choose to use their pick 4 on Perth teen Jaeger O'Meara, one of the 17-year-olds GWS can trade off for picks or players.
If they got him in it would give GWS all of picks 1-5 this year, and allow the Suns some breathing space in their salary cap.
They know they will need it given Victorian clubs are certain to launch raids on their many first-year players who come out of contract next year.
Only a handful have already extended their contracts - some like David Swallow and Zac Smith.
But there will be a queue to have a crack at players like Trent McKenzie and Josh Toy.
Rival clubs know pick 4 is a special offer for O'Meara, but some like Hawthorn and Fremantle seem intent on at least finding out what the price is.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=22455905

Yeah, aren't both Swallows contracted until end of 2013 (taking Andrew beyond GWS' reach).

Maybe we could offer David the captaincy aswell?? and have a 3 way captaincy much like sydney had (Andrew, David, Jack)<<<what a leadership group that is

Maybe we could offer David the captaincy aswell?? and have a 3 way...........

You could've stopped right there Drew, for maximum impact.

they both keep saying they want to pay together, and andrew keeps saying he doesn't want to leave melbourne so that means his going to push for david down to north :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predication is that spitter will be made captain at the start of 2013 will sign on for 3 years and David will join north later that same year.

Yeah, everyone here obviously wants David Swallow to come to NM, me included. Be interesting to see if any of these same people are willing to give up anything to get him?

Yeah, everyone here obviously wants David Swallow to come to NM, me included. Be interesting to see if any of these same people are willing to give up anything to get him?

I would prepurchase 10 years of membership to enjoy watching it

surely if david comes out and says I want to go to North Melbourne, gold coast would have to accept our first round pick (in that year) and a fringe player for him, they would be stupid not too.

surely if david comes out and says I want to go to North Melbourne, gold coast would have to accept our first round pick (in that year) and a fringe player for him, they would be stupid not too.

He's already extended his contract so I'm not sure why it's even being discussed. Maybe in about 18 months (or whenever his contract ends) when North start shaping up premiership wise there may be rumblings but it's not going to happen anywhere before his contract finishes other than BigFooty.

Mark, take note of the date mentioned above^.

Mark, take note of the date mentioned above^.

Cheers Teffy, I didn't notice that, but I still think we're going to be hard up landing him. It's going to take a pretty special trade and I'm not sure we'll be willing to part with what they'll want.

Rumour I have heard is that GC want Jaeger and will give up pick 4 that means they have no R1 picks.

I have also heard that our first round pick 2011 18 plus 2 qlders and a ex brisbane defender may be on the table with it for a related mid fielder to one of our B&F winners

the ex Brisbane defender will also go to GWS

Rumour I have heard is that GC want Jaeger and will give up pick 4 that means they have no R1 picks.

I have also heard that our first round pick 2011 18 plus 2 qlders and a ex brisbane defender may be on the table with it for a related mid fielder to one of our B&F winners

So, GWS get pick 4 and Pratt

GC get Jeager O'Meara, Gav Urquhart and Ben Warren

North get Shane Harvey or Jade Rawlings?

Your making this up aren't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back