Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it is good publicity, it will bring attention to him and the club as people love the bad boy. It all adds to the aura.
If he can deliver on the field while not really doing bad off field, it can be great marketing for the club.

Plenty of so called bad boys have become legends of our game.

He's made his bed and has to lie in it for while, for mine.

If he keeps on the stright and narrow, he'll be a 'bad boy' this year, a 'yester year bad boy' next year, and it will probably be forgotten they year after.

Really hope he has a great year and is able to get some time at AFL level. With Pops, Rioli and Breust in the team, he'll have to work hard for a spot.

Agree CLA -- needs to keep his nose clean and work hard to gain respect of the players and coaches and the rest will follow.

:D:thumbsu: - Good luck young man !!

Should have given him 23, than syddy cant poach him till buddy leaves

Actually that would be a good FA rule, if a restricted free agent moves from club A to club B, club B lure another restricted free agent from club A untill the first player leaves club B

Use the new franchise set up as precedent, only one uncontracted player from each club

You need to take your brown and gold goggles off mate and realise every club has there few players that cop the wrath of the media/umpires. It's embarrassing to read Hawthorn supporters in here whingeing that the world has it in for us.
The world? What world? Whinging? Actually don't even elaborate . Your way off my point.

I was at training on Monday (13th) and one interesting drill was the one where the ball was kicked high to the sweet spot about 20 out from goal and the big blokes did not try and mark it. They hit it down to the low and quick fellas... One guess who was in and at the fall of the ball and snapping accurately. No silly, it was not Buddy.

Campbell Brown has been gone for 4 years yet people still make the connection to Hawthorn with his off field behaviour and don't get me started on how many think Franklin has been ' a protected species' by the AFL which reared up its ugly head late 2012 !! Even so much as having some footy journos joining in the garbage. I can't believe I had to explain myself...now that Brown then Franklin have flown th coup Garlett will be the one watched closely.cuz you see, he comes from the same team..still nothing??

The victim mentality, "oh, they're all against Hawthorn" is really just horseshit, and it needs to be given a rest.

If you seriously believe these stories wouldn't have happened if he had been drafted by someone else...It's tinfoil helmet stuff, really.

The victim mentality, "oh, they're all against Hawthorn" is really just horseshit, and it needs to be given a rest.

If you seriously believe these stories wouldn't have happened if he had been drafted by someone else...It's tinfoil helmet stuff, really.

Well said, there is far too much victim mentality on these boards at times

I was at training on Monday (13th) and one interesting drill was the one where the ball was kicked high to the sweet spot about 20 out from goal and the big blokes did not try and mark it. They hit it down to the low and quick fellas... One guess who was in and at the fall of the ball and snapping accurately. No silly, it was not Buddy.

Nice insight, thanks for the info. :thumbsu:

If my OP didn't clearly explain my reasons then ffsfo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's part of the fun, isn't it? Nobody is foolish enough to actually believe that their club is targeted by the AFL/media/aliens, but it's fun to pretend it's 'them against us'.

I'm not so sure anymore....

That tactic was employed last season too. Roughly is a master at tapping it to the advantage of one of our crumbers.

The last midfielder who was going to "repay the faith" at Hawthorn, ended up and Collingwood 4 weeks later via Free Agency.

Wonder how that worked out for him? :D

He got to hug Liam Shiels during the Premiership lap of honour after he had watched his former club win another Premiership from the stands.

#33?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back