Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Spotted Dayle at Etihad late on monday along with Hallahan and one of the other young guys I couldn't recognise. I've never seen someone move like they're floating across the ground like Dayle does, if you think Hill, Rioli & Burgoyne are smooth this kid will surprise you. I'm excited!

Spotted Dayle at Etihad late on monday along with Hallahan and one of the other young guys I couldn't recognise. I've never seen someone move like they're floating across the ground like Dayle does, if you think Hill, Rioli & Burgoyne are smooth this kid will surprise you. I'm excited!

Must have a nice walk...

I see Garlett as somewhat of a replacement for Burgoyne in 2 years - not necessarily as a HF, but as a Mid/HB. Garlett has genuine class - he's more than just a small forward with goal sense. I'd like to see him played as much HBF as HFF this year with Box Hill & see if we can't find ourselves someone to play there when Burger/Hodge/Mitch move on. Granted, he isn't known for his defensive game, but it's a mindset thing - not a skill thing - see Wanganeen's development at HB, or Birchall, the way he's developed a defensive game.

Garlett has genuine burst speed & is a very silky mover; he kicks very long off his left & isn't bad on the right; he finds space; &, is comfortable in traffic. Leave Popeye, Breust, Cyril up forward & develop a game breaking HB is my thinking.

I was at training on Monday (13th) and one interesting drill was the one where the ball was kicked high to the sweet spot about 20 out from goal and the big blokes did not try and mark it. They hit it down to the low and quick fellas... One guess who was in and at the fall of the ball and snapping accurately. No silly, it was not Buddy.

Bruest.....No wait Cyril. Please one more guess, Garlett? I give up.

Bad boy - sounds so comical really. Reminds me of one of my favourite Seinfeld ep's

george-costanza-jacket.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty lazy journalism really, rehash old stories, add they are fitting in well blah blah...got to laugh how they couldn't be arsed to find out the name of the doggies player right of Aish.

Would of liked to know who he feels has taken him under their wing, players that have surprised him and what he thinks of his fellow draftee's thus far. On a positive note it seems he is taking the training load in his stride and appears to have backed himself in at belonging at this level.

STOP for a minute and consider this:

Who was the last West Australian indigenous player, with a question mark over his behavoural issues to come to Hawthorn? Wow many flags did he help our club win?

Sure there were a few problems, but weren't they worth suffering the bull from other club's flogs?
Go for it Dayle, I just hope our fans don't put too much pressure on the young potential star.

Who was the last West Australian indigenous player, with a question mark over his behavoural issues to come to Hawthorn? Wow many flags did he help our club win?

Sure there were a few problems, but weren't they worth suffering the bull from other club's flogs?
Go for it Dayle, I just hope our fans don't put too much pressure on the young potential star.

True.

But one was 6' 5" - 105 kg & damn near unplayable when he was on....... A once in a lifetime player.

Hope he rots in Sydney.....:mad:

Well, I've been away for a while.. first post for 2014 and I couldn't resist.

Franklin lost it for us against Sydney with his dodgy kicking for goal and was a spectator against Freo... 2008 was his vintage year and won us more games of his boot then in any other. He is past his prime and might have a few more flashes of brilliance but he won't see another premiership in his career and whilst he will be rich beyond measure, he will have as many regrets as future girlfriends... Bookmark it.

I saw Buddy in Sydney travelling home from country Victoria with a connecting flight via Sydney to Brisbane. He was walking out of the Virgin boarding gates area on his own, walking past the brew house there on his way out. Only metres away I tried to get a bite, turned around to my misses and daughter and called out "look honey, a turn coat". If he did bite I was going to ask him next if he'll take it as well as Youngy did when we win the grandfinal again next year (it was 2013, Saturday 28th to be exact).

Oh well... I take comfort in knowing Sydney will be paying for his contract for many years as they languish in mediocrity and headlines for all the wrong reasons.

He'll go well in Sydney. Our game style reduced his impact (and importance to us) in 2013. He's still got a lot to offer. Just hope it's not against the Hawks.

He wont do well against us... Gibson has owned his a55 to many times to count and I'm sure with Lake assisting it will only make things easier.

Anyway, enough chat about that turncoat flog.... Garlett is going to be an absolute beauty, really excited about this kid and with the extra development & conditioning he's had in the WAFL he should find the step up to AFL that little bit easier than other recruits.

He wont do well against us... Gibson has owned his a55 to many times to count and I'm sure with Lake assisting it will only make things easier.

Anyway, enough chat about that turncoat flog.... Garlett is going to be an absolute beauty, really excited about this kid and with the extra development & conditioning he's had in the WAFL he should find the step up to AFL that little bit easier than other recruits.
Thank you for getting the thread back on topic. ie "The Garlett Pimpernel".

If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will all visit the infirmary. Every last mothergoose in here......

Please explain?

In English

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Dayle Garlett - I did but see him passing by... allegedly in a stolen vehicle (thanks Josh)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back