Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from the 2012 MPV

Ablett polled 788 votes, ahead of Essendon skipper Jobe Watson (602), Richmond’s Trent Cotchin (495) and Collingwood’s Dayne Beams (377).

Coaches association

TRENT Cotchin is the 2012 AFL Coaches' Association Champion Player of the Year.

The Richmond midfielder polled 107 votes to win by eight from Collingwood midfielder Dayne Beams, with Gold Coast captain and 2007-09 winner Gary Ablett and Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield seven votes further back in third.

4th in the MPV
2nd in the coach association awards

He was good in 2012.
He was sublime in 2012. He started getting tagged over Pendles he was so damaging. I remember when KJack tagged him and Beams gave him an absolute bath. Constantly kicked goals. Such a pity 2013 was a write-off. He seems massively underrated compared to Danger just cos Danger's quick.

On Beams position as a mid in the comp, he's the next wave of elite talent and that's what the Bears want to buy into. Swan, Judd, Ablett, Hodge are all on the way out while Beams is at the vanguard of the next group. Ergo, time to pay.
Yep. I'm happy to keep him for one of his peak years. Sure he might not be happy but that comes secondary to Brisbane not having him for one of his peak years :D:drunk:

On Beams position as a mid in the comp, he's the next wave of elite talent and that's what the Bears want to buy into. Swan, Judd, Ablett, Hodge are all on the way out while Beams is at the vanguard of the next group. Ergo, time to pay.

This, this, this.

It's pick 4 plus Aish or these campaigners don't get Beams.

And that's about what they'll pay.

And there still getting unders.

Sadly, I always felt that Beams would be stupid enough to pull this weak stunt.

Want to leave, leave with dignity and respect.

Say what you like about Heritier but he was man enough to attend and say his goodbyes as a Collingwood premiership hero.

Beams not attending only validates Buckley and what his ethos and expectations are amongst the playing group.

You are now free to hang out with your flog mate Heath Shaw.

There you go. I still stand by my call the he would have been favourably received if he turned up. Why wouldn't he? Harry turned up and losty no friends by doing so. I'm really disappointed in Beams. The guy who tweeted to him that he was pissweak for not turning up was just saying wjat we are all thinking.

Hats off to the club for putting a deadline on the trade too. Can't afford to let it go down to the wire and get forced into a shit decision. There is no reason why it can't be done in that timeframe either. All Brisbane have to do is come up with the goodies and it'll all be over. Gives us a week to ponder other opportunities (or haggle with Adelaide hopefully after Dangerfield says he wants to come)

This is from the 2012 MPV

Ablett polled 788 votes, ahead of Essendon skipper Jobe Watson (602), Richmond’s Trent Cotchin (495) and Collingwood’s Dayne Beams (377).

Coaches association

TRENT Cotchin is the 2012 AFL Coaches' Association Champion Player of the Year.

The Richmond midfielder polled 107 votes to win by eight from Collingwood midfielder Dayne Beams, with Gold Coast captain and 2007-09 winner Gary Ablett and Adelaide midfielder Patrick Dangerfield seven votes further back in third.

4th in the MPV
2nd in the coach association awards

He was good in 2012.

He was very good in 2012. I'm probably basing my top 20 assessment more so on this year. He does have some more upside in him and it's certainly possible that he could make a genuine claim for the top 5. I wouldn't say he had a down year in 2014 but probably wasn't at his best similar to the team as a whole.

Anyway I might leave it at that as I'm conscious that I'm posting on the Pies board and there's a bit of emotion regarding this trade.

Was interesting to hear from some of the pies supporters on where they rate him vs the rest of the comp.

Surely Beams is Brisbane's best player now/then? I'd rate him higher than just about anyone there, although Hanley might be more damaging on a good day.

Interesting the swing in popular opinion from supportive of Beams to hostile. One simple act has soiled the purity of his motives for going home. He is exposed as a fraud, using the health of his father as his passport to respectability, when a rift with the club and players is as obvious as the tats on his arms. Baltimore Jack has leaped to his defence, and a few other true believers have cited the pull of his father's mortality as mitigating circumstances influencing the crime. Largely, posters have viewed Beams' Copeland swipe for what it is and what it now reveals about his character. He is giving cause for hatred to replace sympathy in the hearts and minds of supporters.

played his heart out and wants to go him now, thats fine. Players are allowed to go home. He isn't a big game player tho, he stunk up those grand finals lol I can't remember a final where he has been the best or even top 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is all about where Beams sits in regards to the Brisbane midfield. He would be at the very top or the next best thing to the top mid in their team. That is no mean feat as they have some good young mids but I dare say most people that look at the comparable players rationally would agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was very good in 2012. I'm probably basing my top 20 assessment more so on this year. He does have some more upside in him and it's certainly possible that he could make a genuine claim for the top 5. I wouldn't say he had a down year in 2014 but probably wasn't at his best similar to the team as a whole.

Anyway I might leave it at that as I'm conscious that I'm posting on the Pies board and there's a bit of emotion regarding this trade.

Was interesting to hear from some of the pies supporters on where they rate him vs the rest of the comp.
Thanks for your contributions, you seem reasonable and respectful. I think Shizzle did a reasonable job listing some players who are there abouts. Where you rate can depend on whether just looking at one year or several and factoring in age for value. Some have looked at Judd & Burgoyne trades as examples of possible value for Beams. I suspect Judd was similar age and generally regarded as better than Beams so more valuable. Burgoyne arguably better player than Beams but was about 3 years older at time of trade which suggests to me Beams worth more.

I suspect with Lions stance on not losing players that they definitely won't part with an established player but I could see it happening with someone who has only been there a year or two - hence a lot of talk about Aish & Mayes as both quality players and high picks. You would know more on the likelihood of them going then me though. The more likely scenario I expect is involvement of a third club. If Pies want player/s than someone else supplies them and gets Lions picks.

There you go. I still stand by my call the he would have been favourably received if he turned up. Why wouldn't he? Harry turned up and losty no friends by doing so. I'm really disappointed in Beams. The guy who tweeted to him that he was pissweak for not turning up was just saying wjat we are all thinking.

Hats off to the club for putting a deadline on the trade too. Can't afford to let it go down to the wire and get forced into a shit decision. There is no reason why it can't be done in that timeframe either. All Brisbane have to do is come up with the goodies and it'll all be over. Gives us a week to ponder other opportunities (or haggle with Adelaide hopefully after Dangerfield says he wants to come)
I must have missed this - what was said about a deadline for the trade and where was it said?

I'm also in the boat of having missed what was said on instragram by Beams?
If he missed Copeland because he's with his Dad then that is fine by me. If he missed for other reasons than I would lean towards poor decision but certainly won't crucify him without knowing more. Good on HL for attending.

I must have missed this - what was said about a deadline for the trade and where was it said?

I'm also in the boat of having missed what was said on instragram by Beams?
If he missed Copeland because he's with his Dad then that is fine by me. If he missed for other reasons than I would lean towards poor decision but certainly won't crucify him without knowing more. Good on HL for attending.

83830_39ed950317c84ca4deff05245163ab4f.jpg

Thanks! Not sure I fully get Instragram. Does this mean he was hanging out with Shaw instead of going to Copeland? Don't see a lot in this unless that's the case.
The photo was 2 weeks old, but some random gave him a spray and he didnt like it

Beams can get absolutely ****ed. If Brisbane don't come to the table, and he doesn't want to go to Gold Coast. I hope we let him rot in the VFL. After tonights non attendance is gutless. Not only a reflection on himself, but also 41 of his "mates" not giving them the respect, and giving them a giant finger. Terrible person, and even if he didn't want a trade out, I would not want him at the club anymore. BUT, I am not giving him what he wants for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back