Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Clark @ClarkyHeraldSun · 3h3 hours ago
Levi Greenwood thanked people at the club but said nothing about his future. Still un-signed.

:)
TD was all over it at about 10.30 last night. I've got to get better at this. Haha!
I don't watch North because I can't stand their sook of a coach and a couple of their players so I haven't seen much of Greenwood. Is it worth us having a crack?

Pick 4 and Greenwood for what?
Beams id say. Greenwood is worth a pick 20-35 id say. Would be stupid to use it with the Beams trade. We'll get pick 22 from Melbourne for Harry, we should just on trade that for Greenwood IF we want him.

We should NOT under ANY circumstances be making the Beams trade any easier for Brisbane or that other prick.

Here's one for you. Someone on the Brisbane fans facebook page is giving Beams the following advice.
Resign from Collingwood, move to QLD and then sign with Brisbane. If the AFL don't allow it, Beams should sue them for restraint of trade and will most likely win.
Isn't there some AFL law to stop players doing this? I'm not sure.

Here's one for you. Someone on the Brisbane fans facebook page is giving Beams the following advice.
Resign from Collingwood, move to QLD and then sign with Brisbane. If the AFL don't allow it, Beams should sue them for restraint of trade and will most likely win.

The AFL would never allow that.

Was on the Adelaide forums and noticed some chaps reckon we would need to give up Broomhead or Grundy for Dangerfield. Had a bit of a LOL, but honestly.. Wouldn't be to fazed to lose grundy for Dangerfield. I mean.. It's Dangerfield.

North would kill for a tall defender to help out Thompson.

Pies gain: pick 4, greenwood and probably a third round pick.
Pies lose: beams

Brisbane gain: beams.
Brisbane lose: pick 4,merret and 3rd pick

North gain: merret.
North lose: greenwood.

Fair.

Was on the Adelaide forums and noticed some chaps reckon we would need to give up Broomhead or Grundy for Dangerfield. Had a bit of a LOL, but honestly.. Wouldn't be to fazed to lose grundy for Dangerfield. I mean.. It's Dangerfield.
We would have too. Unless we can get Aish from Brisbane.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are two lots of people who I feel really sad for after last night's events - the blind sheep that envisage themselves as the hounds protecting the Club's honour by attacking all and sundry that dare to suggest things aren't all that rosy

and Beamsy's team mates who deserved better from him.

As for that instagram comment, I really can't see what all the fuss is about. Sure, the smartest thing for Beamsy to do was to ignore the "pissweak" remark from some no name keyboard hero but he has every right to feel aggrieved by it and retaliate.

ps. very happy with the Club's tough stance, I'd rather he sits out next year and we get nothing for him than be known as someone who bends over easily at the first sight of sentimental blackmail, real or not.

There are two lots of people who I feel really sad for after last night's events - the blind sheep that envisage themselves as the hounds protecting the Club's honour by attacking all and sundry that dare to suggest things aren't all that rosy

and Beamsy's team mates who deserved better from him.

As for that instagram comment, I really can't see what all the fuss is about. Sure, the smartest thing for Beamsy to do was to ignore the "pissweak" remark from some no name keyboard hero but he has every right to feel aggrieved by it and retaliate.

ps. very happy with the Club's tough stance, I'd rather he sits out next year and we get nothing for him than be known as someone who bends over easily at the first sight of sentimental blackmail, real or not.

Yep, Id be happy for him so sit out a year and play a few VFL games rather than get bent over by Brisbane.

Not too worried by the instagram comments, if someone pots him, he can retaliate if he wants, not that much good will come of it.
Not turning up to the Copeland was tactically the worst move he could make, it gives lie to this is purely about his father's situation, loses him sympathy.
Don't care where he ends up; just hope the club is able to drive a hard bargain. And if Brisbane want to offer a bag of stale twisties, **** 'em.
Good on Lumumba for attending; he might have his faults, but he does have principles, can look everyone in the eye.

I must have missed this - what was said about a deadline for the trade and where was it said?

I'm also in the boat of having missed what was said on instragram by Beams?
If he missed Copeland because he's with his Dad then that is fine by me. If he missed for other reasons than I would lean towards poor decision but certainly won't crucify him without knowing more. Good on HL for attending.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/da...-without-a-fight/story-fndv8g1a-1227079549546

Have a read here re the ultimatum the club has given Brisbane

Well, I wanted him gone for requesting a trade but I understood why.

Not going to the B&F is just a dick move that erodes my sympathy. He would have been lauded and begged to stay. Uncomfortable, sure. But if he'd rather avoid that and thumb his nose at the supporters and our awards, I've lost some respect for him.

Glad I leave Brisbane in two weeks!

If that article is legit, ie if Collingwood are REALLY asking for Pick 4 + one of Rockliff, Hanley, Aish... then sorry guys but you're on James Hird levels of delusion. My suspicion is that the journalist is getting his info from his own speculation only, and possibly bigfooty.
We can all only speculate on what has been discussed between the clubs. Arguing about it here is really pointless. FWIW I too think that Pick 4 and Aish is overs. Pick 4 alone probably unders. Especially if it gets pushed back to 5. I think its a good thing to put a time stamp on the transaction though from our perspective. I am sure that Brisbane would prefer to drag it out until the last hour if they could. It seems the Pies can see that coming and don't want to be backed into a corner

We can all only speculate on what has been discussed between the clubs. Arguing about it here is really pointless. FWIW I too think that Pick 4 and Aish is overs. Pick 4 alone probably unders. Especially if it gets pushed back to 5. I think its a good thing to put a time stamp on the transaction though from our perspective. I am sure that Brisbane would prefer to drag it out until the last hour if they could. It seems the Pies can see that coming and don't want to be backed into a corner

Yeah I have no problem with any of that, and re the timeframe, well three frigging weeks for trade "week" is obscene anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back