Mega Thread Dayne Beams trade (Its over, thread closed)

What do you support the club to do? (Opposition respondents will be carded)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the Brisbane players which we would find acceptable, Aish, Mayers etc. Which ones would be likely to want a trade? I am asking this for two reasons;
Firstly, I don't know much about their players.
Secondly, if any of those players did become untouchable they would still need to agree to a trade.

Greenwood is from south australia and I know the Crows tried hard to get him off North 2 years ago. Is there any chance we could grab him off North and then on trade him together with pick 4 & Aish to the Crows for Patty Dangerfield?

GWS would surely meet our trade requirements; let's see if trading Dayne there meets his...

Dayne wants out
Dayne misses Heath
Dayne wants to be closer to his Dad
Dayne wants more $$
Dayne, (supposedly) wants to play with his brother OOPS

GWS would surely meet our trade requirements; let's see if trading Dayne there meets his...

Dayne wants out
Dayne misses Heath
Dayne wants to be closer to his Dad
Dayne wants more $$
Dayne, (supposedly) wants to play with his brother OOPS
Where could this possibly have come from? Dayne specified Queensland.

On facebook i've seen like 5 people and a couple of 'AFL experts' pages suggest:

Beams > Brisbane
Pick 4 > North Melbourne
Greenwood > Collingwood

Oh dear god, Facebook is where actual footy knowledge goes to die.

831758.gif

So long story short,where is the beams situation at the moment?

No mate, you're on the Pies board, it's all good. Just seems like an out of the box suggestion.

I knew I hadn't;)

My point being if we meet majority of his needs and the club who supposedly wants him won't meet ours, then we can say sorry Dayne we tried and here's what we CAN get done.

From the Age (as schwab was leaving I'd say) -- now all their players are untouchable ?!?!

3:22pm: Peter Schwab (Brisbane Lions recruiting chief):

- Collingwood are well aware that the Brisbane Lions will not be giving up any players for Dayne Beams.

- He thinks it will be a combination of picks that gets the deal done, and is confident it will go through.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...014-day-one-20141006-3hcra.html#ixzz3FLLNukCK

I knew I hadn't;)

My point being if we meet majority of his needs and the club who supposedly wants him won't meet ours, then we can say sorry Dayne we tried and here's what we CAN get done.
You would suspect that he wouldn't agree to that one and would stick with the Pies, despite how deeply uncomfortable that might be for all involved.

Combination of picks hey, ok we can work with that, something like this;

4, 14, 30

Seriously, it will take something like that to get Beams with draft picks alone, we would want 2 first round picks and probably a second or third round pick also.

If the Lions are that stubborn and want to only trade picks, they better start working out a way to get a second first round pick.

From the Age (as schwab was leaving I'd say) -- now all their players are untouchable ?!?!

- Collingwood are well aware that the Brisbane Lions will not be giving up any players for Dayne Beams.

- He thinks it will be a combination of picks that gets the deal done, and is confident it will go through.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...014-day-one-20141006-3hcra.html#ixzz3FLLNukCK

Looks like he's staying with us then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would suspect that he wouldn't agree to that one and would stick with the Pies, despite how deeply uncomfortable that might be for all involved.
We were all like you with Chris Ju$$, we thought we were in the box seat, then he went to the scum. History repeating? Beams off to GWS?

Get ****ed Schwabby'
That's what I'd be saying if I was involved in the trade talks. Lucky for us, I'm not. They either want him or they don't.
I'd be pissed off if we got 4 and 24 and couldn't do anything with them to somewhat cover the loss. Lucky I don't matter.

So all their players are UNTOUCHABLES?

Well for such a champion team, their flag odds for 2015 are 67/1.

Better get on board people before they start to come in to 5/4 by the start of round 1, 2015.

I have a feeling there will be a few amazed Collingwood suppoerters when the deal gets done. Anyone thinking we will get a gun player and pick 4 is as delusional as anyone that thought Beams was only leaving for his father or that now hes only leaveing for $.

Beams was and is leaving Collinwood. It's that simple and that will drive the deal through unfortunately.

I look forward to 70,000 paid up ostriches directing their angst at Beams like they did with Thomas.

IT'S F%*G US not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back