No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

How many wins for the rest of the year under their new coach David Teague?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember this is a team that in our rancid recent form we beat at their home ground by around 100 points. Carlton in melbourne are 3 goals up with gc coming hard at 3/4 time...carlton are no great team we need to be scared of next week
I haven't been watching it but maybe the Suns are responding well? I seriously can't see us winning on current form.

Just need to build enough of a good lead by half time, okay teams can come back at us in the 2nd half (but Carlton isn't one of them).
Carlton have come back from 5 goals down in two of their wins and nearly pinched the Bulldogs and Melbourne games.

What if it’s pick 8 & 19 for 4? If we lose to Carlton that’s a real chance of happening and you wouldn’t do that unless it was last year’s top 5.
This year's top 4 are still consider high top end quality like any other year, however, only 2 of them are consider pick 1 whereas in last year's super draft, any of the top 4 could have been pick 1. And this year's top end talent thins out after the normal top 4 so I would still do pick 8 + 19 for pick 4 (especially given this year's lack of talent after the top 4).

What if it’s pick 8 & 19 for 4? If we lose to Carlton that’s a real chance of happening and you wouldn’t do that unless it was last year’s top 5.
Is it?..did you just watch carlton? They were run close by a team we beat the week earlier by 16 goals. Melbourne are an even chance to beat wce in alice springs and who knows what st kilda will produce under their new coach this week. I think we will beat carlton and will comfortably. We just lost to a team that has won 6 of its last 7 and had we kicked straight in the 1st half we could have been 7 or 8 goals up instead of 2 at half time. We lost a showdown in a bad way and lost to geelong in geelong when we had a bad second half..who wins down there?. I am very confident we get the job done this week

Carlton have come back from 5 goals down in two of their wins and nearly pinched the Bulldogs and Melbourne games.
I am thinking more of a 10 goal lead by half time and then really slow down the play, if not and we dish up that rubbish after half time like we done against Port Power and Essendon and only have a 4-5 goal lead, we will get done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it?..did you just watch carlton? They were run close by a team we beat the week earlier by 16 goals. Melbourne are an even chance to beat wce in alice springs and who knows what st kilda will produce under their new coach this week. I think we will beat carlton and will comfortably. We just lost to a team that has won 6 of its last 7 and had we kicked straight in the 1st half we could have been 7 or 8 goals up instead of 2 at half time. We lost a showdown in a bad way and lost to geelong in geelong when we had a bad second half..who wins down there?. I am very confident we get the job done this week
Today had the classic hallmarks of a team who is not used to winning getting ahead of themselves after a few good wins.

I’ve watched Carlton over the last month and they have been a lot better than today.

They play the G better and their run will do us damage.

You make excuses for our losses all you want but they were poor and all had the same issue, carved up because of our lack of midfield spread, poor skill level, failure to stop a run on and disfunctional forward 50 entries.

Definitely would! But my question was how much closer we’d get - not what it is right now if the season ended
At worst we will sneak into the 8 and Melbourne will finish lower than Carlton, but I still think if it ends up being pick 8 (just missing out on the 8) + 19 for pick 4 (Melbourne and Sydney finish below Carlton), that's still a very good deal, given this year's top 4 are as talented as any year's top 4 (with 2 players consider pick 1 potential) and then there is a drop in talent after the top 4.

So pick 3 now. And with us on the decline, how close will we end up?
Pick 3 is a fallacy... it will be pick 6 or 7 at best by the end of the year and we’ll give them pick 9 or 10..

Have a look at the ladder.. Carlton are 2 wins away from 11th with all the teams in front of them having difficult games in the next few.

Carlton will beat us next week.

Today had the classic hallmarks of a team who is not used to winning getting ahead of themselves after a few good wins.

I’ve watched Carlton over the last month and they have been a lot better than today.

They play the G better and their run will do us damage.

You make excuses for our losses all you want but they were poor and all had the same issue, carved up because of our lack of midfield spread, poor skill level, failure to stop a run on and disfunctional forward 50 entries.
Our spread and midfield balance looked a lot better with the rotation of Smith, Milera and Atkins in there and don't forget we did keep up with the spread and pressure against one of the fastest team in the AFL. My only concern is why we can't keep this up in the 2nd half......

Pick 3 is a fallacy... it will be pick 6 or 7 at best by the end of the year and we’ll give them pick 9 or 10..

Have a look at the ladder.. Carlton are 2 wins away from 11th with all the teams in front of them having difficult games in the next few.

Carlton will beat us next week.
Have you seen Carlton's run home.....?? Their easy run was at the start of the year when Bolton should have pinched a few more wins from those close loses.

Our spread and midfield balance looked a lot better with the rotation of Smith, Milera and Atkins in there and don't forget we did keep up with the spread and pressure against one of the fastest team in the AFL. My only concern is why we can't keep this up in the 2nd half......
Until they started running and spreading and we couldn’t keep up, they kicked 13 of the last 16 goals

Doesn’t work like that though does it?

West coast, port, geelong didn’t beat them by much. They all beat us.

I think it was Peter J who said in the lead up to the suns game, that we would win easily because we have an appetite for flat track wins. That’s spot on. We always demolish the truly crap sides, where others may struggle. Those teams might get better results in other games though.

Put us against a side with some semblance of talent, playing with intensity/flair/momentum/emotion then we go to water. Like last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters DEATH RIDE 2: A TEAGUE OF THEIR OWN! (Picks 3 and 21)

Back