Debt Demolition Opt Out option

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Membership renewal sneakiness?

There is nothing untoward about an "opting out" process, it's a pretty common way companies do business, especially with regards to rolling arrangements. Not only did I get information in the mail which was very clear, I also received emails as well keeping me informed of how this donation will work. I think it is a brilliant idea which will be easier to administer. The cheaper to organise, the more profit you make towards the debt.

Top job by the club, up with the times and I am also pretty sure this process was ratified by the members anyway this year.

Unfortunately the OP is trying put a sordid spin on this by implying that it was all in fine print. It was nothing of the sort.

This.

Surely the operative word in all of this is 'opt'?

Im confident that if anyone didn't read the letter, get the email, receive the text, check out the web story, or read the Herald Sun or Age articles, and pays the $25 without meaning to, that the club will refund it. If they don't, PM me, and I'll take up a collection for you.

Who appointed you spokeman for the other posters? The OP obviously has no clue- see post #4 as does the poster who brought up readers digest.

Your attitude annoys me. I'll donate my money but I'll whinge and whine like an EH diff on a public forum first.
Actually not whinging, I am just making an opinion, I have been a member for 12 years, feel as if I can speak up to as much as you do. If you don't like my opinion and it disapoints you then tough, I don't love the club any less cause I don't a 100% agree with everything that they do.

The reality is that an "opt out" approach will provide a better return than an "opt in" one. We require an efficient aggressive administration to get us to where we need to be. They are simply taking the approach that promises the best result. As mentioned above I believe that the Club would refund a payment in error.

The reality is that an "opt out" approach will provide a better return than an "opt in" one. We require an efficient aggressive administration to get us to where we need to be. They are simply taking the approach that promises the best result. As mentioned above I believe that the Club would refund a payment in error.

Agree. The auto opt in is a PR risk and I'm not sure of the legality in terms of consumer affairs. I sort of recall some controversy about auto opt ins before. However I am with the majority here. Take the tough stance and pay back the few who genuinely get caught out. We need action. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back