Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, it was fun at the game, although I have a pending hangover from awful stadium beer (and Dutch Trading Co either side of game; it’s a bloody crime that place is shutting down).

However, it was disconcerting how much the game resembled minimally-opposed whole field drills at late preseason training.
Were Melbourne really considered a top 8 contender this season?!!
They would be equal second if they had won both games against us. Just saying.

Last edited:
Great post game interview with Son Son and Banners on Final Siren 💜

Loved how they talked about the obsession by fans and the media with stats and fantasy points, without being aware of what roles players fill within the team that aren’t that obvious and can’t be measured. Son Son credits this team mentality with Freo’s current success.

+
Getting Cox and Frederick back to full form is a very promising thing for Freo’s season IMO. Just need Moose to be ok…
In hindsight maybe rushing Pearce back wasn't the move. Could of easily handled Melbourne and Meth Coast without him. Extra 3 weeks to heal and be ready for the run home. Now he might be out another month or more.

I'm pretty sure that an umpire can only pay a free kick like that after a goal has been signalled. So even though Amiss had already kicked the goal he hadn't been paid the goal when May pushed him. The decision was technically correct.
On the replay you can clearly hear one of the umpires say to Treacy when he was remonstrating with May to move away because he has paid a free kick?

Either way it was a dog act from May and completely unnecessary given the state of the game.

Jye seems to cop a lot of treatment from physical backs.

The ump on the TV said he paid a free.

Weird we did not get a second shot, and it was after the goal had gone through.

Could have misheard it, and he could have said don't give away a free.
I heard it too on the replay he definitely said he had paid a free kick.

Maybe it was overridden by the umpire in the sky!

How good was it seeing Freddy getting so many opportunities!
That's my metric because goal accuracy comes and goes. Effort is forever and he had lot's of really good involvement in the play.
Agreed. Grady thing about Freddie (apart from all the obvious) is just like with Charlie Cameron or Picket, you can never afford to ignore him, lose sight of him, or fail to plan for him.

Just him being in the side and running around up forward can create opportunities, as his presence adds options to both the forward line and our ball movement that have to be countered.

Just like in chess, sometimes a potential positional threat is more powerful than its execution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+

In hindsight maybe rushing Pearce back wasn't the move. Could have easily handled Melbourne and Meth Coast without him. Extra 3 weeks to heal and be ready for the run home. Now he might be out another month or more.
It’s not just about that though. Cox looked a much better player when Moose was on compared to when he came off. We need to settle our whole defence and get them ready and gelled for finals.

It’s not just about that though. Cox looked a much better player when Moose was on compared to when he came off. We need to settle our whole defence and get them ready and gelled for finals.
Different backline with them both in. Goes up a level. Allows everyone else to play their normal role. Worried now if he's completely re injured it and back to square one with the recovery.

Different backline with them both in. Goes up a level. Allows everyone else to play their normal role. Worried now if he's completely re injured it and back to square one with the recovery.
My bet is sore but not 'completely re-injured'. Hopefully just another wek or two. He showed yesterday he can slot straight back in and the defence functions immediately - ie we will be right come finals bar other mishaps.

But in all seriousness. Yes Jackson's highlight plays out of the centre bounce where he roves his own tap and runs out of the centre square are amazing but Darcy dominates the hitouts and gives our guys silver service. Alot of these experts on TV don't actually watch our games so they have no clue.

+

In hindsight maybe rushing Pearce back wasn't the move. Could of easily handled Melbourne and Meth Coast without him. Extra 3 weeks to heal and be ready for the run home. Now he might be out another month or more.
Yesterday was an important game.

Despite winning easily if we lost we would have been 8th .

Imagine if Pearce was held back 1 more week and we lost.

At the end of the day sometimes it comes down to luck.

Great game to re-watch - Brayshaw, Serong and Young are getting to Barlow, Fyfe and Mundy levels circa 2013. Going to be unbeatable soon.

Not enough love for Walters - he isn't going to impact games week to week anymore but his experience will become incredibly handy come finals time. He ran out the entire game and didn't look gassed.

We look incredible when we play hard and fast, the skills to find free players is something I've never seen from Fremantle - the only term I can't search freely on BigFooty anymore is 'contested marking beast' because I'm not sure we have one anymore, that was Taberner in 2022 but that's because we couldn't find as much space back then. I wonder how we'll go when we're choked up man-on-man - Darcy, Jackson and Treacy can bring it to ground which isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think the spread we were able to get after winning the contest was really good. Often there were multiple players running along sidethe player with the ball to provide an option. Too many options lol

No team can withstand the purple tsunami

Although, having said that we won't be able play that way every week so let's be realistic about it 😉

Last edited:
Great game to re-watch - Brayshaw, Serong and Young are getting to Barlow, Fyfe and Mundy levels circa 2013. Going to be unbeatable soon.

Not enough love for Walters - he isn't going to impact games week to week anymore but his experience will become incredibly handy come finals time. He ran out the entire game and didn't look gassed.

We look incredible when we play hard and fast, the skills to find free players is something I've never seen from Fremantle - the only term I can't search freely on BigFooty anymore is 'contested marking beast' because I'm not sure we have one anymore, that was Taberner in 2022 but that's because we couldn't find as much space back then. I wonder how we'll go when we're choked up man-on-man - Darcy, Jackson and Treacy can bring it to ground which isn't the worst thing in the world.
Walters is great cream. 🤔 His value is maximised when the forward line and transition doesn't rely on him. Instead he's able to channel his genius into chiming in here and there with masterful flourishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees in hell to the tune of 50!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back