Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Super-mega-ultrathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Brown staying I can't see how we get Yarran (unless we gave up our first round pick which shouldn't happen).

If we could get best available mid with our first pick, Yarran in a deal involving our second pick and grab Garlett with our 3rd that would be huge.

I think we need to look at the fact we have Sinclair, McInnis, Lycett & McGovern on top of Kennedy, Darling, NN & Cox. Yes, I get Cox is going but we need to maximise these tall "assets" while they might have some currency.

I'm not sure if we can trade a rookie like McGovern or Sinclair, anyone know?

But we need to get creative.

Also guys like Butler and Waters could have real currency to a club like GWS and maybe others...

Given Browns signing where is Schofield at?

Also I'm not sure you can play 2 medium marking forwards who don't play on ball - so is one of Hill or Lecca expendable ...

We need to think outside the square to create interest from other clubs for picks; players or both

We can, the only requirement is that the club taking them has to put them on the senior list.

So that seems to give us some options in a comp that currently loves forward/rucks and I'd suggest both our rookies are that and both have some currency ...

Or if we really rate one or both of them then Lycett is in the gun... and he'd have some currency too I reckon.

It's all moot though if we get picks and then don't nail them.

I thought of Carter, but he isn't exactly quick. If Wilson is selected, WC still could utilize both Carter and Wilson, for WC could use Carter to play on an opposition FP and use Wilson to provide some pace, run and carry and offensive flair from the HB line. Also, grabbing an extra BP/HBF couldn't hurt, for Waters and Butler can't be relied upon to string numerous games together anymore. Plus, Wilson provides traits that are sorely missing from among what WC have at present.

Wilson has very good skills and would be handy for kick-outs to free Hurn up to play further up the ground but he definitely does not have pace.

Not like rockliff.

He doesn't remind me of Black all that much either. I know he's a ball winning left footer sure but he's longer limb, he's a stronger aerialist. Personally he reminds me of a downsized version of Pendles.

I do agree that we need a BP player that can match up well with dynamic indigenous small forwards . No since wirra have we had that type of player but given stokes , motlop, wells, Cyril, varco , pearce , hill and jetta are all smaller mids not marking mids which there line breaking running and finishing/inside 50 skills are hallmark of there game Wilson could be our polish and X factor . He is exactly what we need ! If bennell can take back pocket why would we waste Wilson .

Bennell is an "if" at this point in time. I, personally, don't think he'll be anything more than depth. WC shouldn't be pinning their hopes on Bennell coming good. That's far too risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has got to be better than A Selwood !

I'd still have Arsewood ahead of Bennell, but would choose Bennell because AS's playing days are coming to an end, so there's no point giving games to him with WC's season in the mire.

It's in season junk-time games like WC have for the rest of the season that Bennell should be getting games to show what he has to offer WC at AFL level. When winning offers less than losing, like it does now, play the guys who don't see much, if any, AFL game time.

We needed midfield and flank players much more than we needed key position players and Carlisle was considered a pretty speculative pick due to him being a lanky key position project player who didn't know if he was a forward, defender or ruckman.

Apart from missing the point. we also missed Duncan .....

That said, the reasons we still needed mids AND the reasons we whiffed on Stevens, Weedon v Carlisle, Black AND Duncan is because our recruiting team have been poor for more than half a decade ...

Apart from missing the point. we also missed Duncan .....

That said, the reasons we still needed mids AND the reasons we whiffed on Stevens, Weedon v Carlisle, Black AND Duncan is because our recruiting team have been poor for more than half a decade ...
Bar Darling and maybe Gaff we really haven't scored well for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back