Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm now this caught my eye
Port Adelaide, meanwhile, is trying to nut out a deal for Polec, but it is happy to play a waiting game to see what picks the Lions can yield through their other trades.

The Power's preferred deal would see them trade pick No.14 for Polec and an extra draft pick. They have baulked at that deal, however, when the extra pick is the Lions' No.29.

Another scenario that has been floated involves trading pick No.14 to a third club for two selections in the 20s, with the Power keeping one and the Lions receiving the other for Polec.

Hey Port, we'll happily give you pick 28 and 31 for 14 and you can send 28 to Brisbane for Polec ;)

Then just talk Yeo into going into the PSD

A man can dream

Read this in the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger for some reason.... who's your daddy and what does he do?

"Our mum says that our dad is a real sex machine"

I disagree.

The good picks we have managed have been very good however:

2007: Ebert 13, Tony Notte 20*
2008: Swift 20*, Smith 36
2009: Sheppard 7, Weedon 22*, Stevens 23
2010: -
2011: Newman 23, McInnes 28
2012: Colledge 45?

We have mostly wasted our rookie picks over that period, so for a club that doesn't do well in the RD and doesn't go deep into the ND, our drafting and trading history over this period, given the resources available is pretty concerning.

Ebert was a great pick but a fail by Woosh to back Priddis over him for midfield time; Notte was a poor worker and that's on our development staff. Swift was again a development issue as you can't go from that rookie season to what we saw after that for a bloke who works so hard. Pick 36 is a bit of a punt and the guy have been playing regularly so that's a good pick. 2009 we just got too cute, we thought Fyfe or Bastinac would drop to us at 22 and we drafted a backman with speed in Shepp thinking he'd convert to line breaking mid. 2011/12 hard to rate. Newman was poor scouting given the off field issues and McInness like all bigs needs 3 years before you can expect anything at AFL level.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-22/draft-order

ROUND TWO
GWS 21. GWS
GWS 22. GWS (received from Melbourne as part of trade for Dom Tyson)
STK 23. Adelaide (received from Melbourne for Bernie Vince; free agency compensation pick for Colin Sylvia)
HAW 24. Hawthorn
STK 25. St Kilda (free agency compensation pick for Nick Dal Santo)
WB 26. Western Bulldogs
GCFC 27. Gold Coast
WCE 28. West Coast
BL 29. Brisbane Lions
NMFC 30. North Melbourne
WCE 31. West Coast (traded from Collingwood)
CARL 32. Carlton (traded from Richmond for Shaun Hampson)
CARL 33. Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have pick 11 from the Pies. IMO here is the top 10 and see whats available for us from there

Pick 1: Tom Boyd to GWS (Can't see him not becoming a Giant anymore with Franklin going to the Swans, unless they trade the pick)

2: Josh Kelly to GWS (Kelly fits a need for GWS, Aish will slide now that Melbourne have passed on pick 2)

3: Jack Billings to ST. KILDA (Tempation will be there to pick Aish but the versatility of Billings to play midfield/ forward will weigh heavily in his favour)

4: Matt Scharenberg to BULLDOGS (Again his versatility compared to Aish will weigh heavily in his favour)

5: James Aish to GOLD COAST (Aish may still slide further but deserves to be inside the top 5, smokey is Kade Kolodjashnij who GC are really into i've heard)

6: Ben Lennon to COLLINGWOOD (Think he's the man the Pies want and I doubt he would have been available at selection 10 hence there want to draft for a higher pick)

7: Matt Crouch/ Nathan Freeman to BRISBANE (Will go for the best available inside midfielder IMO)

8: Luke McDonald to NORTH under father/ son (This has been sorted already. Will add a lot to Norths team)

9: Darcy Gardiner to MELBOURNE (They've got Vince, Tyson and Michie via the trade period and IMO need toget some talented KPD depth)

10: Marcus Bontempelli to COLLINGWOOD (They'll like the versatility that Bontempelli brings. If Gardiner isn't drafted i assume they would seriously consider him here)

This gives us a list of possible mids to take at 11. Dom Sheed, Nathan Freeman, Lewis Taylor, Christian Salem, Blake Acres and possibly Bontempelli to name a handful so even if we missed our first preference there is quality mids to select there

GWS and Saints.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-22/draft-order

GWS 21 and 22
Gold Coast 20 and 27
St Kilda have 18,19 and 25

We are next best with 28 and 31

I would say GWS might normally do that trade, 2 in the 20's for pick 14, but they are pretty low 20's, although I'm not sure how much room they have on their list?

Saints will use a few picks this draft surely, there isn't much to them atm. Plus they might trade 18 to the Lions.

No idea on GC.

But probably wont be us....

Hmm now this caught my eye

Hey Port, we'll happily give you pick 28 and 31 for 14 and you can send 28 to Brisbane for Polec ;)

Then just talk Yeo into going into the PSD

A man can dream
Yep sounds good, then take Sheed and Acres with 11&14

So we have pick 11 from the Pies. IMO here is the top 10 and see whats available for us from there

Pick 1: Tom Boyd to GWS (Can't see him not becoming a Giant anymore with Franklin going to the Swans, unless they trade the pick)

2: Josh Kelly to GWS (Kelly fits a need for GWS, Aish will slide now that Melbourne have passed on pick 2)

3: Jack Billings to ST. KILDA (Tempation will be there to pick Aish but the versatility of Billings to play midfield/ forward will weigh heavily in his favour)

4: Matt Scharenberg to BULLDOGS (Again his versatility compared to Aish will weigh heavily in his favour)

5: James Aish to GOLD COAST (Aish may still slide further but deserves to be inside the top 5, smokey is Kade Kolodjashnij who GC are really into i've heard)

6: Ben Lennon to COLLINGWOOD (Think he's the man the Pies want and I doubt he would have been available at selection 10 hence there want to draft for a higher pick)

7: Matt Crouch/ Nathan Freeman to BRISBANE (Will go for the best available inside midfielder IMO)

8: Luke McDonald to NORTH under father/ son (This has been sorted already. Will add a lot to Norths team)

9: Darcy Gardiner to MELBOURNE (They've got Vince, Tyson and Michie via the trade period and IMO need toget some talented KPD depth)

10: Marcus Bontempelli to COLLINGWOOD (They'll like the versatility that Bontempelli brings. If Gardiner isn't drafted i assume they would seriously consider him here)

This gives us a list of possible mids to take at 11. Dom Sheed, Nathan Freeman, Lewis Taylor, Christian Salem, Blake Acres and possibly Bontempelli to name a handful so even if we missed our first preference there is quality mids to select there

I think Crouch and Gardiner may be a little early.
KDP players tend to slide.

If Kolodjashnij is available at 11, I hope to hell we pounce. Otherwise Acres.

So I googled Kolodjashnij to try and find out how the hell you're supposed to say it and I noticed he has a twin brother. Anyone know if said twin shares his athletic ability?

Edit: uh, in addition to the post immediately above this.

Have to disagree, Melbourne (and possibly brisbane pending wtf is happening there) remain our biggest threat to picking up our man. Roos doesnt like going big blokes early in the draft, too speculative, he'll go a midfielder I think, he knows the current lot is shithouse even with the recent trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back