Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say I still maintain that the appointment of Jaymie Graham was to mentor Newman and to bring in and mentor Garlett which is why West Coast were so dogged in retaining that 2nd round draft pick.

Gotta say I still maintain that the appointment of Jaymie Graham was to mentor Newman and to bring in and mentor Garlett which is why West Coast were so dogged in retaining that 2nd round draft pick.

Why do you say that?

Bootsma doesn't fit our recruitment process.. don't we have to find someone coming off an ACL or another major injury to be interested?

28 instead of 31 for Yeo is staggering.

I hope this isn't a precedent for future deals in years to come, when a guy is all but coming to us and we give up a higher pick than needed for the sake of it. Its the principle.

How Carlton gave up 33, whilst having 32 for Docherty and us giving up 28, whilst having 31 is bewildering!

Welcome aboard Yeo! ... but bewildering nonetheless!

Who do you think is better Yeo or Docherty?

If it's simply an upgrade on our 3rd rounder (ie. going to use 43 and pass on 49) seems a bit pointless, especially considering if we played it a bit harder with the Pies we could have just kept 44.

Gotta be for a pick upgrade or for a player.

Haha, he be trolling some on here

Puts it well into perspective though. I think we do need to turn two picks into one though.

That doesn't make sense. We need development coaches etc, why would we be hiring one with our eyes on one player in particular? I just don't see Garlett as an Eagle.

11:40am: We have movement. As anticipated, the Lions will trade Patrick Karnezis to the Pies in a straight swap for Jackson Paine. The 21-year-old Karnezis played 21 games for the Lions after being drafted 25th overall in the 2010 draft. Jackson Paine makes his way to the Gabba after playing just six games for the Pies after being drafted 50th overall in 2011.

Brisbane reamed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11:40am: We have movement. As anticipated, the Lions will trade Patrick Karnezis to the Pies in a straight swap for Jackson Paine. The 21-year-old Karnezis played 21 games for the Lions after being drafted 25th overall in the 2010 draft. Jackson Paine makes his way to the Gabba after playing just six games for the Pies after being drafted 50th overall in 2011.

Brisbane reamed.
Really? Seems about fair to me.

I'd say we are going for a player but i would very keen to try and package picks for a better one.

Pick 31 + 43 to Essendon for 26

Pick 31 + 43 + 49 to Adelaide for pick 23.

I would be trying the clubs that need picks first and see if anything sticks.

Very possible and the Crows and Bombers would consider it considering they will be lacking picks in that region.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back