Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't you say that it's been good but could have been better though?

Yeo for 28 was a steal, but we could/should have lost 31.

Should have got 10 instead of 11.

Should have kept 44 and then kept our 3rd rd compo.

Happy with where we are right now but can't help but feel we were on the losing end of all the 50/50 decisions.

I don't, no. What's the point in nitpicking over 10/11 or 28/31? That's just being narrow sighted. We got the player we wanted and kept our first and second round picks.

I'm sure if the quality of draft between 6 and 11 was greater than it actually is, we would have kept 6 or pushed harder for 10. But it's not, so we didn't.

bombers activity
out: 5 players if we include gumbleton (and one rookie)
In: 2 from gws, chappy

so they only need two picks in the draft atm.

reports suggest they're about to get 55 for gumbleton.

So 26 and 55 or 31 and 43.
I Reckon they would prefer they would prefer the chance to nab a better talent at 26.

Fair enough. Not as desperate for picks as I thought then

WC BF BOARD: You can do it Vozzo, you can do it Vozzo! Help each other out, that'll be out motto. You can do it Vozzo! You can do it Vozzo!
Adam Simpson: Make this trade, I'll give you free Michael Vosso.
Nesbitt: Get back to my place, where I will get you blotto!
pantskyle: Domo arigato, Mister rovozzo!
All: You can do it, Vozzo! You can do..
Vozzo: Uh, guys.. I made the trade. We won!

I don't, no. What's the point in nitpicking over 10/11 or 28/31? That's just being narrow sighted. We got the player we wanted and kept our first and second round picks.

I'm sure if the quality of draft between 6 and 11 was greater than it actually is, we would have kept 6 or pushed harder for 10. But it's not, so we didn't.

Pretty much agree with this, however the 10/11 and 28/31 issues help maintain a pattern that when it comes to trades we usually end up on the wrong side of the peripheral stuff.

We couldn't do much about #28 for Ebert but why did we have to downgrade our 3rd rounder as well
We didn't have anything other than #18 to offer to Collingwood for Wellingham but why couldn't we have fluffed about with some later picks like Port did with us
Why settle for 11 when we could have got 10 and why swap 44 for 49 in the process as well.
Why offer 28 when we could have used 31

In isolation these trades are a little disappointing without being as overly alarming as some here would have you believe. They do form a pattern however that suggests we are a little too willing to compromise which confirms Bond007 assertion that we are too eager to have a reputation as "fair traders"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC BF BOARD: You can do it Vozzo, you can do it Vozzo! Help each other out, that'll be out motto. You can do it Vozzo! You can do it Vozzo!
Adam Simpson: Make this trade, I'll give you free Michael Vosso.
Nesbitt: Get back to my place, where I will get you blotto!
pantskyle: Domo arigato, Mister rovozzo!
All: You can do it, Vozzo! You can do..
Vozzo: Uh, guys.. I made the trade. We won!

Pretty much agree with this, however the 10/11 and 28/31 issues help maintain a pattern that when it comes to trades we usually end up on the wrong side of the peripheral stuff.

We couldn't do much about #28 for Ebert but why did we have to downgrade our 3rd rounder as well
We didn't have anything other than #18 to offer to Collingwood for Wellingham but why couldn't we have fluffed about with some later picks like Port did with us
Why settle for 11 when we could have got 10 and why swap 44 for 49 in the process as well.
Why offer 28 when we could have used 31

In isolation these trades are a little disappointing without being as overly alarming as some here would have you believe. They do form a pattern however that suggests we are a little too willing to compromise which confirms Bond007 assertion that we are too eager to have a reputation as "fair traders"

Fantastic post mate, summed it up brilliantly

It's death by 1000 cuts stuff, no wonder some of us are shirty

Giving away slightly more on each trade than really necessary probably doesn't mean much on each individual trade but adds up over the years. We need to gain slightly sometimes to balance it out. And I hope we stop using decent picks on dud small forwards.

You stepped up to the plate Pants.

You've earned your time in the sun.

Bask in thy glory.:thumbsu: :D

tumblr_mk8e263cXm1qjczh3o3_r1_500.gif

Id be interested to see how much movement there is in this years trade period say compared to 5 years ago, looking back on the 2 weeks does seem like quite a bit of movement. Primarily its still players wanting to go home, 1 or 2 years left players, recycled and injury prone players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back