Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true if we had one ruckman that rotated up forward but would have 3 rucks rotating in there in Lycett, Cox and Nic Nat. Plus we have Darling and Lecra/Hill who can play lead up forwards if need be.

Mcinnes is an interesting one...would you say he has not been scoring bags of goals because of the quality of ball that comes his way? I hope he shows some improvement with some better development at East Perth a bit like Lycett did when moving there.

Perth were mostly alright last season..
He needs to take more marks and use his booming left foot more to advantage.
I think its probably more a mutrity thing,he tends to drift in and out of games for long periods.
CHF is a tough gig.at wafl he probably looks better playing from the goal square although hes not a natural FF.
At East Perth where does he play??they will have Josh Smith,Mcgovern,McIness.Lycett,Johnson,Sinclair..lots of big guy options there.

I'm still not sold on Ruckmen playing KPP's regardess of how many we have rotating although i'm not opposed to the idea of ruckmen resting in a pocket if a game dictates it at the time.
I reckon we have to use Darling as the 3rd tall in the forward line,obviously Kennedy being 1 which leaves a genuine CHF then you can have the rucks down there as a game unfolds to really strech the opposition.
Most premiership teams have those 2 key genuine forwards(FF & CHF)Hawthorn had Buddy and Roughead(who is a forward come ruckman) then they have there Jack Darling type,its Gunston,with LeCras/Hill types its Rioli/Hill etc...

Knightmare's write up from drafts and trading board
Alec Waterman (WCE – F/S): One of the better performed midfielders and one for West Coast fans to get excited about. Waterman is a hard midfielder who can win his own ball inside the contest but also find it outside the contest. He’s a damaging ball user by foot with some penetration on his kick which complimented by his vision allows him to make his touches more damaging than most with the targets he can hit. He’s got an effective running game as someone who can run all day but then also be an effective burst runner.

Alec Waterman (WCE – F/S): One of the better performed midfielders and one for West Coast fans to get excited about. Waterman is a hard midfielder who can win his own ball inside the contest but also find it outside the contest. He’s a damaging ball user by foot with some penetration on his kick which complimented by his vision allows him to make his touches more damaging than most with the targets he can hit. He’s got an effective running game as someone who can run all day but then also be an effective burst runner.

So pure awesome, but were we expecting any less?

Hope wce get to use a 2nd or 3rd pick on waterman

In the last 10 years.. Schammer was pick 13, Sam Power pick 10 and Steven Armstrong pick 25

All won the Larke Medal and picked after 10.
...and in the last 5 years it has been Swallow/Hooper, Harley Bennell, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield and Dom Sheed.

Outside of Hooper, each player from the four years previous looks to have absolute gun potential.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...8-national-draft/story-fni5f22o-1226764371712

hmmmm. As good as Beams is, would anyone seriously not take NN in hindsight.
They are playing to their market.

Anything Collingwood gets a mark up, likewise Essendon. Next, Vic over non-Vic, especially if you are a successful club like Geelong.

The HUN are flogs and anything they print or post I wouldn't take too seriously. Their past and present senior people have been some of the floggiset and most Vic-centric media people post becoming a national competition (see VFL-Mike, Robbo, Jon Ralph etc.).

Sheed trained with us early on the year so i could see Waterman doing the same.

As for us getting him as a 2nd round pick i highly doubt it.

Sheed trained with us as part of the AIS program though. I was more wondering if west coast would seek permission to get Waterman to train with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...and in the last 5 years it has been Swallow/Hooper, Harley Bennell, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield and Dom Sheed.

Outside of Hooper, each player from the four years previous looks to have absolute gun potential.

You take my post to mean that winning the Larke medal doesn't mean much when it was only a comment in reply to someone asking about winners who were taken outside of the top 10 in the draft.

FWIW I agree with you on your above point.

Are we able/would we do the same thing with Waterman as North Melbourne did with Luke McDonald and use him within the East Perth development system?

Yeah they did and i am not sure how they pulled that off.

I do remember a few teams saying they rated him as a first round pick.

They pulled it off because there was only two teams in front of their 1st round pick (GWS and GC). The first team to bid on Viney was after Melbourne's pick 3 so they were able to use their next available pick, which was their 2nd rounder.

Reckon we're gonna miss out on Sheed.... so was trading with Collingwood for a pick for Yeo worth missing out on Sheed?

If you can answer that definitively now can you please also provide next weeks lotto numbers as well for me?

Reckon we're gonna miss out on Sheed.... so was trading with Collingwood for a pick for Yeo worth missing out on Sheed?

More chance of us overlooking him than him being gone. Pretty sure no clubs before our pick are even considering him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back