Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto on the "No for Bootsma". We must be going to use two trades to upgrade a pick since we will probably use 2 picks. Otherwise the Gold Coast trade doesn't make sense. Unless we are just being nice to McKenna so he can return the favour eventually be giving us Omeara. ;)

Maybe a 3 way trade in the works?

Everitt -> Carlton
Bootsma -> WCE
Pick 43 -> Sydney

While I dont hate what we have done this draft period, fair to say I am worried about the people who are managing this stuff for us. I hope those at the club are keeping an eye on it, although I'm pretty sure Vozzo got promoted recently so I hope somebody knows what they are doing.

Couldn't agree more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we intend on using 3 picks? I mean 43 is better than 49. Does anyone know if we need to delist another player to actually use 43?

Trade Radio@traderadio
1m
Trade paperwork lodged: GC Suns exchanged Rd 3 pick (curr. 43) to West Coast for its yet to be activated Rd 3 GC Suns compensation pick.

I like it, hopefully we package 43 and 49 for a pick in the 30s. Or better yet throw a player in a get a pick in the 20s.

Maybe we intend on using 3 picks? I mean 44 is better than 49. Does anyone know if we need to delist another player to actually use 44?
the way vozzo was speaking yesterday I think we will use 3 picks.

If we get Bootsma, I'll... probably do nothing.

nothing.jpg

28 instead of 31 for Yeo is staggering.

I hope this isn't a precedent for future deals in years to come, when a guy is all but coming to us and we give up a higher pick than needed for the sake of it. Its the principle.

How Carlton gave up 33, whilst having 32 for Docherty and us giving up 28, whilst having 31 is bewildering!

Welcome aboard Yeo! ... but bewildering nonetheless!

Would people prefer us to get Everitt or Bootsma if we traded our pick in the 40s?
I'm not keen on either of them. I don't really see them filling our need for midfielders. Id be happier to swap 31, 43 and 49 to create two picks in the second/third round. Then go for Cripps and Robertson.

28 instead of 31 for Yeo is staggering.

I hope this isn't a precedent for future deals in years to come, when a guy is all but coming to us and we give up a higher pick than needed for the sake of it. Its the principle.

How Carlton gave up 33, whilst having 32 for Docherty and us giving up 28, whilst having 31 is bewildering!

Welcome aboard Yeo! ... but bewildering nonetheless!
I think we did much better than carlton - is that staggering

Would people prefer us to get Everitt or Bootsma if we traded our pick in the 40s?
Bootsma. He is better defensively in my opinion, and is younger. Also for his size is pretty hard at the footy. I also think that if we were planning on getting a project player with pick 43, we might as well use it on a player who has already had 2 years in the system, and is still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back