Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

And then there is biggie whos ceiling is likely below all 3. Think he has another year to run but sheesh he would want to develop. Laz has had ample time to show he doesnt have any higher ceiling. Poor bugger tries his ass of though.
It’s a pity really because Pink, Teakle and Biggie all present as good solid characters, who will give their hearts and souls for our cause. It grates when I find myself knocking them. Imagine Stevo if he had their qualities!

Last edited:
Yeah probably has to be
I’d be happy just taking our first and second pick and upgrading Dawson

Maybe trade in 1 player

Thus only needing 4 senior list spots (delist pink, greenwood plus trade Scott)
Just an adjustment on this
So apparently we started the year with 37 senior list and 7 rookies (sellers, Maley, Drury, shiels, RHJ, Dawson and Free)
Added 2 more rookies msd

We can go up to 38 on the senior list eg (38-6)
So by getting rid of TT plus the above 3 senior list changes and the additional senior list spot actually gives us 5 senior list spots

Eg 2-3 picks plus upgrade Dawson and bring in 1 player

and culling shiels, Drury and RHJ off the rookie list

It’s a pity really because Pink, Teakle and Biggie all present as good solid characters, who will give their hearts and soul for our cause. It grates when I find myself nocking them. Imagine Stevo if he had their qualities!
Which is why i would be pissing sleevo off at the earliest possible time. At least the others appear to be putting in the effort, laz , drury and robbieJr as well. But exposed talent definitely has value which is why we likely keep sausage but with sleevo he has frittered away his credits. Delisting free may buy treakle some time.

Which is why i would be pissing sleevo off at the earliest possible time. At least the others appear to be putting in the effort, laz , drury and robbieJr as well. But exposed talent definitely has value which is why we likely keep sausage but with sleevo he has frittered away his credits. Delisting free may buy treakle some time.
It’s hard to know with Sleevo, though. I guess the club are just exploring ways of getting the best out of him. It’s not that he’s not trying. It’s just the apparent clueless brain fades. I don’t need him to be a “hard at it bull”. I’d settle for more consistency and keeping his head in the game. He does have qualities that are rare enough. I’m OK with giving him a bit of rope. The VFL team is there after all to enable him to work on his shortcomings.

It’s hard to know with Sleevo, though. I guess the club are just exploring ways of getting the best out of him. It’s not that he’s not trying. It’s just the apparent clueless brain fades. I don’t need him to be a “hard at it bull”. I’d settle for more consistency and keeping his head in the game. He does have qualities that are rare enough. I’m OK with giving him a bit of rope. The VFL team is there after all to enable him to work on his shortcomings.
Whatever transpires iam sure clarko and viney will strike the right balance.

Biggie needs to harden up. If he can do that then he can make it as a player.

I don't see it with him.

From where we are currently I am doubtful he plays AFL again with those in front of him.

He is on the list for another year.

If push came to shove with list spots I would pay him out.

Departures: (prediction not preference)

Greenwood (Retire)
Lazarro
Nuyon
Thomas
Shiels (Retire)
Sellers R
Free R

TBC - Club would like to retain them:

Scott
Zurhaar

TBC - Form will dictate

RHJ
Drury
Taylor (looking more likely to stay)
Harvey

4-5 off the main list.

Departures: (prediction not preference)

Greenwood (Retire)
Lazarro
Nuyon
Thomas
Shiels (Retire)
Sellers R
Free R

TBC - Club would like to retain them:

Scott
Zurhaar

TBC - Form will dictate

RHJ
Drury
Taylor (looking more likely to stay)
Harvey

4-5 off the main list.
Why would the club dump Sellers so quickly?

UPDATE

It's been a big 6 weeks since my previous attempt at this. Updated thoughts are:

My thoughts:
Delist and relist as a rookie
J Stephenson
C Coleman Jones

Delist
Hamish Free
Hugh Greenwood - I would love him to stay on as captain of the VFL, he is phenomenal for the young blokes.
Tarryn Thomas
Liam Shiels
Charlie Lazzaro - I would delist him and re-rookie him if he wasn't picked up elsewhere.
Blake Drury - I could contemplate leaving him on a rookie list for another year depending on what/who else is available

Free Agent/Trade
Cameron Zurhaar - Looks like he is testing the market, depending on what we get we match if its not an early first round pick and force a trade if he chooses to leave

Retain
Bailey Scott - Offer 3 year deal, last 3 weeks has shown his still the best winger we have on our list by a considerable margin and we need to retain him.
Brayden George - 2 year deal (I'd still give him 2 years and i'd do it now as a show of faith)
Will Phillips - 2 year deal, could see him becoming an excellent run with player who can also get his own ball.
Eddie Ford - 2 year deal,
Jackson Archer - 2 year offer
Kal Dawson - 2 year offer
Toby Pink - 1 year deal, offers depth and tries and offers list flexability
Tyler Sellers - 1 year deal, worth another year in an area we are at our most weak
Finnbar Maley - 1 year deal, see above
Cooper Harvey - 1 year deal, I think there is something there and want to see him get a clear run at it
Robert Hansen - If his form continues definitely a 1 year deal with triggers, it's our biggest list hole.
Curtis Taylor - I had him out the door but his last 3 weeks has me offering him a 1 year deal.

I think that this would open up 5 spots on the main list and a couple on the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UPDATE

It's been a big 6 weeks since my previous attempt at this. Updated thoughts are:

My thoughts:
Delist and relist as a rookie
J Stephenson
C Coleman Jones

Delist
Hamish Free
Hugh Greenwood - I would love him to stay on as captain of the VFL, he is phenomenal for the young blokes.
Tarryn Thomas
Liam Shiels
Charlie Lazzaro - I would delist him and re-rookie him if he wasn't picked up elsewhere.
Blake Drury - I could contemplate leaving him on a rookie list for another year depending on what/who else is available

Free Agent/Trade
Cameron Zurhaar - Looks like he is testing the market, depending on what we get we match if its not an early first round pick and force a trade if he chooses to leave

Retain
Bailey Scott - Offer 3 year deal, last 3 weeks has shown his still the best winger we have on our list by a considerable margin and we need to retain him.
Brayden George - 2 year deal (I'd still give him 2 years and i'd do it now as a show of faith)
Will Phillips - 2 year deal, could see him becoming an excellent run with player who can also get his own ball.
Eddie Ford - 2 year deal,
Jackson Archer - 2 year offer
Kal Dawson - 2 year offer
Toby Pink - 1 year deal, offers depth and tries and offers list flexability
Tyler Sellers - 1 year deal, worth another year in an area we are at our most weak
Finnbar Maley - 1 year deal, see above
Cooper Harvey - 1 year deal, I think there is something there and want to see him get a clear run at it
Robert Hansen - If his form continues definitely a 1 year deal with triggers, it's our biggest list hole.
Curtis Taylor - I had him out the door but his last 3 weeks has me offering him a 1 year deal.

I think that this would open up 5 spots on the main list and a couple on the rookie list.
I think your numbers are a bit out of whack, especially if we lose our extra rookie spots.

We currently have 46 players on our two lists because of the two MSD picks. We need to get this back to 42 when we lose those spots - which I expect we will. But even if we don't, you will need to find a player or two to delist (and not re-rookie) if you want to open up five spots.

I’d give Sellers a look in before the end of the year with Larkey and Teakle where Sellers in third banana.

We’d probably get a better understanding of what he’s actually capable of at the level without throwing him directly in the to fire the way we did.

Well as we darn well say 3 weeks is a long time in footy.

1. Archer- done enough to get a new deal. Happy for him and us.
2. Taylor - looked odds on to go, would suggest he's back and gets another shot at it.
3. Pink - no harm done if he stays.
4. Phillips - most thought he'd go, of his own doing, but now has a role and a place in the side.
5. Hansen Jnr - starting to show a bit. Not upset if he stays, may leave of his own accord.

Probably a couple lucky to be contracted as I honestly think they'd be gone.

1. Stephenson
2. CCJ
3. Biggy ( R)

So now we have delisting's from the below

1. Lazzaro - could be considered unlucky, and suffers from the above 3 taking list spots
2. Free- if he wasn't done, Teakle has made it a certainty
3. Drury - oh well
4. Bergman - as above, been around abit and hasn't come close to cementing his place.
5. Shiels
6.Greenwood.
7. Thomas

We have currently 3 draft picks that we'll definitely use. So If we took 3 picks or 4.
Gone
1. Thomas
2. Free ( R)
3. Drury (R)
4. Greenwood ( retired)
5. Shiels ( retired)

It may well be a calm end of year, and fyi that isn't a bad thing. But everyone understands that.

I think we will look back on 2024 as the season we turned the first corner.

Well as we darn well say 3 weeks is a long time in footy.

1. Archer- done enough to get a new deal. Happy for him and us.
2. Taylor - looked odds on to go, would suggest he's back and gets another shot at it.
3. Pink - no harm done if he stays.
4. Phillips - most thought he'd go, of his own doing, but now has a role and a place in the side.
5. Hansen Jnr - starting to show a bit. Not upset if he stays, may leave of his own accord.

Probably a couple lucky to be contracted as I honestly think they'd be gone.

1. Stephenson
2. CCJ
3. Biggy ( R)

So now we have delisting's from the below

1. Lazzaro - could be considered unlucky, and suffers from the above 3 taking list spots
2. Free- if he wasn't done, Teakle has made it a certainty
3. Drury - oh well
4. Bergman - as above, been around abit and hasn't come close to cementing his place.
5. Shiels
6.Greenwood.
7. Thomas

We have currently 3 draft picks that we'll definitely use. So If we took 3 picks or 4.
Gone
1. Thomas
2. Free ( R)
3. Drury (R)
4. Greenwood ( retired)
5. Shiels ( retired)

It may well be a calm end of year, and fyi that isn't a bad thing. But everyone understands that.

I think we will look back on 2024 as the season we turned the first corner.
Pretty much agree with all of that except Bergman, injuries have stalled his progress so far, has plenty of room for development with a bit of continuity and luck with injury, i would persist with him.

Pretty much agree with all of that except Bergman, injuries have stalled his progress so far, has plenty of room for development with a bit of continuity and luck with injury, i would persist with him.
I just meant he was someone who you’d look at and discuss.
And my final list didn’t include him

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back