Greenwood
Shiels
Free
Sellers
Drury

but with 2 msd picks and the LTI back on the list got to cull 2 more
2 of laz/CT/Coop

I'd keep CT out of that 3
potentially could move another one to the rookie list also instead of taking a new rookie

So in this year's draft, we've identified that we need another mid, 2 x key forwards and a small forward. Plus Stevens.

That's 5 players ideally as part of our rebuild.

See, this is the problem with Darling. He becomes a list clogger the moment he steps in the door. Not in 12 months time.

So in this year's draft, we've identified that we need another mid, 2 x key forwards and a small forward. Plus Stevens.

That's 5 players ideally as part of our rebuild.

See, this is the problem with Darling. He becomes a list clogger the moment he steps in the door. Not in 12 months time.
in the above we would get a small forward via trade eg: owies, clarke, richards, konstanty etc
draft a key forward at 22 and bring in darling
get a mid at pick 2
and bring in parker

don't want stevens even as a rookie

Last edited:
in the above we would get a small forward via trade eg: owies, clarke, richards, konstanty etc
get a mid at pick 2
and bring in parker

don't want stevens evan as a rookie

Doesn't make for great reading really. Most of us on here are suggesting we split our first pick. The club, by all reports, seems to be interested in doing this as well.

I'm fine with splitting pick 2 that would allow you an extra kpf drafted

And then who makes way for that? And even though you don't rate Stevens, be prepared for us to take him in the same way you are preparing yourself for Darling.

And then who makes way for that? And even though you don't rate Stevens, be prepared for us to take him in the same way you are preparing yourself for Darling.
one of the 3 i mentioned at the end
it doesnt really change the above much

we started with a 37 senior list and 7 rookies
can go to 38-6

i'd be fine with not taking any new rookies this year and bypassing the rookie draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough.

I can't see us not taking him, worthy of a rookie spot at the very least. You never know just he might surprise a few like Jackson Archer.
From what I've seen I'd take him as a rookie at very least. Slight frame but the competitiveness and kicking skills are there.
Frame is similar to Tsatas but River is a better kick of the footy based on his ball use in his games for VC.

Senior listed players I would let go, contracted or not. just pay out the contracted guys and free up the spots:
Curtis Taylor
Tarryn Thomas
Charlie Lazzaro
Harvey Cooper
Jaidyn Stephenson
Callum Coleman-Jones

This includes Greenwood who is retiring, Shiels was already on our rookie list as far as I am aware.

There are a few rookies I would let go, but those are neither here or there, I think Teakle and Dawson should be elevated, they are either playing or should be playing regularly. I don't have much expectation anyone else on the rookie list will make the grade.

Even if we bring in Parker and Darling, we should still have room for up to 5 draftees.

^you somehow missed Pink

And I don’t see us taking draft picks outside 40

He is a rookie according to footywire, not sure if it is accurate or not. I am basing it off their list.

As I said with the rookies, apart from the two I mentioned, I don't have much expectation the others will make the grade. They might, but likely not. The vast majority of rookies, for any club, don't make it and we really aren't at the pinnacle of player development.

I like Lazzaro, I just don't see him getting much opportunity with us, we are wasting both his time and our time, he has a chance of being picked up by someone else who hasn't been sucking top 5 midfielders for the last decade and still being shithouse.

I mean, if we put all of our rookies into a bus and it tragically went off a cliff it would unlikely have much of an impact on us on-field, we can keep them for a bit longer or not, I don't really care.

We may split pick 2 or bring picks in from next year perhaps, we could end up with more picks than what we currently have.

I'd just like to see some urgency with players on our list, to lift their game and improve and I think we need to make some examples with guys who haven't been in a hurry to lift their game. This isn't a dig at everyone on that list, but I laughed when the club ranked the highest out of player happiness. Yeah, if I did **** all, got paid a lot of money and had zero expectation to get better I'd be ****ing ecstatic as well.

Our patience should be wearing thin.

get a mid at pick 2
and bring in parker

don't want stevens even as a rookie
What is your issue with Stevens? We don't have any decent small forwards and he seems to tick most of the boxes. Applies pressure, hard at it, runs hard both ways, good kick. Surely he is a better option than keeping Cooper, Stevo, Taylor, etc.?

What is your issue with Stevens? We don't have any decent small forwards and he seems to tick most of the boxes. Applies pressure, hard at it, runs hard both ways, good kick. Surely he is a better option than keeping Cooper, Stevo, Taylor, etc.?
i just don't see stevens as afl standard, I wouldn’t even notice him if it weren’t for his surname

very slight body and think he is at best state league level

there will be better options in this draft for us

You'd take him in hope that a bit of his father has rubbed off...Jacko's got the competitive streak of his old man...even LMac is a chip off the o'block...Cooper may have taken after Uncle Shane unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back