Ticktak

All Australian
Nov 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg FC, Canucks, Seahawks
Who are going to be the 4 unlucky ones this year?

It seems at this stage that the 4 older guys will be playing on & therefore Shirley, Gill & Gallman will probably have to go.

So if this does happen who do you think will be the 4th delisting?

Remember we have to delist at least 4 as Martin has been upgraded.

Keeping Burton, McLeod, Goodwin & Edwards will probably force the club to delist either Kite or Lee in my opinion.

I would hate to see this as I'd like to see both get another year on the list but they may risk trying to re-draft them.

Who are going to be the 4 unlucky ones this year?

It seems at this stage that the 4 older guys will be playing on & therefore Shirley, Gill & Gallman will probably have to go.

So if this does happen who do you think will be the 4th delisting?

Remember we have to delist at least 4 as Martin has been upgraded.

Keeping Burton, McLeod, Goodwin & Edwards will probably force the club to delist either Kite or Lee in my opinion.

I would hate to see this as I'd like to see both get another year on the list but they may risk trying to re-draft them.

I don't believe we do, IIRC the AFL ammended the rules to allow a club to use a rookie upgrade instead of a selection in the draft, which would mean we would still only have to delist the mandatory 3 players.

I don't believe we do, IIRC the AFL ammended the rules to allow a club to use a rookie upgrade instead of a selection in the draft, which would mean we would still only have to delist the mandatory 3 players.
When did that rule come in?
Must have been just for this year.

Gill and Gallman are definitely gone.
Jacky might be delisted.
You'd think we'd shop Griffin around for a trade. He's entrenched at last option ruckman now imo and with Sellar, McKernan, Maric, Tippett and Moran all more of a chance of getting a game than him, he's better off at least seeking a trade.
Is Shirley still contracted? Reckon he will probably retire at the end of his current contract (whether that be now or next season)
Kite might be shown the door. He's gone backwards this year and the only thing that will save him is if we plan to move Otten into the midfield next season and require another tall backman as insurance.

So does that mean we can have 41 players on our list? If so that's sweet!

When did that rule come in?
Must have been just for this year.

Jacky might be delisted.
You'd think we'd shop Griffin around for a trade. He's entrenched at last option ruckman now imo and with Sellar, McKernan, Maric, Tippett and Moran all more of a chance of getting a game than him, he's better off at least seeking a trade.
Is Shirley still contracted? Reckon he will probably retire at the end of his current contract (whether that be now or next season)
Kite might be shown the door. He's gone backwards this year and the only thing that will save him is if we plan to move Otten into the midfield next season and require another tall backman as insurance.
Jacky is NO chance to be delisted. We just signed him up for 2 years.

And Ticktak, the rookie list upgrades are now counting as if you spend a draft pick. So in other words, we can upgrade Martin, delist 3 players and pick up 2 players in the ND.

Previously, the promotions didn't count as picks and you had to make a minimum of 3 picks. Now you can make just 2 picks if you upgrade one of your rookies.

Jacky might be delisted.

Jacky's apparently signed on for two more years.

Oh and for what its worth, I highly doubt Aaron Kite will be around next year unfortunately. I like him though, think he's got good potential. He could possibly find himself at a Vic club though...

Jacky's apparently signed on for two more years.

Oh and for what its worth, I highly doubt Aaron Kite will be around next year unfortunately. I like him though, think he's got good potential. He could possibly find himself at a Vic club though...

You heard something? Come on CG, unload the gossip..

IMO

Shirley, Gill and Gallman all gone and Kite is border line

the club will do their best to find themnew homes if possible

And Ticktak, the rookie list upgrades are now counting as if you spend a draft pick. So in other words, we can upgrade Martin, delist 3 players and pick up 2 players in the ND.

Previously, the promotions didn't count as picks and you had to make a minimum of 3 picks. Now you can make just 2 picks if you upgrade one of your rookies.
I didnt know that, and I like that change :thumbsu:

fwiw. Gill will be delisted
and ill take a punt on Kite and one of Shirley and Gallman to be delisted.

BUT if Gallman gets delisted, I wouldnt be suprised if we re-drafted him though, and are only cutting him because we HAVE to cut someone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or do we only have draft 2 players?

As Stiffy said.

However, I think we might still be aiming to take 3 picks into the ND, which would mean finding four to delist.

Gallman and Gill would be certainties for mine, both have bodies that seem to struggle to cope with the demands of the AFL training load and neither really have the potential to be much more than average AFL footballers.

Beyond that Shirley and Kite would be the next cabs off the rank, however, this will depend on what happens in trade week. If, as expected, we don't play much of a part, then both will likely lose their spots, however, if we say trade one or two players out, eg Griff decides to go elsewhere or something, then they may get lucky. A bit harsh on Kite I think, as I think he has something, but thats the nature of the game unfortunately.

Is Doughty out of contract atm or do we have him signed up for next season?

Got another year.

I didnt know that, and I like that change :thumbsu:

fwiw. Gill will be delisted
and ill take a punt on Kite and one of Shirley and Gallman to be delisted.

BUT if Gallman gets delisted, I wouldnt be suprised if we re-drafted him though, and are only cutting him because we HAVE to cut someone

I'm not so convinced that the crows wold only cutting Gallman because there is no one else to cut

who ever gets cut will not get redrafted back ontothe senior list

Yes Gallman has had injuries however like Hinge couple of years ago his time is up

Shirley is gone, he would have been offered a new contract by now IMO. Surely he would have been signed with Macca, Goody and co. The fact that he hasnt signed a new contract I think speaks for itself.

Gallman, Gill and Shirley are all gone IMO.

Kite will be the next to go.

I would imagine we would delist at least 6 because of Martin's elevation. Most teams have at least 5 picks in the draft. As no-one is retiring it will mean more players have to be cut.

Shirley is gone, he would have been offered a new contract by now IMO. Surely he would have been signed with Macca, Goody and co. The fact that he hasnt signed a new contract I think speaks for itself.

Kite might be lucky enough to get another deal, but I think the other three are gone.

he is contracted for next year already mr positive

he is contracted for next year already mr positive

No he's not, there were stories of that being the case on this board earlier in the season, but there was an article and interview in the tiser a couple of months ago where Shirley said that this year was the final year of his contract and he had been given no assurances about next year.

What with the Mr Positive rubbish??? At the end of the day I dont believe building a side around 5-6 30+ players will lead us to a flag and instead believe that 2012 will be our time and we should be focussing on that instead.

Kite will be the next to go.

I would imagine we would delist at least 6 because of Martin's elevation. Most teams have at least 5 picks in the draft. As no-one is retiring it will mean more players have to be cut.

Actually think it will only be the minimum 3. If the draft is as "thin" as they say coupled with the Crows saying they will not be big players in the draft, why would they make 5 - 6 changes?

I agree with Crow-mo Gallman, Gill and Kite, the only change to that would be Shirley for Kite.

Actually think it will only be the minimum 3. If the draft is as "thin" as they say coupled with the Crows saying they will not be big players in the draft, why would they make 5 - 6 changes?

I agree with Crow-mo Gallman, Gill and Kite, the only change to that would be Shirley for Kite.

So what you are saying is that we have already upgraded Martin, getting rid of three players will leave us with 2 draft picks, never going to happen.

2005 was about the only year that we passed on a draft pick in the fourth round. Before you get excited the only reason we passed in the fourth round was because of the pick that we gained for Watts which gave us 2 first round selections so we had already drafted four players prior to the fourth round pick.

History shows that all clubs always participate in the first four rounds of the draft and I would expect us to do this as well (even the 2003 draft which is supposed to be the worst draft class in history we participated in the first four rounds). Due to there being no retirements this will mean the required delisting of five players.

I would be shocked if we only drafted 3 players or less in the draft. History shows that clubs do not do this and I dont expect us to either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delistings - the unlucky 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back