Remove this Banner Ad

Who are the winners this week?

Hallam def. Moorabbin
Lyndale def. Sandown
Ehills def. Lyndhurst
Doveton def. CPL
Mount def. Ashwood
South Yarra def. Dandenong

I've heard on very good authority that the SFNL are up to their dirty underhand 'gifts' to the NKOTB.

Not only are the Lightning receiving no league fees for their three Netball teams - considering Netball costs have increased to around $700 per team which is extremely unfair, a certain ex-league current club executive member has suggested that they have been 'given' exclusive rights to the catering for the interleague match/matches.

I have no allegiance to any div 3 club so the catering rights and its profits makes no difference to me, but if my club owed the league money or was in struggle street, I'd certainly be asking questions of Canizzo and his cronies......but the no Netball costs are disgusting and I suggest my club would hope ask for the same deal, especially given that not all clubs have Netball and we have more than 2.

The deals that the league gave Keysborough and Port Colts to join the league were very lucrative or so I'm led to believe, so what the Lightning were given would be of note, given they are a new start-up.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard on very good authority that the SFNL are up to their dirty underhand 'gifts' to the NKOTB.

Not only are the Lightning receiving no league fees for their three Netball teams - considering Netball costs have increased to around $700 per team which is extremely unfair, a certain ex-league current club executive member has suggested that they have been 'given' exclusive rights to the catering for the interleague match/matches.

I have no allegiance to any div 3 club so the catering rights and its profits makes no difference to me, but if my club owed the league money or was in struggle street, I'd certainly be asking questions of Canizzo and his cronies......but the no Netball costs are disgusting and I suggest my club would hope ask for the same deal, especially given that not all clubs have Netball and we have more than 2.

The deals that the league gave Keysborough and Port Colts to join the league were very lucrative or so I'm led to believe, so what the Lightning were given would be of note, given they are a new start-up.....

Irrelevant bud. What the league is doing is trying to expand the league and let it grow.
It doesn't matter what they offer new clubs they still need to get themselves organised.

Irrelevant bud. What the league is doing is trying to expand the league and let it grow.
It doesn't matter what they offer new clubs they still need to get themselves organised.
It does matter. The league has allowed a new club to start right in the backyard of a bunch of existing clubs that are struggling and getting no assistance. The least that should be expected is a level playing field

When I read "I have heard.." And "..suggested" then I doubt the information is factual.

Port Colts........can anyone stop them???

I had a chat with an ex league but current club executive committee member today and he has suggested that the league has given Division 3 newbies Lyndhurst Lightning the sole catering deal for the interleague matches in addition to free league fees for their 3 Netball sides......what did Port Colts get? Don't say nothing because it's what Canizzo does as he did with Keysborough and is chasing South Melbourne districts to come across, apparently they were a former club of the SFL about 15 years ago?

So you are obviously entrenched at Port Colts and disappointed that LL have stronger negotiating skills than your committee so you need to sook it up. Instead of posting innuendo about another club why not table on here the incentives the league gave your club in coming across? maybe ask the ex league current club executive (don't have to be Einstein to work that one out) the deal and get back to us possum. One hopes South Melbourne does come back one day as league needs the spread.

It does matter. The league has allowed a new club to start right in the backyard of a bunch of existing clubs that are struggling and getting no assistance. The least that should be expected is a level playing field
Maybe your club shouldnt pay blokes if you struggling financially.
And dont give us the old we pay no one cos i no for a fact you do

I reckon all the other teams should not play this week and come watch us vs doveton.

Its going to be a little snippet of what you'll see in the grand final.

Doveton will try their best but the mount boys will finish on top and prove all you haters wrong once and for all.

Maybe your club shouldnt pay blokes if you struggling financially.
And dont give us the old we pay no one cos i no for a fact you do
I wasn't talking about my club in particular and I wasn't talking about finances alone.

Div 3 is largely made up of clubs in a small area of the south east corridor. An area already overcrowded with senior clubs.Most of these clubs are in mature suburbs where junior footy numbers are declining rapidly. Clubs have been encouraged to form relationships with junior clubs, particularly in new estate areas. What is the league doing to help div 3 clubs in that region develop and climb into div 2? Nothing. Instead it's adding more strain to an already thin talent pool.

I'd like to see the league put out its 5 year strategy so we can see its goals. At the moment it seems there's very little thought going into It other than believing that more clubs make a stronger league, which is not the case

Last edited:
I reckon all the other teams should not play this week and come watch us vs doveton.

Its going to be a little snippet of what you'll see in the grand final.

Doveton will try their best but the mount boys will finish on top and prove all you haters wrong once and for all.

Everyone please ignore this muppet.
He is not from Mount.

Mount Might make the grand final but going on there recent form in granny's have no ****ing chance whoever they play

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back