Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why certain posts were deleted, but from all reports it was a tough,fair and close battle all day. I know Gough and i would hope he wouldnt have made those comments because he was one of the first to facebook me get well wishes. What jarrod and i went through was no laughing matter. We both played the ball and were blindsided by complete thuggery.

One week on and im still lying in a hospital bed with a neckbrace. Ill attach a photo i just took (@ 11pm). Because to be completely honest their is nothing id rather do then spend saturday night in a hospital bed in a neckbrace waiting (for upto a year) to return back to a somewhat normal state and writing on bigfooty.
This time last week i was being transfered to the alfed getting scans to see if id be stuck in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
Ive already lost 5kg and havent been able to goto the toilet since the cowardly act.

Boys, play tough, play fair but play the ball.
Umpires, when 3 players warn you about player antics and players going the man, take note and take control because yoh have a duty of care.

I look forward to an exciting final series and hopefully be out of hospital to see some tough, fair LOCAL football.

Turbo

All the best champ. Hopefully things keep improving for the best. Keep us updated whenever u can.

This is not true. The two incidents happened in play, the player that broke his jaw had it happen in the field of play not behind play and there was nothing dirty or anything about it, it was pure accident. Again with the player who got taken to hospital, he copped a bump in the head from a cpl players hip, pure accident again nothing sinister about it at all. And the cpl president, staff, supporters and players were nothing but supportive of him and his needs to get the best medical treatment and help at the time of the incident. The cpl players and supporters were saddened and shocked at the incident, and there wasnt a bad word said at 3 qtr time or anytime afterwards, No one likes to see that happen to anyone, especially in local footy and it truely is devastating.
I dropped the mark. I paddled the ball forward to keep it in front. I had my head over it and the player ran past the ball and intentionally took me out with his hip connecting my head.
I had my head over it playing the ball and he went the head.
Moments before I told the umpire to take control and cpl players were hitting high and late and that number 17 was hitting blokes behind play. Ive been playing in the SFL for 10 years and ive never seen a side as hellbent on hitting the man as i did that day.

I dropped the mark. I paddled the ball forward to keep it in front. I had my head over it and the player ran past the ball and intentionally took me out with his hip connecting my head.
I had my head over it playing the ball and he went the head.
Moments before I told the umpire to take control and cpl players were hitting high and late and that number 17 was hitting blokes behind play. Ive been playing in the SFL for 10 years and ive never seen a side as hellbent on hitting the man as i did that day.

I guess they were jealous from a talented footballer. The cpl boys probably wish they had half your skills mate. Wishing you a quick recovery mate.

This Turbo injury was an incident waiting to happen in the SFL, especially in Div 3.

The SFL don't look past the Moorabbin Re-furbishment and new clubs.

This injury made the paper last week and the umpire nearly reported the poor guy. Years ago they had the Parkmore joke. Then they had the Barry Giddens/Doveton saga, then they the grand final debacle, then the Southern Dragons folded and by all accounts Dandenong are stuffed, Sandown aren't much better and luckily Moorabbin have some money in the bank as they are paying $500 plus to get players to play, train and attend functions.

On top of previous mentions, there's no ex AFL players are in the league and they play Div 1 finals at Springvale and interleague at Lyndhurst FFS.

While Cannizzo can enjoy his USA and have a conflict of interest in helping his brothers club and Adam Sparrows ex club - Heatherton then offer new clubs no fees (Lyndhurst and Keysborough) unsure on Port Colts, the league will be the laughing stock of Melbourne metro football and especially Div 3

This Turbo injury was an incident waiting to happen in the SFL, especially in Div 3.

The SFL don't look past the Moorabbin Re-furbishment and new clubs.

This injury made the paper last week and the umpire nearly reported the poor guy. Years ago they had the Parkmore joke. Then they had the Barry Giddens/Doveton saga, then they the grand final debacle, then the Southern Dragons folded and by all accounts Dandenong are stuffed, Sandown aren't much better and luckily Moorabbin have some money in the bank as they are paying $500 plus to get players to play, train and attend functions.

On top of previous mentions, there's no ex AFL players are in the league and they play Div 1 finals at Springvale and interleague at Lyndhurst FFS.

While Cannizzo can enjoy his USA and have a conflict of interest in helping his brothers club and Adam Sparrows ex club - Heatherton then offer new clubs no fees (Lyndhurst and Keysborough) unsure on Port Colts, the league will be the laughing stock of Melbourne metro football and especially Div 3
Aaron Henneman & Paul Dimattina are 2 that spring to mind

Aaron Henneman & Paul Dimattina are 2 that spring to mind
Who? Isn't Dimmatina that the bloke that got done for punching that Pub owner in Tassie last year??

There are some clubs in the Essendon league that have 2-3 players, not 2 across a league. When did Henneman get the arse? Was in this decade or last? I'll give you him as a league player though but I was sort of suggesting guys who have come straight of the league ie Kyle Martin Noble Park

Congratulations to all involved at Sandown for their win today at Moorabbin who have gone backwards at a 100 mile an hour. Where is Hallam at, a crushing loss to Yarra and well done on them in getting into the 5 . Hallam have Dandy and Sandown next two so finals still ok but they have dropped off somewhat. doveton have proven they will be matching Mount in the finals. They have a lot of experienced players for the pointy end of the season so a close encounter awaits. Final games very close for final spots.
Bouncy, I think you can write your side Lyndale off.

Who? Isn't Dimmatina that the bloke that got done for punching that Pub owner in Tassie last year??

There are some clubs in the Essendon league that have 2-3 players, not 2 across a league. When did Henneman get the arse? Was in this decade or last? I'll give you him as a league player though but I was sort of suggesting guys who have come straight of the league ie Kyle Martin Noble Park

Sorry you didn't stipulate any guidelines on what constituted (in your mind) an ex AFL player. Thought 1+ game would've covered it.

FWIW the money isn't in the SFNL to attract players like Kyle Martin to the league straight off an AFL list

We did just have Ricky Nixon & Lazar Vidovic play in our Thirds the previous week. Does that count?

Take one line out of post and run with it.

Typifies SFNL......Don't worry about the big picture! Only metro comp outside the top 10.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 11
Bouncy, I think you can write your side Lyndale off.
Bouncebum get my name right it is Gary SEVEN stop calling me Stevens,it must be lonely you and a handfull of players at Dandy tonight.
"Quiet num skull I am broadcasting"

Greg you are either confusing my fans or you have no idea, I think the later is correct. Lyndale are out of it, have CPL however 2 hard last games.

Before analysing yours and your troll mates Hillbillies, if anyone wants a laugh have a look at the video on SFNL homepage of EH v Ashwood, wow have some of those EH boys been in a good winters paddock.

Now, the 4th and 5th spots will be out of EH, Yarra and Hallam ( if EH hadn't lost those 2 at home they would be safe). Greg, I Realise you were a high achiever in Drama and Home Economics at EH tech, but I'm sure even your maths teacher would have explained 3 doesn't go into 2. This is a tighter squeeze than a EH forward getting into his jumper.

All three teams have easy opponents this week however quite whisper is Moorabbin will be very physical this week and fired up.

Last two rounds EH plays....you guessed it both Yarra at Yarra ( Yarra will win this convincingly ) and Hallam at EH' so my prediction is that your side Greg will need to beat Hallam in last game to secure a finals spot.

If your EH get over them I don't think you will get past first week but after all the hype about playing and promises in playing finals this year then good luck

All the best Greg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

S

steve gartner and Daniel farmer both this decade. And both play at dingley. There's 2 for you pal

I caught the Doveton/amount game on Saturday, the Eagles really took it to them in the first half and were well on top. Mounts mid too strong in the second though. Dovetons backs generally did a very good job repelling mounts Fwds.
It was clear Doveton were trying to intimidate MW from the start with physicality. #9 punched Wilkin and #72 in the first five mins of the game, it worked at first but they just slowed down in the second.
Hoping to see them go at it again in finals.

Great to see a lot of the Mount boys getting behind him on this (me included).
The overwhelming response has literally bought me too tears.
Mount Waverley players and members have been fantastic and very generous. I just recieved a text from wilkin which one of the most moving things i have ever been sent.
I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.
There is a lot of banter and talk on here and most of it is just fun, but when something like this comes up its great too see everyone support and band together. It makes me very proud to be human and apart of this community.
Rehab started yesterday and although its been very painful its great seeing progress even if it is only minor.
Thanks boys, love you all.

I'm on a sports tipping forum where blokes are dropping crazy stuff like $1k on eddie betts first goal etc. I dropped the link in there and some guy donated $500 straight away lol. Makes my donation look like crap, but every cent counts I guess. Everyone here should be able to give something, cos realistically it could have been any one of us and we'd love the same in return.

Allot of people all over sfl donating

Over 100 people have shown their support. Have a look at the donators - across all clubs including players and coaches - great effort!

Coutts / Cannizzo - any chance the SFNL could put something in? Maybe have to cut into your next OS budget and pump some $ in.

End of day, the league has failed to show ANY support to a classy and well respected SFNL player/person either through investigation of the incident (although Im sure Turbo and his legal beagles will be looking at the civil side of things so perpetrator maybe dealt in a higher court) and/or support of the victim.

Im hoping and fairly confident alot of member clubs are looking at HO response to this matter

About time the SFNL operations and board starts to show some type of support BACK to its member clubs and players.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back