Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure about ours (SY)

Jordy was a slow starter but his 2nd half has been ridiculous, Zac Maher went overseas for a month, Eamon our ruckman will go close...Jordy has won by a mile the past few yrs so a close one might be on the cards this yr, and with a Sunday vote count (I hear) could be a most entertaining day

How did Mitch pull up looked very sore Saturday knee or something massive loss if he isn't apart of finals
He should be alright always cops a fair bit each week puts his body on the Line allot and gets allot of attention being a smaller bloke but think he just copped a knee to the thigh or something not a long term injury from what I know

Big round of footy where pretenders are sorted from the contenders

Lyndale v Mount : mount should win no problems, however with a feral home crowd and finals on the line I'm expecting a very physical encounter. mount by 8 goals. Contender to win

Hallam v Sandown: Hallam must win, simple as that. First qtr will tell as they start crap each week . Contender to win

Lyndhurst v Ashwood. Ashwood are 10 goals off mount and Doveton so with that in mind they may switch off against Lightening at their home ground. Lightening have had a very respectful year and will no doubt have a big crack a Ashwood. lightening to win

Doveton v Dandenong : started with D and ends in N to win

Moorabbin v CPL: it's a sad state of affairs when I have to state the obvious and send a message to SFNL: ensure you have your best 3 umpires at this game who will take control of the game at all times. This game could end in a bloodbath. I'm not picking a team as a winner here as I hope Football is the winner and all players play with right spirit. , however the spirit pumped into the Moorabbin supporters next to their scoreboard will ignite the way this game will be played. If you live in the area do not take your kids to watch as 1) the syringes 2) they will walk away from football

Yarra v EH. Game of the round. Sth dominate the ground especially North wing and kill it going into club rooms. EH have been spruiking themselves for 18 months on their improvement and deadset to play finals. If they lose Saturday they will find it hard to stay in 5 at end of year. I'm going for EH as they have so much to lose if they do not win.

Anything happen at CPL Moorabbin?

Hallam coach insisted before the game we need percentage and percentage they delivered. It is unbelievable that EH who had better percentage than south and Hallam before the round finds themselves out of the 5 and behind on percentage

As stated 3 weeks ago it's all about the final round between Hallam and Eh. Also as stated, the 2 home loses by EH stuffed them up and if they beat Hallam next week, well done but I think they will rue the opportunity. Speaking with a couple of their players a few weeks ago it sounded as though they were getting ahead of themselves saying they would be playing finals. Obviously after today's result they didn't want to play finals. I could hear muscats spray from where I was playing

End of day Mount v Doveton GF and rest takiing up space.

Last edited:
How about this team of the year:

B: Maraucher (CPL) - M.Jeffries (MW) - Thirks (MW)
HB: O'Neil (DOV) - Maginess(ASH) - Hostalek (MOOR)
C: Rainey (LYND) - Keem (MW) - Smith (MW)
HF: Wilson (DOV) - Galle (MW) - Reid (DOV)
F: Kumatitis (LYN) - Gough (MW) - Morrison (EH)

FOL: Wilkin (MW) - LeGrand (EH) - Saunders (ASH)

BE: Cellini (SY) - D'Atri (SAN) - Chapman (ASH) - Peresso (HAL)

Sorry but this makes me laugh at some of the inclusions that are from bottom 3 sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only bloke that isn't part of the top 7 teams I would put in is j. Williams Moorabbin
Surely ward Hallam and hanney south Yarra get in aswell

good starting point tho

good starting point tho
Agreed.
Look im probably still a little bit of my face from the meds (i just took my nightly dose)... but are you just putting blokes (from the bottom sides) in based on times in the best? I reakon the best players from those sides would struggle to make the seniors at Mount or Doveton. Just my 2cents.

PS
Anyone heard anything about the investigation... seems to have gone real quiet.

Maraucher!, you are kidding..as stated let's not throw them in so all clubs represented. CPL would not have a player in top 50 atm.

Cellini starts on the field, Tom MacDonald from SY is hands down the best CHB in the competition. How Morrison and Legrand are in that team before Hoe from EH has me stuffed, Hoe will go close to League medal. DÁtri is not in the team of the year he might have battled away for Sandown but come on. Also sorry but Maraucher no thanks.

Cellini starts on the field, Tom MacDonald from SY is hands down the best CHB in the competition. How Morrison and Legrand are in that team before Hoe from EH has me stuffed, Hoe will go close to League medal. DÁtri is not in the team of the year he might have battled away for Sandown but come on. Also sorry but Maraucher no thanks.
^^^^ 100% agree

Appreciate the discussion. I can only go by on how they performed against us.
Legrand was good against us. Can concur that I was lenient on Maraucher to get in..
If I could name Jarrod twice I would have him in the Ruck and at CHB. He's the best CHB in the league. Also the best Ruck.
Tom MacDonald may be a good player. He wasn't against us. Still our closest game for the year was against SY,
mainly due to the combination of their good midfield and forwards and the pressure they put on our midfield which caused poor delivery into our forward line.
Still, MacDonald couldn't contain either our CHF that day in Luke Galle (3 goals) or Joffa (2 goals) in a game where the margin was only 10 pts.

But by all means, everyone feel free to put up their team of the year.

Last edited:
Appreciate the discussion. I can only go by on how they performed against us.
Legrand was good against us. Can concur that I was lenient on Maraucher to get in..
If I could name Jarrod twice I would have him in the Ruck and at CHB. He's the best CHB in the league. Also the best Ruck.
Tom MacDonald may be a good player. He wasn't against us. Still our closest game for the year was against SY,
mainly due to the combination of their good midfield and forwards and the pressure they put on our midfield which caused poor delivery into our forward line.
Still, MacDonald couldn't contain either our CHF that day in Luke Galle (3 goals) or Joffa (2 goals) in a game where the margin was only 10 pts.

But by all means, everyone feel free to put up their team of the year.
Matt fristad surely is one of the best defenders in the comp. By far the best shutdown player in div 3.

My top 22 - you can throw them around
Smith (MW)
Read (Dov)
Wilkin(MW)
Gough(MW)
Cellini (SY)
Keem(MW)
Peresse (Hallam)
Hidgcock (Dov)
Johnson (Dov)
Saunders (ash)
Hoe (EH)
Galle (MW)
Wilson (Dov)
Sigeti (Hallam)
Finlayson (SY)
Bruce (EH)
Tosh (Lyn)
Gardiner (Lyndhurst)
Salama (Ash)
Cincotta (MW)
Brady (SY)
Chapman (Ash)

Coach: Stegelios (South Yarra)

Done a fantastic job with this club - kept players and has really made them a competitive unit capable of winning a game or two in finals. Gone from 8 wins to potential 12 in first year and finals beckons which eluded the silverback over last couple of years . Club must retain him for 2017 and players as they have easily gone past EH as the next major contender.

Pretty good effort I think MPB. Sigeti from Hallam in for me. How many has Carroll (Ashwood) played?

Anyone want to have a go at who they think will take the league b & f?

Will the mount boys pinch too many off each other?
Carroll?
Rainey?
Wilson?

Pretty good effort I think MPB. Sigeti from Hallam in for me. How many has Carroll (Ashwood) played?

Anyone want to have a go at who they think will take the league b & f?

Will the mount boys pinch too many off each other?
Carroll?
Rainey?
Wilson?

Gough
Smith
Rainey
Ward
Wilson
Top 5 for me

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad