Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprise result on the weekend.

Will mount get straight in? Ashwood appear to have improved a lot since the last time those 2 played so could be a close one.
Surely Doveton won't let the second chance slip.
Any word on if the games will be at heatherton? Wouldn't mind heading along for a look

I think heatherton is out for this week.
Maybe Keysie?

Keysie would be a great option for finals.

Ground is in good condition with the centre wicket holding up well.

Hearing rumours Cheltenhams ground isn't holding up too well for Div 2 finals- I wonder if the league will move games away from it.....

Two days maybe. If it's seriously unplayable after just a couple of days rain then it really does make a mockery of the bidding procees the league has for finals venues. If ground surface quality is such an important criteria then the league needs to wait until say 4 weeks before the finals to be in a better position to assess whether the venues are in a suitable condition.

Who honestly cares about the grounds.
What's peoples actual thoughts on the games from the weekend ? Who performed well for all teams, who didn't?
Doveton obviously been smashed with Injuries compared to most sides, Hallam missing Neave, Yarras without Finlayson, Rogers and Stegihus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So because the ground is wet and muddy footy cant be played on it? Please spare me its a winter sport
That doesn't matter at all.... The game should be played in the best conditions possible.... No ones saying if it rains call the game off... Just play it at a venue that can handle the conditions...

Who honestly cares about the grounds.
What's peoples actual thoughts on the games from the weekend ? Who performed well for all teams, who didn't?
Doveton obviously been smashed with Injuries compared to most sides, Hallam missing Neave, Yarras without Finlayson, Rogers and Stegihus.
Couldn't agree more mate.
Saunders very good for Ashwood and Carroll and Weinberg both good. Few injuries to the Eagles but they will surely get the W this weekend.
Anyone know how MW are travelling for injuries? It looked to me like most of their prime movers played against Morrabin.
I think Ashwood may give them a shake this weekend though, finals are a whole different ball game.

Couldn't agree more mate.
Saunders very good for Ashwood and Carroll and Weinberg both good. Few injuries to the Eagles but they will surely get the W this weekend.
Anyone know how MW are travelling for injuries? It looked to me like most of their prime movers played against Morrabin.
I think Ashwood may give them a shake this weekend though, finals are a whole different ball game.
3 players to come back this week too hopefully... Need to come out firing though

Uve already ridden yourselves off so what's it matter where u play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well I'm not gunna sit here and say we're going to beat mount Waverley this weekend... Not impossible but not all that likely... If u were playing them this weekend would you think you were going to win?

Mount vs Ashwood

Ashwood produced a strong 2nd half against a seemingly injury depleted side last week - 4 blokes on ice late in the game will open it up for any team and although he has been a great servant to the league unfortunately Wineberg only gets hot when the 'ice' has been broken. Ashwood's win may look good however just remember 1) last time these two sides meet a few weeks ago it was a 18 goal smashing with Ashwood kicking 4.4 2) Wineberg has not kicked a goal against Mount all year meaning Mounts backs have him easily covered and Ashwoods forwards especially their smalls must kick their goals. Tempting to get Winberg up the ground, however if done early will surely cook him late. I would start him on the bench and pinch hit him forward and in ruck. Demand more from the small forwards to see if they can kick goals in an open area and lock it in. Ashwoods game style is very old school and easily countered with extra mid in the centre square to allow corridor options without pressure. On flip side whilst they have this pressure then mounts mids will rotate hard and play 4 qtrs of hard inside footy allowing mount to kick away mid 2nd term I reckon.

Mount by 10-14 goals

Doveton v Hallam

Both sides have extradinary goal kicking depth from HB to Fwd line so the side that not only generates tun off half back but are prepared to challenge themselves and kick goals from half forward will come out on top. The only time these teams met it was only 5 points at 3/4 time so both evenly matched. Hallam have come home strong whilst Doveton have been rock solid all year. Will Dovetons injuries come up from last week? if not will their inclusions be match fit?. Doveton in my mind are a 4-5 goal better side than Hallam if at their best, however there are too many question marks over Doveton and Im reckon Hallams mids will outstripped eagles and their defense knows how to play the percentages very well. Forwards have their 'mojo' rotation motion around CHF which has stuffed a few and I reckon they will strut that area and generate the majority of their scoring options as they are 59/41 atm. there extra number always finds it moving forward past centre line and will be hard to stop.

Hallam by 4-6 goals

Mount vs Ashwood

Ashwood produced a strong 2nd half against a seemingly injury depleted side last week - 4 blokes on ice late in the game will open it up for any team and although he has been a great servant to the league unfortunately Wineberg only gets hot when the 'ice' has been broken. Ashwood's win may look good however just remember 1) last time these two sides meet a few weeks ago it was a 18 goal smashing with Ashwood kicking 4.4 2) Wineberg has not kicked a goal against Mount all year meaning Mounts backs have him easily covered and Ashwoods forwards especially their smalls must kick their goals. Tempting to get Winberg up the ground, however if done early will surely cook him late. I would start him on the bench and pinch hit him forward and in ruck. Demand more from the small forwards to see if they can kick goals in an open area and lock it in. Ashwoods game style is very old school and easily countered with extra mid in the centre square to allow corridor options without pressure. On flip side whilst they have this pressure then mounts mids will rotate hard and play 4 qtrs of hard inside footy allowing mount to kick away mid 2nd term I reckon.

Mount by 10-14 goals

Doveton v Hallam

Both sides have extradinary goal kicking depth from HB to Fwd line so the side that not only generates tun off half back but are prepared to challenge themselves and kick goals from half forward will come out on top. The only time these teams met it was only 5 points at 3/4 time so both evenly matched. Hallam have come home strong whilst Doveton have been rock solid all year. Will Dovetons injuries come up from last week? if not will their inclusions be match fit?. Doveton in my mind are a 4-5 goal better side than Hallam if at their best, however there are too many question marks over Doveton and Im reckon Hallams mids will outstripped eagles and their defense knows how to play the percentages very well. Forwards have their 'mojo' rotation motion around CHF which has stuffed a few and I reckon they will strut that area and generate the majority of their scoring options as they are 59/41 atm. there extra number always finds it moving forward past centre line and will be hard to stop.

Hallam by 4-6 goals
Winebergs not our only player you know ey?
Well broken down though mr football you really know everything about everything

Two days maybe. If it's seriously unplayable after just a couple of days rain then it really does make a mockery of the bidding procees the league has for finals venues. If ground surface quality is such an important criteria then the league needs to wait until say 4 weeks before the finals to be in a better position to assess whether the venues are in a suitable condition.
In fairness to Heatherton FC it is not their fault that some council contractor cut the Agi pipes when laying down a watering system. It went un-noticed the last couple of years because the weather was better. It was hardly their fault last year either when two sides and their supporters wanted to punch on at half time and the GF was abandoned. Don't forget Heatherton had to tender and pay for the privelege of holding the finals. They also have had to plan and prepare for these events. I reckon they deserve a bit of luck now.

In fairness to Heatherton FC it is not their fault that some council contractor cut the Agi pipes when laying down a watering system. It went un-noticed the last couple of years because the weather was better. It was hardly their fault last year either when two sides and their supporters wanted to punch on at half time and the GF was abandoned. Don't forget Heatherton had to tender and pay for the privelege of holding the finals. They also have had to plan and prepare for these events. I reckon they deserve a bit of luck now.
you don't pay till after the finals are done.
Other clubs with better facilities and surfaces also tendered yet the league chose one of the worst grounds in the league to host. It's no surprise that the surface is in poor condition. It's been terrible at this time every season.
Their bid was not the highest either.
It was the wrong decision by head office in the first place

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Div 3 Southern football league 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back