Division 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We were recording the game ourselves and there was another one from the VAFA .
good following of supporters from Parkside as well , very vocal lol and did enjoy our rooms
It wasn't the VAFA , it was Payran filming , Parkside said they have been doing it all year , they were doing it at UHS when we played . Also there was drone over the ground for a long time . Nice to have the money !

Parkside are really good, nearly all of them ex juniors, i expect them to be in the premier grades in the next 3-5 years.

Reckon you could get them in finals when the whips are cracking bedders? On a bigger ground perhaps

Double edged sword with getting umpires, yes you don't have to find volunteers but then you are stung more to pay the official ones. Also you are stung for the recording of the game when they come for "match of the round". Very good at issuing costs to clubs

West brunswick unfortunately looking at the drop with OY. Therry look like they will survive for now. For the life of me I don't know how old penisula and therry get reserves up for away games - both miles away from the nearest opponent - their VAFA futures might be in doubt if their numbers keep dropping

OY and WB will be a lot more competitive in D2. Unfortunately for the south siders, brunswick nobs look to be coming back up.
Therry will be okay. We are having a rough patch with injuries and recent mass exodus which has resulted in us losing our Thirds. 21 under 19s to come up next year.
Parkside are really good, nearly all of them ex juniors, i expect them to be in the premier grades in the next 3-5 years.

Reckon you could get them in finals when the whips are cracking bedders? On a bigger ground perhaps

Double edged sword with getting umpires, yes you don't have to find volunteers but then you are stung more to pay the official ones. Also you are stung for the recording of the game when they come for "match of the round". Very good at issuing costs to clubs

West brunswick unfortunately looking at the drop with OY. Therry look like they will survive for now. For the life of me I don't know how old penisula and therry get reserves up for away games - both miles away from the nearest opponent - their VAFA futures might be in doubt if their numbers keep dropping

OY and WB will be a lot more competitive in D2. Unfortunately for the south siders, brunswick nobs look to be coming back up.
Therry are going through a rough patch on the back of injuries and mass exodus of players to paid leagues. We have about 10 clubs within a 3km radius. We will bounce back next year with 15+ u19s to come up.

Therry will be okay. We are having a rough patch with injuries and recent mass exodus which has resulted in us losing our Thirds. 21 under 19s to come up next year.

Therry are going through a rough patch on the back of injuries and mass exodus of players to paid leagues. We have about 10 clubs within a 3km radius. We will bounce back next year with 15+ u19s to come up.
Would be very tough, good news regarding the u19s, shame PEGS have gone up, would be a decent local rivalry!

Can anyone from PAYRAN confirm a concussion today for James Musster? Would miss the first final if the club follow the rules. Wouldn’t be the first time they don’t though. Would love to see their books
Well what would you know DJ.

James Musster not named. Payran at it again

It wasn't the VAFA , it was Payran filming , Parkside said they have been doing it all year , they were doing it at UHS when we played . Also there was drone over the ground for a long time . Nice to have the money !

Bedders were Ormond resting a few yesterday or have injuries hit . Seems to be a lot of different names !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Anyone see their post on social media? Trying to brand as a professional club by the looks, advertising paid positions etc

Im tipping they are banking on a return to prem C

Only thing that stands out is the age profile of the players in the ad. Their senior squad is fairly experienced with a few over 30s, a few retirements on the cards should they return to C and they're looking to ideally replace them with U23s.
Pretty hard to see them missing the GF to be fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Prahran is the first team up to Premier C for 2025. Congratulations to the Double Blues.

Confirmation that Oakleigh and Monash drop back into Div 1, and Elsternwick up by a kick at 3/4 time in Division 2.

Looks like Prahran is the first team up to Premier C for 2025. Congratulations to the Double Blues.

Confirmation that Oakleigh and Monash drop back into Div 1, and Elsternwick up by a kick at 3/4 time in Division 2.
Good news for oakleigh, less travel, monash join them, short drive to ormond and wicks not too far away either

Bad luck to my boys ,came hard late , that wind was something else , a few shots at the end just went sideways and then one from right in front went straight. Well done to UHS and hope they go up .
Port Melbourne was an outstanding venue and just a shame the council has pulled the pin for the next 2 weeks.
Payran well deserved spot in C , not much respect between them and Parkside .

Back from 4 months o/s. Were there AB normal umpires at your game bedders??

I was there and as Bedders said it was a terrific venue. The umps were over the top , someone said they had microphones on , no idea why . Thought UHS were good early and by my reckoning they got 4/5 goals from dodgy free kicks . Did Ormond also play a few that were injured ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back from 4 months o/s. Were there AB normal umpires at your game bedders??
I believe so .
One thing that gets me , even at AFL level is ruck frees , both ruckman do the same things , let it go unless it's untoward , i reckon they got about 5 in the middle when they had the win resulting in a couple of goals , one was so bad our ruck was nearly knocked out from the Uni rucks arm and had to be attended by trainers and it paid against . Anyhow a good year with a very young side , good to make finals after so many chased cash

I believe so .
One thing that gets me , even at AFL level is ruck frees , both ruckman do the same things , let it go unless it's untoward , i reckon they got about 5 in the middle when they had the win resulting in a couple of goals , one was so bad our ruck was nearly knocked out from the Uni rucks arm and had to be attended by trainers and it paid against . Anyhow a good year with a very young side , good to make finals after so many chased cash
Just looking at the division - Ormond reserves are still alive ..... Pity you don't acknowledge them [year is not over] as part of the season. You are a different cat!

Just looking at the division - Ormond reserves are still alive ..... Pity you don't acknowledge them [year is not over] as part of the season. You are a different cat!
I was there supporting and will be again next week , as well as the 19s I don't know what your on about as im at every ressies game . It was about the senior team , you are a different ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Division 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back