D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but other teams use the rooms while games are on , we copped a girls team at Preston yesterday so couldn't enter for a quarter .
Its a real shit show there apparently, no coordination at all, players trying to get into the rooms post game and having to wait

The worst thing is that no one gives a heads up , they just turn up.
Geez the VAFA must have their collective stuff together if the big issue to whine about is 2x large change rooms that can be divided into 4x regular size change rooms...

Ventured down to Holmes Todd earlier. Disappointing to see Jones sitting with the coach. They obviously struggled without him, and today was more of the same. Hopefully he'll be fit for finals, otherwise they're pretty uncompetitive. Both teams also without their full forward, but Hawthorn look to have found some flexibility with their usual full back kicking 6. Hawthorn looked a class above all across the field. Was an old-fashioned drubbing.

Interesting results at other grounds. Aquinas may have given themselves another season in D2 with a slightly easier run home than WP. SMS look safe after a pretty impressive result against the inform team.

Ventured down to Holmes Todd earlier. Disappointing to see Jones sitting with the coach. They obviously struggled without him, and today was more of the same. Hopefully he'll be fit for finals, otherwise they're pretty uncompetitive. Both teams also without their full forward, but Hawthorn look to have found some flexibility with their usual full back kicking 6. Hawthorn looked a class above all across the field. Was an old-fashioned drubbing.

Interesting results at other grounds. Aquinas may have given themselves another season in D2 with a slightly easier run home than WP. SMS look safe after a pretty impressive result against the inform team.
Hey, we're still a mathematical chance for finals.

Smd in a close one. Match of the round for Div 2
Mhsob- wicks if jones is playing
Nobs
Bull temp
Hawthorn

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Final ladder prediction

1. Nobs 64- have the hardest run home but have already locked up top spot

2. Wicks 50- have the best run home

3, SMD48- can they beat the nobs again in the last round and take that form into finals?

4. WF 46- To finish 2nd on % if they beat the nobs this week

Hawthorn - massive effort after coming up from division 3

Nobs V WF this week really shapes the final 4

Last edited:
Yeah, Friars the one that can miss. Next fortnight huge for them and Hawthorn. Hoping we can ensure the 4 is virtually locked this Saturday. Hawks have SMS, Friars and Aquinas. Friars have NOBS, Hawks and BT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four locked?

SMD have Aquinas and
Whitefriars have Hawthorn and BT
Elsternwick have BT and WP
Hawthorn have Friars and Aquinas

Yep, they definitely rested a few yesterday.

I’d be resting players too if I was locked into top spot. Give some players a freshen up before finals

I also agree top 4 is set. WF to finish 2nd and really putting together a good season after the loss of wood

Took the dog down to Rathmines and watched the Citz dismantle Whitefrias. The Citz pressure and ball movement was back to its best. IMO Justin Raiti at 38 or 39 (however old he is) is still the best player in the comp and I've always thought his real value wasn't in the forward line.
Only thing that stopped the Citz winning by 10+ goals was their bad kicking.
Brunswick resting half their side might just be the reason the Frias make it.
The way the Citz played on the weekend I think a few teams in the 4 might breath a sigh of relief.
Too little too late I'm afraid for my Citz!

4 of the 5 games have a finals or relegation interest.

SMD can't be smashed. If they keep it relatively tight against Brunswick they won't be passed by the Citz (about a 300 combined margin would be needed)
Bulleen need to win to stay up. Whitefriars need to win to secure 4th. Would be really interesting.
Elsternwick beat WP and it's second. Lose and it could be 4th. WP need to win to stay up.
Hawks need to win and hope Whitefriars lose. Aquinas may not need to win but they'll definitely be safe if they do. Either that or win by 250+ and hope Brunswick win by 10 goals

And of course SMS vs MHSOB is the battle for 6th to take momentum into next year. The three games so far have been 1, 2 and 4 points, nobody having won at home yet. Let's hope that trend continues this week.

Ventured down to Rathmines on Saturday, a disappointing day.

When I first rocked up I went looking for the senior ground only to find out the game was being played on the Auskick sized ground.

Friars have never liked playing on the small grounds and will take comfort in knowing finals are on real grounds.

Unfortunately the 2 losses on the postage stamps will cost them a top 2 and the double chance.

Interesting results on the weekend.

Brunswick vs MHSOB - Looks like MHSOB gave the NOBS a big fright, unsure if they had rested players, but they look pretty much back to full strength. They'll hope to pump Bulleen to get their mojo back.

Wicks vs BT - Wicks just too strong, they look like they are getting their stuff together, back to 2nd and looking like a premiership fancy along with the NOBS. Hopefully D4 Eastern will help BT get back together, they are a proud club.

Hawks vs Friars - Raiti is a gun, but not the best player in the comp. Hogenbirk/Hankin will take that mantle. However he did himself no harm by single handedly cleaning up the friars in the last quarter. WF will be lucky that Hawthorn probably cant qualify, but boy are they good. In saying that it was a very close match up till the last, WF will need to bounce back to get back the momentum they lost against the citz.

SMD vs Aquinas - SMD with a nice big win over Aquinas, they are still a great team, just not sure how the will perform against others in finals, especially on bigger grounds and aged legs.

SMS vs WP - We were never in it tbh, SMS are a good team when they are on, but boy were we off. We've are stumbling to the finish line, a great starting spot coming into D2, but will need a big preseason, especially if the rumors' are true and the marmalade boys are heading off.

Tips for this week -
Brunswick
MHSOB
Friars
Wicks
Hawks

When I first rocked up I went looking for the senior ground only to find out the game was being played on the Auskick sized ground.

Friars have never liked playing on the small grounds and will take comfort in knowing finals are on real grounds.

Unfortunately the 2 losses on the postage stamps will cost them a top 2 and the double chance.
I 100% agree with you on rathmines size, peanut sized ground, but the rest of it is coming across as being a bit of sore loser to be fair, the rest of the comp has had to go there not just WF. the great sides win anywhere.

However in saying that citz will be disadvantaged come finals time when there is a ton more space than what they are used to.

"Auskick Sized" "Real Grounds"
Blaming the size of the ground is tad embarrassing. Its sort of insinuating that you guys are soft.
Brunswick, Elsternwick and South Melbourne didn't find it too difficult to navigate.

"Auskick Sized" "Real Grounds"
Blaming the size of the ground is tad embarrassing. Its sort of insinuating that you guys are soft.
Brunswick, Elsternwick and South Melbourne didn't find it too difficult to navigate.
In fairness, SMD does play on a small ground too.

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back