D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When will people start talking about straight sets?
They won't live it down if they do. Could be both sides hitting the turps next Monday. UHS v Aquinas, cannot believe that UHS came back from 7 goals down, Aquinas were on fire during the first half! The battle between the two number 2s was incredible.

They won't live it down if they do. Could be both sides hitting the turps next Monday. UHS v Aquinas, cannot believe that UHS came back from 7 goals down, Aquinas were on fire during the first half! The battle between the two number 2s was incredible.
Well done to UHS,to good on the day,disappointing to get injurys during the game but that's footy.A bit disappointing 1 injury was caused by the state of the turf wicket,a game ending ankle injury when backing away from a ball up,you would think the Ammo's would have the ground in better nick.Think UHS can cause an upset if the big NO17 gets physical with the Yeo brothers,and the rest of the Yarra team,Yarra wouldn't want to lose this one.

Interesting......

From the Yarra Valley coach: "Great forecast for Sunday boys, 18 and only light winds". RD

From the weather forecasters:
Sunday 16 September

Summary
showers.png

Min 9
Max 18
Shower or two developing.
Melbourne area

Partly cloudy. Isolated showers developing in the afternoon. Light winds.

Well you got the 'light winds' right Drewy!!

Chump.

P.S. I would play in a bloody blizzard if it was any type of final!

From the Yarra Valley Website this week...

After a dominant season it was now time for the most important part of the season to start for Yarra Valley. For finishing top on the ladder meant we had a rest in the first week of the finals, this gave sometime to freshen up and work on the little things that were going to take us all the way in 2012. The first final played out, Ivanhoe beating UHS convincingly meant we were to play them in the second semi final.

Leading up the game we felt we had used the week off to our advantage and there was a good feeling around the club, playing at Bill Lawry oval in Northcote suited the way we wanted to play the game, plenty of switching and gut running. We believed when it came to fitness our boys would be able to run over the top as the game progressed.

Pre game the focus was on how we wanted to control the game making it predictable and switching and taking the game on, we knew the way Ivanhoe played straight down the ground, hard contested football. It was on everyone to step up and run them off their feet.

With a strong wind favoring one end the whole day, Ivanhoe had the advantage in the first quarter, we need to stay in touch with them and make them work hard for the ball. They started to dominate the clearances and were getting the ball into their forward line on many occasions, a few uncharacteristic fumbles in the backline and they got to a bit of a lead. A few late goals to our boys gave us confidence going to quarter time a couple of goals down with the wind in the second quarter.

Second quarter was about effectively using the wind to our advantage and playing our game by taking the game on, we started by kicking quick goals to gain the lead. Our ball use over the ground was getting better and the midfield had lifted to another level. Kicking a six goals to their two meant we went into the main break with the lead and confidence to continue.

During half time it was talked about that although we had gained the lead we were still not making our team goals and to win the game this had to be done. Going into the second half they had the breeze again, his was the quarter that would have the most influence on the game. If we could keep them to 1-2 goals and score ourselves the pressure would be on them. We started really well, they continued to kick it into their forward line without any luck and we were moving it out well. Unfortunately we let them kick a couple of late goals before three quarter time to give them a sniff.

The last quarter was about who wanted it more and our willingness to keep working, this all stopped they kicked a couple and our running and work ethic completely stopped. The wanted it more and in the end won the quarter and the game by six points. A few boys put in a good effort, which included Mick Wines, Sammy Collie, Benny Trend and Chris Beal.

It not over for us we now have a preliminary final to gain a spot into the Grand Final, its going to take the right attitude and work ethic over the next two weeks to achieve what we set out to achieve in November last year. It does not take three quarters to win a finals game of footy the 22 blokes need to have the same mind set.
It is up to us, and the belief is there.

Thought it was a reasonable summation of the game .......

This week:

Yarra Valley v UHS-VU: Yarra have still been the stand out team for the year and should rightly be red hot favs for this one. I think for the uni guys to win they need to start really well. They won't run down a 7 goal start this week - against this team, but could start some doubts into the minds of the Yarra boys if it's close.
Quirky needs to kick a bag and along with the big boy Temming in the backline - be very physical. When these two started 'throwing it around a bit' last week - they got back into the game. You must crack in hard at Yarra and not let them get the game all on their 'free running' terms.

Would like to see the 'unit' (Thomas) go head to head with Collie .....just put a ball in between them from 20 paces and let them smash in. Very important in the middle is Sammy C and as such they need to limit his impact.

In the end - the overall run and talent of the seasons best performed team will prevail and Yarra will pull away to a comfortable win - 35 points.

Reserves: I think Kew have been the best team all year and look to have got thin gs back on track again last week. Yarra in straight sets for mind - Kew by 11 points.

Chump.

Semiors.
Preliminary Final
Yarra Valley vs UHS-VU. The winemakers were shocked last week and face the very confident Students for the two ultimate prizes. They haven't beee the top dogs for nothing and should be able to bounce back and get the rematch against the 'Hoes but more importantly gain promotion.

Reserves.
Preliminary Final
Yarra Valley vs Kew

Congratulations to Ivanhoe and Yarra Valley OB for making the GF and promotion to Div 2. And the winner is....Ivanhoe.
Commiserations and farewell to Power House and Hawthorn. Div 4 is no picnic.
Here come Swinburne and South Mornington. Not a fun road trip!

Congratulations to Ivanhoe and Yarra Valley OB for making the GF and promotion to Div 2. And the winner is....Ivanhoe.
Commiserations and farewell to Power House and Hawthorn. Div 4 is no picnic.
Here come Swinburne and South Mornington. Not a fun road trip!

Brilliant road trip down to Mt Martha, come down on the Friday and make a weekend of it, plenty of BnB's and just appreciate the view:
10-11-2011-12-5227_14811_4@729_Esplanade_Mornington_Web011.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Ivanhoe.
Of the two teams that love to mouth off on the field when they're going OK we all know that Ivanhoe is the lesser of two evils.

THE CHOKERS. Yes they do love to PUFF it out. Ivanhoe's best chance is if they give the red headed yo-yo a game. Always gives away behind the play frees. Comments to UHS players last weekend indicate that fellow YVs acknowledge he is an embarrassment on the field and should be in the twos on the bench!

Puff's award to YV from last week [to assist Ivanhoe] - 27 Can he play, 10 excellent second attacking option, 12 needs to be sat on in the middle, 30 be defensive against this marking back pocket? YV suspect in the ruck & at Fback.

Puff's prediction - Ivanhoe by a point after the siren b/c of quadruple 25m penalties against yo yo 23 sending the landrovers off sipping sour grapes.

THE CHOKERS. Yes they do love to PUFF it out. Ivanhoe's best chance is if they give the red headed yo-yo a game. Always gives away behind the play frees. Comments to UHS players last weekend indicate that fellow YVs acknowledge he is an embarrassment on the field and should be in the twos on the bench!

Puff's award to YV from last week [to assist Ivanhoe] - 27 Can he play, 10 excellent second attacking option, 12 needs to be sat on in the middle, 30 be defensive against this marking back pocket? YV suspect in the ruck & at Fback.

Puff's prediction - Ivanhoe by a point after the siren b/c of quadruple 25m penalties against yo yo 23 sending the landrovers off sipping sour grapes.

I will not place derogatory comments on BF about the yo yo's ......on the off chance they CAN read and use it as motivation!

Agree with your other comments Nikko .......they have some quality players that we will need to be mindful of. They have dominated the section for most of the year and NOW it comes down to this - ONE GAME ONLY. They are expected to win. But, who knows eh? Finals are a funny game ......and 44 Ivanhoe players will do what they can to cause an upset or two.

Chump.

P.S. I don't buy into any extra pressure being on the 'expected winner' or less for the underdog. It's a Grand Final FFS and you have two hours to get it done. Time to smash in!!

Thought it was a reasonable summation of the game .......

This week:

Yarra Valley v UHS-VU: Yarra have still been the stand out team for the year and should rightly be red hot favs for this one. I think for the uni guys to win they need to start really well. They won't run down a 7 goal start this week - against this team, but could start some doubts into the minds of the Yarra boys if it's close.
Quirky needs to kick a bag and along with the big boy Temming in the backline - be very physical. When these two started 'throwing it around a bit' last week - they got back into the game. You must crack in hard at Yarra and not let them get the game all on their 'free running' terms.

Would like to see the 'unit' (Thomas) go head to head with Collie .....just put a ball in between them from 20 paces and let them smash in. Very important in the middle is Sammy C and as such they need to limit his impact.

In the end - the overall run and talent of the seasons best performed team will prevail and Yarra will pull away to a comfortable win - 35 points.

Reserves: I think Kew have been the best team all year and look to have got thin gs back on track again last week. Yarra in straight sets for mind - Kew by 11 points.

Chump.

So as a lot of people predicted pre-season, it's Ivanhoe v Yarra in the big dance.

Yarra were the best team in the home and away but as we know, that doesn't always mean you are the best come finals time and I think this will be the case with leaner bodies and run winning the day. Hoes by 7 goals.

Wow ..... what a night at selection! Changes-a-plenty as we lock in the 44 guys that will represent the IAFC on Sunday at Trevor Barker Oval. Good luck to all - enjoy.

Not going to stuff around on the basis that anything I mention on here as one little bit to do with what the actual end results will be.

Can we win - you bet we can!! There is no use going into the big dance and 'hoping' you can win. You need to 'know' you can win, be confident of that and give maximum effort to achieve that aim.

Does Yarra Valley have two good teams - Yes. Will they be the fav's - Yes. Does that matter - nup.

It was once said - 'If it bleeds, you can kill it'..... it's hunting time Sunday at TBO!

Both Ivanhoe teams are up and about, training this week was great and the club has already been promoted to D2. It's for the players now and the team accolade that comes with winning a premiership.

Seniors - Hoes by 18 points.
Reserves - Hoes by 22 points.

Why? Why not ;)

Go Hoes!

Chump.

P.S. Valium please........

Wow ..... what a night at selection! Changes-a-plenty as we lock in the 44 guys that will represent the IAFC on Sunday at Trevor Barker Oval. Good luck to all - enjoy.

Not going to stuff around on the basis that anything I mention on here as one little bit to do with what the actual end results will be.

Can we win - you bet we can!! There is no use going into the big dance and 'hoping' you can win. You need to 'know' you can win, be confident of that and give maximum effort to achieve that aim.

Does Yarra Valley have two good teams - Yes. Will they be the fav's - Yes. Does that matter - nup.

It was once said - 'If it bleeds, you can kill it'..... it's hunting time Sunday at TBO!

Both Ivanhoe teams are up and about, training this week was great and the club has already been promoted to D2. It's for the players now and the team accolade that comes with winning a premiership.

Seniors - Hoes by 18 points.
Reserves - Hoes by 22 points.

Why? Why not ;)

Go Hoes!

Chump.

P.S. Valium please........

Chump, I'm an occasional poster and don't get to many D3 games as much as I used to (probably 2 for 2012) but I hope you win on the weekend. Your passion for your club is fantastic. No doubt you have seen the club in the higher divisions but you have stuck fat and I hope you see the Hoes rise once again.
Good luck on the weekend.

Chump, I'm an occasional poster and don't get to many D3 games as much as I used to (probably 2 for 2012) but I hope you win on the weekend. Your passion for your club is fantastic. No doubt you have seen the club in the higher divisions but you have stuck fat and I hope you see the Hoes rise once again.
Good luck on the weekend.

Thanks justafan.

Yes - just dropped out of A-grade when I arrived at the club I believe....I may have been the problem?:p

But, no matter the result on Sunday, I believe the club is heading in the right direction again. We have an AMAZING group of young men who love and respect the place - it's good to have that back.

We have a great relationship with the IJFC and together we hope to build a truly 'community based' club. We don't have any alignment with any school in particular, just a want to be representative of the local community - in all it's shapes and forms. When you see, Parkdale, Fitzroy, Beauy and even or local rivals Banyule climb up the grades with a similar setup and game plan, it gives you confidence that it can be done.

Alot of hard work .....and fun ....lay ahead, but we it's nice to see the IAFC gaining some respect back again and giving people - new and old - the opportunity to enjoy a club that has been around for over 100 years.

Chump.

A big Sunday coming up for both the Magpies and the Bushrangers, and with both being represented in the two matches it points toa potentially successful season next year in the higher division.

Seniors.
Ivanhoe vs Yarra Valley. The Magpies will be well rested after their surprise (to some at least) second semi win over the Bushrangers who have had to do it the hard way to prove that they are worthy of playing in the big dance and gain a ticket to the next level. The Bussies have proved the best in the division all year and think they will reverse the hiccup from a fortnight ago. And congrats to both teams on making the grannie and moving up a level for 2013.

Reserves.
Ivanhoe vs Yarra Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back