D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tips everyone?

Ones:

Ivanhoe V UHS-VU - should be a good one with UHS-VU playing some very good footy last week and Kirky back kicking goals again. Looking forward to 'the Duck' and Kirky going head to head again and will play a big role in how the game pans out. The Hoes would be looking forward to the wide and dry spaces of Bill Lawry after some poor showings on small and often wet/bog grounds. Hoes by 23 points

AOC v Kew - cracking game in the making with both teams having been very good until recent loses. Think they will put on a beauty here and if AOC can hold Brazzelle to 3 or under, then the multi prong attack at AOC will have too much scoring power in the end. AOC by 15 points

Twos:

Kew v Ivanhoe - Kew rightly favs to win this one, but feeling confident we can cause an upset and sneak past the bears in a very close one - Hoes 5 points.

UHS-VU v SFX - with SFX seniors all finished will most likely help them with a couple of extra players being available who have been 'up and down' this year. I am tipping a bit of an upset here and SFX getting home by 10 points.

Good luck to all involved ..... no injuries.

Chump.

Thoughts on this weekends finals matches:

Semiors.
Elimination Final
Aquinas vs Kew. The Bloods gave the Bears a bit of a touch-up in an important game for both team just a fortnight ago and can't see why they won't repeat the effort here to keep themselves alive in the finals series.
Qualifying Final
Ivanhoe vs UHS-VU. Both teams form coming into this game has been pretty solid and the Hoes have been the second best team in the division all season and should be able to keep the momentum going with a win over the Students.

Reserves.
Elimination Final
UHS-VU vs St Francis Xavier
Qualifying Final
Kew vs Ivanhoe

Could we have some reviews of yesterdays games from anyone that was there, both Seniors & Reserves?

Best Players/Injuries/Umpiring/Anything!?!?

Could we have some reviews of yesterdays games from anyone that was there, both Seniors & Reserves? Best Players/Injuries/Umpiring/Anything!?!?

Sancho,

I was at Bill Lawry and saw both games.

Reserves: Kew v Ivanhoe - Kew off to a quick start and then Hoes dragged it back in a good even battle between the two teams. Hoes lost a couple of key players by half time so we were a little nervous as to the run we would have in the end. Jumped out to a 3 goal lead before Kew powered back into the contest and looked like they would run over us. Some chatter to the umpires from the Hoes did not help - 4 x goals from 25m penalties - but still Kew were getting more numbers to the ball. Hoes hang on by a point - Kew a little inaccurate.

Seniors: Ivanhoe v USH-VU saw the Hoes jump out to a quick 3 goal break before Uni came back quickly and had scores tied up at 4.3 each at one stage. The game was played in windy conditions and as such, when combined with finals footy pressure, was probably a bit scrappy with targets by both teams being missed.

Hoes settled and started to used the ball better with more run and carry to get to the talls quickly. Ash kicked 7 in the end and was well supported with Roberts and Lovell kicking 2 each also - and could have been more if not for some inaccurate kicking.

Hoes backline on top all day IMO, with good support for each other in the air and at ground level. Will need to be on top of their game again next week against the talented YV forwards.

Hoes ran out winners by 46 points and showed some better form on the bigger and dry ground than in recent weeks in the wet. Massive challenge for both teams next week as rank outsiders to the inform club of this year, but we give ourselves a chance - as you would in finals - as strange things can happen.

Unfortunate injury to one of our young guys early in the day in the ones - shattered eyesocket - when showing great courage to go after the ball at all costs. Unlucky time of year to get such an injury and we wish him well.

Hope to get a few more back in the next week or so and bolster the chances of both teams.

Chump.

Could we have some reviews of yesterdays games from anyone that was there, both Seniors & Reserves?

Went down to box hill to watch Kew v Aquinas. Game of the year. Aquinas got off to a great start kicking the first 4 goals of the game with a slight wind at aid. Score remained the same at qtr time, and Kew could only manage the single goal in the second quarter. With the wind in the 3rd and a 23 point lead aquinas had the chance to put the game out of reach, however kew came out firing and kicked 4 goals to 1 trailing by only 7 at the last break. Last quarter was one of the most intense quarters of football I've seen, both teams throwing absolutely everything they had at the ball. Aquinas kicked the first goal and lead by 13 points however kew answered with a major of their own. Another goal to aquinas with less than 3 mins to play meant they had a 2 goal lead and looked home. Kew then replied almost instantly and the margin was reduced to 5 points with 2 minutes to play. Kew had all of the play with aquinas dropping players back the ball was fired into Kew's forward line multiple times but a few strong defensive marks saw Aquinas home by 5 points.

Terrific game played in even better spirit. Both teams were spent after the game as a result of the large box hill oval.

Tips for Aquinas vs UHS- VU??

Got to Box Hill ground at 1.30 to watch the seniors at 2.00. Reserves game must have been running late and watched the last quarter of ressies. The game was well under control by St Francis and with only about 5 minutes to go a stoush broke out between 2 players and this idiot from St Francis ran in and hit the Uni guy from the side. Reported and sent off! What a goose. Will surely miss 2 or 3. I must say the coach of the ressies would not be happy with such a lack of discipline!

Got to Box Hill ground at 1.30 to watch the seniors at 2.00. Reserves game must have been running late and watched the last quarter of ressies. The game was well under control by St Francis and with only about 5 minutes to go a stoush broke out between 2 players and this idiot from St Francis ran in and hit the Uni guy from the side. Reported and sent off! What a goose. Will surely miss 2 or 3. I must say the coach of the ressies would not be happy with such a lack of discipline!

We must have gotten there at roughly the same time. The seniors game was umpired quite well I thought but some decisions as normal were questionable both ways. But it was a good tight game until the end with umpires allowing the boys to just play footy in that last quarter. I was right near when that little stoush broke out, silly decision by that St Francis player since the game was rapped up and they play next week but the UHS-VU player should buy a lottery ticket because luck must be on his side not getting caught for those punches he threw to the St Francis players face while on the ground first.

Any way tips for this week:

Seniors:
Yarra Valley over the Hoes (Yarra Valley too Strong, straight into the Grand Final)
Aquinas over UHS-VU (Tight one)

Reserves:
Yarra Valley over the Hoes (Hoes will push Yarra Valley right to the end in this one)
Kew over St Francis (Going of results 2 weeks ago, Kew thumped them)

Anything!?!?
50c post match hot dogs in the rooms at northcote along with a well intoxicated Jake Melksham and Sam Lonergan taking on kids in table tennis match. apparently melksham did a hammy...

ground in lovely condition, hope all the remaining d3 finals are at this venue.
looks like rain this weekend too... one thing I know is the Hoe's love it wet.

Rabs here..can anyone tell me if Traegar will be playing this finals series in the Ivanhoe twos ?........apparently has a broken collar bone.. ?

Rabs here..can anyone tell me if Traegar will be playing this finals series in the Ivanhoe twos ?........apparently has a broken collar bone.. ?

G'day Rabs,

Unfortunately, Treages is most likely out for rest of the year I would think...... maybe a chance for a GF game if we were lucky enough to make it.

Chump

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a terrific game at Box Hill between Aquinas and Kew. Aquinas flew out of the blocks and held their nerve in the final stages. A really outstanding contest. Gutted to see the Bears go down but full credit to the Bloods. Cheer squad behind the goals were a little delirious, were getting mighty stuck into some of the Bear defenders, made for an enjoyable atmosphere though, at least 200-300 there. Good luck to the sides in the upcoming weeks.

Seniors:
Yarra Valley to get up by 4 goals against the 'Hoes
Aquinas to win by 6 goals against the Students.

Ressies:
Yarra Valley by 2 goals.
Kew by 10 goals.

Still taking Yarra Valley in the Seniors, think the Aquinas-Ivanhoe game will be an absolute corker, not sure who to lean toward currently! Kew and Yarra Valley to play off in the Ressies due to Kew's ability to choose a few players who have played half ones/half twos.

Was a terrific game at Box Hill between Aquinas and Kew. Aquinas flew out of the blocks and held their nerve in the final stages. A really outstanding contest. Gutted to see the Bears go down but full credit to the Bloods. Cheer squad behind the goals were a little delirious, were getting mighty stuck into some of the Bear defenders, made for an enjoyable atmosphere though, at least 200-300 there. Good luck to the sides in the upcoming weeks.

Seniors:
Yarra Valley to get up by 4 goals against the 'Hoes
Aquinas to win by 6 goals against the Students.

Ressies:
Yarra Valley by 2 goals.
Kew by 10 goals.

Still taking Yarra Valley in the Seniors, think the Aquinas-Ivanhoe game will be an absolute corker, not sure who to lean toward currently! Kew and Yarra Valley to play off in the Ressies due to Kew's ability to choose a few players who have played half ones/half twos.

Hoes to have too much run for Yarra and win by 5 goals.
Aquinas to struggle in the match ups with Uni. Uni by 3 goals.

Congrats to Harro on winning the comp B&F.

Hoes to have too much run for Yarra and win by 5 goals.
Aquinas to struggle in the match ups with Uni. Uni by 3 goals.

Congrats to Harro on winning the comp B&F.

Would love to see an upset between ivanhoe and yarra but I think the latter will be too strong, and can't see them repeating their efforts from last year. Yarra by 6 goals.

Going by last time they played, Aquinas seemed too quick for Uni and might expose them early. For those who watched uni v hoes last week, how is Bill Lawry Oval looking? Large? Wide? Dry? On a large ground the bloods' run could be the deciding factor. Aquinas by 3 goals.

Hoes to have too much run for Yarra and win by 5 goals.Aquinas to struggle in the match ups with Uni. Uni by 3 goals. Congrats to Harro on winning the comp B&F.

Seniors:
Yarra Valley v Hoes: massive upset on the cards with Hoes to win by 4 goals. No other reason other than I am an Ivanhoe member and could not possibly tip against them in a final...... even against the best performed side in the comp who has smashed us both times and clearly deserves to be the read hot flag fav!:cool:

USH-VU v AOC: I think the boys from AOC are playing some pretty good footy at the moment and would fancy their chances here - big time. But, I think this will be another close one for them and that the students may even push this all the way to the very finish. AOC by 2 points.

Reserves:
Yarra Valley v Hoes: another upset on the cards with Hoes to win by 11 points and go straight through to the GF. One win each this year between these two and should be a cracker.

Kew v SFX: Interesting game this one with a keen eye on which team benefits the most from NOT having a senior side playing this week. Maybe with some inclusions back for both. I think Kew have been the best performing team in the twos all year and will win by 24 points.

Good luck all - and no injuries.

Chump.

Semiors.
1st Semi
Aquinas vs UHS-VU. The Bloods won a hard-fought game last week while the Students were outclassed. Think it will be a close one with the Bloods to sneak thru and stay alive for at least one more week.
2nd Semi
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe. The wine-makers have been the standard-bearer all season and while I do think the Hoes will be righg in the game till the end, it's the red-hot premiership favourites for me.

Reserves.
1st Semi
Kew vs St Francis
2nd Semi
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe

Semiors.
1st Semi
Aquinas vs UHS-VU. The Bloods won a hard-fought game last week while the Students were outclassed. Think it will be a close one with the Bloods to sneak thru and stay alive for at least one more week.
2nd Semi
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe. The wine-makers have been the standard-bearer all season and while I do think the Hoes will be righg in the game till the end, it's the red-hot premiership favourites for me.

Reserves.
1st Semi
Kew vs St Francis
2nd Semi
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe
Great win by the black and whites yesterday. Kicking into the breeze in the last, they ran out the game in great style!

Great effort by IAFC to qualify for both GF's, 2's holding on in a tight game, 1's coming home against the breeze!! club in good shape as it heads to D2, now just to make sure we take 2 flags with us.

Great effort by IAFC to qualify for both GF's, 2's holding on in a tight game, 1's coming home against the breeze!! club in good shape as it heads to D2, now just to make sure we take 2 flags with us.

Agree that the weekend was a very good one for the club. To gain promotion is an excellent result as far as the club is concerned. We have worked very hard for that and it deserves to be recognised and celebrated. BUT
now our attention turns to the players and what they can get for their efforts, and that's the opportunity to be a premiership player. I am sure that the other 3 clubs still involved in both Senior and Reserve grades give themselves - as they should - a very big chance at being premiers. This weeks games should be rippers.

Well done to our club (inclusive of the Under 19's who missed out in the Preliminary on the weekend) for a great club effort. Now to do all we can to see what else the year can provide.

Chump.

Semiors.
1st Semi
2nd Semi

Reserves.
1st Semi
Kew vs St Francis
2nd Semi
Yarra Valley vs Ivanhoe

We all hope you don't punt for a living Clint! Zip out of 4! Not having a go, Puff/Puff, but what 2 different days to play. Didn't see Saturday but the word yesterday was Ivanhoe sensational in the last quarter in both games.

Yesterday was one of the best games I have witnessed in the VAFA. UHS kicks a goal in the first 5 secs but at the mini smoke break it was AQ 8 straight to 4.4. Half time AQ 14.1 to 7.8 ....... 15 shots all but boy what shooting by AQ especially number 16. The little fat one gave an inspirational address backed up by my pearls of wisdom and the UHS team, with 6 changes from the previous week, dug deeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Just behind at the major orange break AQ 16.3 to UHS 12.19 IT WAS UP FOR GRABS. It must be noted that AQ where not in good shape on the bench with maybe 3 injuries so I lit up my favourite cigar & held my breath. Nip & tuck & with 4 secs to go an AQ player marks 30 m out slight angle with UHS 4 points infront. He actually kicked it quite well heading straight through when a mysterious PUFF FROM GUESS WHO sent the agate left & goalie said over the post ... we win. Breathless. BOG Ummmmm Puff/Puff possibly me!

When will people start talking about straight sets?

Ah yes, the bottle shop attendants do have a history of failing in finals whether it be reserves or seniors over the last couple of years.
Perhaps if they focused less on their game day attire they might know what it takes to win a final.
Looking forward to heading down for a look this Sunday. Was there yesterday and noticed a definite lift in intensity during the second quarter from UHS that definitely made the smaller Aquinas players feel intimidated by the look of it.
They'll need to do the same this week you'd suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back