D3 Division 3 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Marcou, Have a good look around you. Grounds are in dreadful condition and not suitable for playing on...let alone playing finals on!

VAFA have no idea what grounds are/will be available to play on next week especially with more rain scheduled over the weekend and most potential finals venues having 2 games played on them this weekend.

Also, the VAFA only wants to use grounds that are enclosed so they can CHARGE to get in, so some available good grounds are not able to be used.

Be patient son...all good things come to those who wait!

Young Marcou, Have a good look around you. Grounds are in dreadful condition and not suitable for playing on...let alone playing finals on!

VAFA have no idea what grounds are/will be available to play on next week especially with more rain scheduled over the weekend and most potential finals venues having 2 games played on them this weekend.

Also, the VAFA only wants to use grounds that are enclosed so they can CHARGE to get in, so some available good grounds are not able to be used.

Be patient son...all good things come to those who wait!

This kills me to say it but I have to agree with Dee Three.
The SFL announced their finals locations a couple of weeks back and it has caused all sorts of angst and backlash due the deterioration of the grounds in the last couple of weeks. I think the SFL are in the process of changing their decision. I imagine the impact it would have had on the clubs that were first granted the finals - all the organisation, maybe purchase of stock, budgeting etc, etc.
I think the Ammo's have been very wise in delaying their decision.

The SFL announced their finals locations a couple of weeks back and it has caused all sorts of angst and backlash due the deterioration of the grounds in the last couple of weeks. I think the SFL are in the process of changing their decision. I imagine the impact it would have had on the clubs that were first granted the finals - all the organisation, maybe purchase of stock, budgeting etc, etc.

The 'ammo's' are never wise. Just lazy and incompetent.

Dunno why the ammos are holding off on letting us know we're playing the first three weeks of finals at scammel reserve again like every other year...

Even with Yarra Valley having next week off well and truly confirmed, I would imagine they would be looking to atone for their only loss so far. That would mean any sort of victory to UHSVU would see aquinas fall back to 4th, and miss the double chance. They seem the only real interesting games of the round, as the wickers percentage seems as though it will keep them out, even if Kew lose, and the wickers cause an upset over Ivanhoe.

Still plenty of interest alive with the final round upon us, and the 'Wicks a long, long mathamatical chance to grab that last spot.

UHS-VU vs Old Westbourne - The double chance is still alive for the Students and therefore don't expect them to succumb to the Old Boys.
Yarra Valley vs Aquinas - A nice mouth-watering pre-finals contest and wondering if the wine-makers will be totally switched on with the top spot assured while the Bloods must win to retain the double chance. Interesting!
Ivanhoe vs Elsternwick - Another interesting game with the 'Hoes already assured of their finals spot and the 'Wicks still hoping and praying and if the match was at back oval by the sea one might have been tempted to select the visitors.
Albert Park vs Richmond - Disappointing season endings for both the Falcons and Toger-Snakes, with plenty of opportunities lost.
Power House vs Hawthorn - Great, a preview of the Power and Hawks rivalry to be continued in Division 3 in 2013.
Kew vs St Francis Xavier - The Bears were totally destroyed last week and need a strong win going into the finals while the X-Men have had a disappointing season and not lived up to the pre-season hype

Powerhouse are pretty stiff. Knock off OW and Hawthorn in 2 of the past 3 weeks and push Ivanhoe (who seem a little out of sorts, expect them to beat the Students convincingly though) and still get relegated. Credit to OW for their win last weekend but very lucky to still be in the division. Looking forward to the fixtures this weekend.

Ivanhoe v UHS
Kew v Aquinas

Tips?

Reckon on a dry ground Kew will knock off the Bloods but another boggy ground like Aquinas College could help them. Toorak Park is generally a bit cleaner than most of the grounds we are used to. Should be a corker of a contest. And as previously mentioned, I am backing in the Hoes to win quite comfortably against the Students but this Rhys Kirk kid is certainly in a rich vein of form and they are coming off a 120 point win... Anything can happen.

Powerhouse are pretty stiff. Knock off OW and Hawthorn in 2 of the past 3 weeks and push Ivanhoe (who seem a little out of sorts, expect them to beat the Students convincingly though) and still get relegated. Credit to OW for their win last weekend but very lucky to still be in the division. Looking forward to the fixtures this weekend.

Ivanhoe v UHS
Kew v Aquinas

Tips?

Reckon on a dry ground Kew will knock off the Bloods but another boggy ground like Aquinas College could help them. Toorak Park is generally a bit cleaner than most of the grounds we are used to. Should be a corker of a contest. And as previously mentioned, I am backing in the Hoes to win quite comfortably against the Students but this Rhys Kirk kid is certainly in a rich vein of form and they are coming off a 120 point win... Anything can happen.

Puff bl....... Puff
The Kewsters and Students have been dealt an ordinary card with having both clubs having Seniors & Reserves in playing on Sunday but at different grounds! They will have to divide support staff & good supporters such as my humble self [D 3 TAKE NOTE] will not be able to see all of both games. On form or looking over the year Ivanhoe will start short price favs & Aquinas is coming good at the right time. Reserves Kew all the way & if Puff Puff was playing St Francis would not see me [blowing rings around them] & UHSVU would be a better chance. The winners of the past 2 flags were towelled 2 weeks ago [8 goals to 1] so I'm not sure the educated ones can turn that around?? PBWISSFATTB?

Puff bl....... Puff
The Kewsters and Students have been dealt an ordinary card with having both clubs having Seniors & Reserves in playing on Sunday but at different grounds! They will have to divide support staff & good supporters such as my humble self [D 3 TAKE NOTE] will not be able to see all of both games.

G'day Nikko,

I think it's more to do with trying to find grounds this weekend where the VAFA can charge to get in ..... hence the Sunday this week ( as other competitions are still running Saturday games ) and then hopefully reverting back to Sat and Sun next week.

Big day for the Hoes with 19's, Res and Seniors all involved on the Sunday... fingers crossed for some good footy and no more bloody injuries!

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nikko .... looks like D1 is playing on the Saturday at Northcote, so maybe they could have done Saturday and Sunday for each club after all.

Chump.

Puff bl....... Puff
The Kewsters and Students have been dealt an ordinary card with having both clubs having Seniors & Reserves in playing on Sunday but at different grounds! They will have to divide support staff & good supporters such as my humble self [D 3 TAKE NOTE] will not be able to see all of both games. On form or looking over the year Ivanhoe will start short price favs & Aquinas is coming good at the right time. Reserves Kew all the way & if Puff Puff was playing St Francis would not see me [blowing rings around them] & UHSVU would be a better chance. The winners of the past 2 flags were towelled 2 weeks ago [8 goals to 1] so I'm not sure the educated ones can turn that around?? PBWISSFATTB?

Pretty dumb scheduling by the ammo's. Why wouldn't they schedule both teams at the same ground?
I can't believe I called them wise!!

Pretty dumb scheduling by the ammo's. Why wouldn't they schedule both teams at the same ground?
I can't believe I called them wise!!
Because Ivanhoe twos are playing Kew in the qualifying final and as the highest finishing senior side, Ivanhoe get their twos at the same ground as their seniors.

Because Ivanhoe twos are playing Kew in the qualifying final and as the highest finishing senior side, Ivanhoe get their twos at the same ground as their seniors.

.....and Ivanhoe also have under 19's in a 1st v 2nd final on the weekend and they have placed that at the same venue at 9.20am. Early day for the trainers!! :p

Chump

It is with profound sadness and regret that I pass on the news that Ivan Board, ex President and Life Member of Old Westbourne AFC, recipient of the VAFA Certificate of Merit this year, passed away today after a long battle with illness. Deepest sympathy and condolences go out to Barb, Adrian, Lyndal and the entire Board family.

Arohanui, Ivan.

massive day on Sunday for the Hoe's with the 3 sides playing at Westgarth St.

Good location for us as just down the road, lovely ground to play on too. Would rather a Saturday, but the extra days break is good for these old legs...

I reckon Kew will get up in the other game, I won't be suprised if they get through to a prelim.

Obviously I'll back us in VS the students to get the game VS Yarra next week.

2's should be a cracker also, The Hoes VS Kew a few weeks ago was a very tight game and would expect the same again come Sunday... Will the Chump or Buddy Love pull the boots on>?

Caroline Wilson will have to speak to her sources to get to the bottom of this.

Mitch,

I got a call this morning and Caroline was asking if I was available to play this week for the Hoes. With several players under scrutiny this week re: full fitness, I gave her the following response:

"I will not entertain one little bit, talking or being interested in any position, when a person has got the job and needs the full back-up by his club and his supporters. I think it is totally distasteful that people are 'dancing on their grave' and I think that they need to have a look and reflect on how great these players have been for that football club."

..... but I 'never, say never'......

Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back