D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ventured to Allard Park yesterday for Bulls vs JOCS, in what was a fiery affair in front a raucous crowd. Did not expect the result that was served up but was a great slog to watch. StJ had their chances and took them at every opportunity while NB were quite ordinary. Plenty happening on and off the ball kept the crowd buzzing, with the strong away contingent rewarded for sticking around in the conditions.

Hung around post-game for a beer alongside plenty others from both sides, great to see for the division. JOCS tagger was a deserving BOG for his hit job on NB’s best player, although a BOG for 5 touches will always be a bit of a gag for me (unless they kicked 5.0). Be interesting to see if the heavy-handed tactics - some legal, some less so - is the blueprint for breaking the Bulls moving forward, although it’s hard to imagine the umpires letting as much go come finals. Damn shame really.

Looks like I might head back to NB next week as Powerhouse make the trip up for another MOTR candidate. Hopefully the weather is kinder and the ground is not a slop. Is there a worse ground in the division?

Ventured to Allard Park yesterday for Bulls vs JOCS, in what was a fiery affair in front a raucous crowd. Did not expect the result that was served up but was a great slog to watch. StJ had their chances and took them at every opportunity while NB were quite ordinary. Plenty happening on and off the ball kept the crowd buzzing, with the strong away contingent rewarded for sticking around in the conditions.

Hung around post-game for a beer alongside plenty others from both sides, great to see for the division. JOCS tagger was a deserving BOG for his hit job on NB’s best player, although a BOG for 5 touches will always be a bit of a gag for me (unless they kicked 5.0). Be interesting to see if the heavy-handed tactics - some legal, some less so - is the blueprint for breaking the Bulls moving forward, although it’s hard to imagine the umpires letting as much go come finals. Damn shame really.

Looks like I might head back to NB next week as Powerhouse make the trip up for another MOTR candidate. Hopefully the weather is kinder and the ground is not a slop. Is there a worse ground in the division?
One of the great salty posts

Clearly the worst ground in the VAFA! Also, no Moondog Old mates in the fridge on Saturday....what is going on down there? New prez needs to step up!

I also ventured down to Allard Park on the weekend, wish I didn't because the weather was horrible. Luckily I packed my North Face jacket which kept me warm and dry, made the mistake of wearing my highly fashionable Sambas which got destroyed.

I did try out canteen, got what they called a Zaatar which was delicious and washed it down with a moon dog.

NB ressies ran over the JOCs ressies easily, NB had a few senior premiership players in the 2s which was surprising maybe they're trying to find some form in the magoos? JOCs ressies look ordinary.

Saw the bulls get bullied in the senior game, plenty of hits in and behind play by both teams was a very physical match. The JOCs in the end were more physical and cleaner with the pill in the swamp. Tagging #6 and being more physical than the bulls might be the blueprint to beating them, let's see if the House will do the same. JOCs #15 did a great job on him and might have him in his pocket still. Keen to watch this match up again come finals, it did seem like NB were missing a few so it should be a closer contest next time.

I also ventured down to Allard Park on the weekend, wish I didn't because the weather was horrible. Luckily I packed my North Face jacket which kept me warm and dry, made the mistake of wearing my highly fashionable Sambas which got destroyed.

I did try out canteen, got what they called a Zaatar which was delicious and washed it down with a moon dog.

NB ressies ran over the JOCs ressies easily, NB had a few senior premiership players in the 2s which was surprising maybe they're trying to find some form in the magoos? JOCs ressies look ordinary.

Saw the bulls get bullied in the senior game, plenty of hits in and behind play by both teams was a very physical match. The JOCs in the end were more physical and cleaner with the pill in the swamp. Tagging #6 and being more physical than the bulls might be the blueprint to beating them, let's see if the House will do the same. JOCs #15 did a great job on him and might have him in his pocket still. Keen to watch this match up again come finals, it did seem like NB were missing a few so it should be a closer contest next time.
Jocs 2s no good this year after having a strong season last year.

NB peaked early and now allergic to kicking goals
Ventured down to moon dog park for a couple of fruity beers and a Zaatar. The zaatar was good but the moon dogs like the bulls were no where to be seen.
A few of the op shops must of had a sale on this afternoon that the inner city lads couldn’t miss, needing some warmer clothes after their fancy holidays in warmer weather.
hopefully the bulls can turn it around, there was few murmurs circling the grounds that there’s a bit of discontent between the coach and playing group… time will tell

Ventured down to moon dog park for a couple of fruity beers and a Zaatar. The zaatar was good but the moon dogs like the bulls were no where to be seen.
A few of the op shops must of had a sale on this afternoon that the inner city lads couldn’t miss, needing some warmer clothes after their fancy holidays in warmer weather.
hopefully the bulls can turn it around, there was few murmurs circling the grounds that there’s a bit of discontent between the coach and playing group… time will tell
Disconnect is real, apparently bigbadbud is still waiting at the wrong container for a moon dogging, but it seems the jocs and house has moon dogged him for me.

Rain drops the bulls stop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the match report snags, was going to ask someone for one! Glad you enjoyed the Zaatar too 👍

I concur, the Zaatar was just what the doctor ordered on a cold and wet Saturday. Just a tip for the canteen, grab an updated price list and keep the cheese pies in the oven for another 2-3 minutes - evens the temp out throughout the pie.

Not sure what was harder on Saturday, trying to find a carpark or the Bulls kicking a goal. 4 goals combined for both senior teams for the day. I must acknowledge the woman, who banged on 20+ goals before the weather turned in the early start.

Full credit to Powerhouse though, the Irishman stepped up in conditions more suited to the Emerald Isle and played a brand of footy that surely has them equal favs with the Jocs' as we head into the last month of the season. Final 3 games at home is a huge advantage.

Both 1's and 2's are going along just nicely at the minute.

Unrelated - I was informed that a turf wicket is being put in at Allard Park once the footy season is over, it will certainly change the existing configuration of the oval once completed. Could be a delayed start to 2025 for the Bulls.

Unrelated - I was informed that a turf wicket is being put in at Allard Park once the footy season is over, it will certainly change the existing configuration of the oval once completed. Could be a delayed start to 2025 for the Bulls.
I have heard from a reliable sauce who has ties to the merri-bek council, that their application for new lights came with a request of a 10,000 seat grand stand. Now that there does not leave this big footy forum.

the rumour I heard is that with the new wicket, new lights & new grandstand coming the BBL has no option but to give them a guernsey

Anyone got an update on Max Ellis? One of the biggest signings of 2024 for NB.

Haven't seen him listed the last couple of weeks - just wondering if he's transferred back to Fitzroy? If so, I wonder why?

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would explain all the reports and rumors of player unrest with the coach, poor form and lack of goal scoring prowess.

Would explain all the reports and rumors of player unrest with the coach, poor form and lack of goal scoring prowess.
Would also explain the lack of moondogs and bigmanbud's directions to go along with the lack of 2-3 minutes of microwave time for the zaatars and their hayfever like allergies to goals in particular.

Last edited:
Would also explain the lack of moondogs and bigmanbud's directions to go along with the lack of 2-3 minutes of microwave time for the zaatars and their hayfever like allergies to goals in particular.
Seems bigbadflog was happy to get handsy with hansie but has gone missing in the 2 weeks the bulls haven’t shown up? Poor form from the admitted ex apparent jocs coach

Seems bigbadflog was happy to get handsy with hansie but has gone missing in the 2 weeks the bulls haven’t shown up? Poor form from the admitted ex apparent jocs coach

Haha he wishes he could get Handsy with me!

Tips

NB
Chaddy (just)
Jocs
Fake snakes
Cobbies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back