D4 Division 4 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat's out of the bag... Lids are officially off... Dan Penny to kick 150 goals this year and BHN to lose by 1 point in GF to West Brunswick :)

1. Swinburne
2. Eley Park
3. Point cook
4. West Brunswick
5. Mt Lilydale
6. South Mornington
7. Box Hill North
8. Manningham
9. North Brunswick
10. Chadstone

- BHN 1 player doesn't make a team and especially if that player is a Penn! Good players but selfish!! Old Melburnians were terrible last year you would have been half a chance to get a run in the mid field.
- Chadstone still won’t win a game!
- Point Cook to fly up the ladder (C grade is a fair way off but)
- EP may have them mile wrong but alway seem to be strong and D4 seems to lack depth this year?

1. Swinburne
2. Eley Park
3. Point cook
4. West Brunswick
5. Mt Lilydale
6. South Mornington
7. Box Hill North
8. Manningham
9. North Brunswick
10. Chadstone

- BHN 1 player doesn't make a team and especially if that player is a Penn! Good players but selfish!! Old Melburnians were terrible last year you would have been half a chance to get a run in the mid field.
- Chadstone still won’t win a game!
- Point Cook to fly up the ladder (C grade is a fair way off but)
- EP may have them mile wrong but alway seem to be strong and D4 seems to lack depth this year?

Cosmo1, I would think that we will let kanes footy do the talking this season, I haven't said once that one player would make a team, in fact you did, I never said Kane is related to Dan and Mick Penny, (he's indeed not).

Old Melburnians had some very good players playing for them last season, let me name a few, Charlie Gardner, Simon Taylor, Jonno nash, Luke Casey-Leigh, the list goes on.

I am tipping if that you are a A'grade' ones player doesn't matter which A'grade' club it is, your going to do very well in D4.

Let's leave it at that

Cosmo1, I would think that we will let kanes footy do the talking this season, I haven't said once that one player would make a team, in fact you did, I never said Kane is related to Dan and Mick Penny, (he's indeed not).

Old Melburnians had some very good players playing for them last season, let me name a few, Charlie Gardner, Simon Taylor, Jonno nash, Luke Casey-Leigh, the list goes on.

I am tipping if that you are a A'grade' ones player doesn't matter which A'grade' club it is, your going to do very well in D4.

Let's leave it at that

Let's not!
There is plenty of talk that Kanes & Penn will make all the difference on here!! I didn't put Tiger Tail said.... so don’t get so defensive.
Now at what point did I say Kanes was related to Penn they were to separate observations (can see that was a bit confusing)
I agree he will be good but I think what he will find without the “A” grade footballer delivering “A” grade footy most player coming back struggle for a bit!
P.S are any of those blokes named still at OM’s?

Let's not!
There is plenty of talk that Kanes & Penn will make all the difference on here!! I didn't put Tiger Tail said.... so don’t get so defensive.
Now at what point did I say Kanes was related to Penn they were to separate observations (can see that was a bit confusing)
I agree he will be good but I think what he will find without the “A” grade footballer delivering “A” grade footy most player coming back struggle for a bit!

Correct, I am only standing up for Kane as he is my brother like anyone should. It came across to me in that way about the Penn's ect.

I think that if get the right players around each other the midfield will be good. I Now think it is up to the recruiting department to work hard on this, which I know they are doing!

How do I know this? it's because I'm the recruiting manager. I understand that Kane will not make the difference to win games all throughout the season, however we are working hard to recruit more players to help each other out on the park. Like all clubs are, I am sure.

Watch this space.....

P.s I think all those players have left for there own reasons at Om's however I was just naming a few of there players from last season.

Correct, I am only standing up for Kane as he is my brother like anyone should. It came across to me in that way about the Penn's ect.

I think that if get the right players around each other the midfield will be good. I Now think it is up to the recruiting department to work hard on this, which I know they are doing!

How do I know this? it's because I'm the recruiting manager. I understand that Kane will not make the difference to win games all throughout the season, however we are working hard to recruit more players to help each other out on the park. Like all clubs are, I am sure.

Watch this space.....

P.s I think all those players have left for there own reasons at Om's however I was just naming a few of there players from last season.

I will watch with interest, think you have a lot of work to do as they have been very average for years... Good luck to your brother, hope Penn has learnt how to handball over the pre-season... ;)

Thanks cosmo1 we will be right we have and will continue to work hard! You might see a few new faces in the ones this season at bhn, and of very good standard! The club like all clubs are always working hard to get new players! Dan penny is a very good player and is up there in the best in the comp! With better players around him he will only get better! And funny enough he was handballing beautiful at training last night!

Thanks cosmo1 we will be right we have and will continue to work hard! You might see a few new faces in the ones this season at bhn, and of very good standard! The club like all clubs are always working hard to get new players! Dan penny is a very good player and is up there in the best in the comp! With better players around him he will only get better! And funny enough he was handballing beautiful at training last night!

Oh and in relation to our form last year for example, I am not sure if you looked at our in's and out's when we were losing bad, but I think losing 6 of our best one's players going overseas together for a wedding for 5-6 weeks didn't help.

When we had a full list in last season we actually played good footy and beat some top teams, Eley park being one of those, including coming within two goals of the premiers at home early in the season.

A new coach, new game plans, a handful of good players coming in, we should improve.Espically with the kicking going into the forward line will improve, which will help our forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not!

I know someone at OM's and they rate him as a very good player......
Don't know what type of player he is but if he goes and gets his own ball, then he will do extremely well......

Big hit. Took him a while to get out though and see the light.........:D
Bit tough, Michael had not played senior footy last season. He umpired the reserves after knee injury from grand final previous year. He lives in the city so finding it hard to get to training.
MLOCFC have had great numbers for pre season. Despite this have lost two of there best onballers which will be hard to cover.
All the best to all teams for 2012. Every pre season we try and justify why our team will be premiers. For some one recruit will make them a premiership team. I'm sure round 1 can not come quick enough for everyone.

For the fun of it
Swinburne
South Mornington
Point Cook
Eley Park
North Brunswick
West Brunswick
Mt Lilydale
Chadstone
BHN
Manningham

Just noticed most are picking Mt Lilydale and West Brunswick to struggle a little this season. Maybe you know some things that I dont, but in the 8-9 years ive been involved with vafa from memory i think pretty much every side relegated to D4 comes down and does it fairly comfortably. I know this time of year we all seem to think this is the year. For a fact West Brunswick will be a stronger side than last season bar any major injuries which leads me to think they should just about go undefeated and as for Mt Lilydale they have run with two intra-club matches with around 60 blokes playing at each, by all reports nothing but a flag is good enough in 2012.

Just noticed most are picking Mt Lilydale and West Brunswick to struggle a little this season. Maybe you know some things that I dont, but in the 8-9 years ive been involved with vafa from memory i think pretty much every side relegated to D4 comes down and does it fairly comfortably. I know this time of year we all seem to think this is the year. For a fact West Brunswick will be a stronger side than last season bar any major injuries which leads me to think they should just about go undefeated and as for Mt Lilydale they have run with two intra-club matches with around 60 blokes playing at each, by all reports nothing but a flag is good enough in 2012.

Mt Lilydale have had a strong senior side for a number of years, however their reserves have always struggled with numbers causing them to probably never quite hit the mark, so its good to hear the numbers are strong, what do you think, are the chances of this trend continuing in 2012?

Mt Lilydale have had a strong senior side for a number of years, however their reserves have always struggled with numbers causing them to probably never quite hit the mark, so its good to hear the numbers are strong, what do you think, are the chances of this trend continuing in 2012?

Numbers have been the positive for Mt Lilydale. New coach from outside the club has created a bit of excitement. The fact is though to lose Tommy Wall and Alister Stuart will be hard to replace. The big thing as stated is you must have a competive reserves which hopefully they will have. For everyone else the ground is looking good since drainage has been done. The boys are looking forward to training on there ground soon. First of three practice matches start this weekend. Will let you know my thoughts.

Numbers have been the positive for Mt Lilydale. New coach from outside the club has created a bit of excitement. The fact is though to lose Tommy Wall and Alister Stuart will be hard to replace. The big thing as stated is you must have a competive reserves which hopefully they will have. For everyone else the ground is looking good since drainage has been done. The boys are looking forward to training on there ground soon. First of three practice matches start this weekend. Will let you know my thoughts.
My tip is not to underestimate the hillbillies from the hills this year they were super strong two years ago and from all reports should be able to cover the three big player losses. Hope they have a big year! See how they go when they are over this way???

Not to good for the Rams so far. Played Yarra Glen and got taught a football lesson. Positive from the day was the reserves. New coach impressive and some new faces showed some talent. Seniors lost by about 90points.
Alexandra on the weekend 6qtr game. Twos showed glimpses but did not run in numbers. Lucas Nally back from injury last year was highlight. Seniors got beat in every aspect of a football game. Few missing but should not matter. Lost a new onballer in first minute of game with broken ankle. Not sure final result but lost by atleast 10 goals. Yarra Junction to go this weekend. New senior coach may have his job cut out for him if things don't improve this week. Good luck to VAFA rep sides against EFL this weekend.

As per AFL, practice match results won't have a massive bearing on the season proper - you never really know how strong the other side is, especially when they come from a different league.

As per AFL, practice match results won't have a massive bearing on the season proper - you never really know how strong the other side is, especially when they come from a different league.

Couldn't agree anymore, I wouldn't read into that at all. The team they played may have been alot stronger then them.

Mt Lilydale will be a strong team in D4 this season don't worry about that.

Swinburne have signed a returning champion Simon Frangiacomo. Played for 7 years in A & B Grade playing in many senior VAFA state games. Will tear it up. No one will catch him. Put money on him for the League B&F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back