D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spose it just shows that Nth Brunswick can't kick straight, so against most teams besides Chaddy they may struggle to win.

... and Box Hill North Kicked 1.9 in the last quarter. The wind was quite swirly out there at times.

It was a great tussle all day, and basically came down to which team could kick more goals into the breeze.

Round 2 Tips
South Mornington vs North Brunswick - SM by 2 goals.
Box Hill North vs Point Cook - BHN by 1 goal.
Manningham Cobras vs Richmond Central - RC by 1 goal.
St Francis Xavier vs Chadstone - SFX by 20 goals.
Swinburne Uni vs Eley Park - SU by 3 goals.

Reserves: SM, BHN, RC, SFX, SU

South Mornington vs North Brunswick
Box Hill North vs Point Cook
Manningham Cobras vs Richmond Central
St Francis Xavier vs Chadstone
Swinburne Uni vs Eley Park (Very interesting game this)

Reserves: SM, BHN, RC, SFX, SU (agreed)

South Mornington vs North Brunswick 4 Goals
Box Hill North vs Point Cook 3 points
Manningham Cobras vs Richmond Central 3 Goals
St Francis Xavier vs Chadstone 22goals
Swinburne Uni vs Eley Park 5 points

South Mornington v North Brunswick - we have heard that the swamp boys are 'up and about' so I expect a victory in the margin of 200 - 300 points (dependant on how accurate the brunny lads are).
Box Hill North v Point Cook - point cook might rock up at oval #1 instead of #2 in box hill's multiple ground precinct. This could play with their minds.
Manningham v Richmond - battle of the serpents, with the cobras running out close winners due only to their specificity of nickname.
St Francis Xavier v Chadstone - not as lopsided a win as south mornington will achieve on saturday, but not far behind. 25 goals.
Swinburne v Eley Park - assuming the middle of the ground will resemble the poo farm mid winter, expect a close tussle to go to whoever can use the inevitable gale blowing straight down the guts.

South Mornington v North Brunswick - we have heard that the swamp boys are 'up and about' so I expect a victory in the margin of 200 - 300 points (dependant on how accurate the brunny lads are).

saying we are UP AND ABOUT does not mean we think we are going to win games by 200 points, all it means is that we are UP AND ABOUT :thumbsu:

Box Hill North v Point Cook - point cook might rock up at oval #1 instead of #2 in box hill's multiple ground precinct. This could play with their minds.
Manningham v Richmond - battle of the serpents, with the cobras running out close winners due only to their specificity of nickname.
St Francis Xavier v Chadstone - not as lopsided a win as south mornington will achieve on saturday, but not far behind. 25 goals.
Swinburne v Eley Park - assuming the middle of the ground will resemble the poo farm mid winter, expect a close tussle to go to whoever can use the inevitable gale blowing straight down the guts.

I look forward to your weekly tips fui. Perhaps a gig at the comedy festival looms given your humorous powers of observation. Mark Watson watch out, there could be another bearded comedian on the rise!

Very interesting transfer to the Cobras overnight. My sources tell me that all is well and that the mood at the club is very positive.

South Mornington v NB, South at home will hopefully be to strong, South by 37 points BHN v Point Cook, BHN play there ground well and should beat PC easily, BHN by 45 points. Cobras v Richmond, is Really back?? Regardless I liked what I saw from RC in the first half last week, RC by 13 points. St Francis v chadstone, I've got a bad feeling chadstone have got worse after last weeks results, SFX by 154 points. Swinburne v Eley, Eley off a solid win, Swinburne easy win last week, gonna tip Eley in a close one, Eley by 4 points. Reserves: SM, BHN, RC, SFX, SWIN

Iv been keeping a close eye on young dean Sutherland and his mate Dylan Nicholson from RC... The last couple of games iv seen them in they have both really impressed me... Although dean needs to keep his head at times I really enjoy going to the local footy and watching young players like these. Any other players that I should keep an eye out for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iv been keeping a close eye on young dean Sutherland and his mate Dylan Nicholson from RC... The last couple of games iv seen them in they have both really impressed me... Although dean needs to keep his head at times I really enjoy going to the local footy and watching young players like these. Any other players that I should keep an eye out for?

There a young emerging kid down south who shows some promise this year P Johns, kid has poise, speed,foot skills, and a remarkable way of keeping his own stats while playing!!:):)

So have followed the forum for a lot of years under different pseudonyms but thought I would join the conversation under my own name or nickname anyway. Interesting first couple of rounds this season. Here is my prediction for the ladder in 2011.

1. Eley Park
2. Swinburne Uni
3. North Brunswick
4. Box Hill North
5. South Mornington
6. Richmond Central
7. St Francis Xavier
8. Manningham Cobras
9. Point Cook
10. Chadstone

I think the top 2 teams are looking very strong and you could throw a blanket over 3rd - 8th. It will come down to winning your games at home and stealing a couple of good away wins. To use a cliche a lot of 8 point games this year.

New player to watch Number 5 for North Brunswick, a very quick and smart forward. Will cause some head aches this year, good hands and really quick on the lead.

What's the story with Chadstone? Are they short on players or just struggling to find their feet?

Interested to know because I'm looking for a club after not playing for a few years due to work and travel. Used to play for a D3 club but I only played magoos as I could never train because of work. Not an issue at the moment though.

What's the story with Chadstone? Are they short on players or just struggling to find their feet?

Interested to know because I'm looking for a club after not playing for a few years due to work and travel. Used to play for a D3 club but I only played magoos as I could never train because of work. Not an issue at the moment though.

short on players. only fielded 17 players on sat. with d3 experience youd go strate onto the ball.

In my experience Chadstone or Syndal Tally Ho have always been an interesting side to deal with over the last five or so years.

Their committee and off field supporters have been good, honest, hard working and reliable people who have always seemed to want what is best for the club. They have had an interesting assortment of characters through their football department however and I remember seeing a coach and player nearly punching on, on the sidelines a few years ago.

It would be frustrating being cellar dwellers for so long but have found that they are quite happy to go the snipe, particularly in the reserves, the seniors is normally a much cleaner game.

They have some great people there though and it would be a shame if they were unable to get it together and stick around in the future.

In my experience Chadstone or Syndal Tally Ho have always been an interesting side to deal with over the last five or so years.

Their committee and off field supporters have been good, honest, hard working and reliable people who have always seemed to want what is best for the club. They have had an interesting assortment of characters through their football department however and I remember seeing a coach and player nearly punching on, on the sidelines a few years ago.

It would be frustrating being cellar dwellers for so long but have found that they are quite happy to go the snipe, particularly in the reserves, the seniors is normally a much cleaner game.

They have some great people there though and it would be a shame if they were unable to get it together and stick around in the future.
There were a few dirty two sides last season Nth B'wick, Mt Lilydale, Box Hill, Sth Mornington, Eley Park and Point Cook all had their fair share of snipers. Who do you play for Crazy ?.

Sounds like it might be worth a shot, I like the sound of the people involved in the club.

Building from the bottom is appealing to me.

As for snipers, to my best recollection there were plenty in the d3 reserves. One game in particular comes to mind. I was getting alot of the footy early across half back and as a result got knocked out of the game. Lost half a tooth from it too.

Still, after four years out the old footy blood is pumping again so I may well give it a shot.

So have followed the forum for a lot of years under different pseudonyms but thought I would join the conversation under my own name or nickname anyway. Interesting first couple of rounds this season. Here is my prediction for the ladder in 2011.

1. Eley Park
2. Swinburne Uni
3. North Brunswick
4. Box Hill North
5. South Mornington
6. Richmond Central
7. St Francis Xavier
8. Manningham Cobras
9. Point Cook
10. Chadstone

I think the top 2 teams are looking very strong and you could throw a blanket over 3rd - 8th. It will come down to winning your games at home and stealing a couple of good away wins. To use a cliche a lot of 8 point games this year.

New player to watch Number 5 for North Brunswick, a very quick and smart forward. Will cause some head aches this year, good hands and really quick on the lead.
Can anyone from Sth Mornington tell me how No. 5 of Nth B'wick went on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back