D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like it might be worth a shot, I like the sound of the people involved in the club.

Building from the bottom is appealing to me.

As for snipers, to my best recollection there were plenty in the d3 reserves. One game in particular comes to mind. I was getting alot of the footy early across half back and as a result got knocked out of the game. Lost half a tooth from it too.

Still, after four years out the old footy blood is pumping again so I may well give it a shot.

Good on ya mate, great attitude to have, hopefully you canget a few blokes to join you and get the club on the upward spiral.

A bit of D4 action on the VAFA Tribunal Page

Reported players
Daniel O'Regan - Manningham Cobras

Witnesses
Andrew Hourigan - Richmond Central
Tom Mitchell - South Mornington
Michael Clarke - South Mornington
Grant Ryan - South Mornington

Anyone care to elaborate?

No 5 for Nth Brunswick is Pat Notaro, and he missed the game on the weekend.

Hopefully that satisfies your man-crush.

Reported players

Witnesses

My understanding is the report was very soft and he was to be rubbed out for 3 weeks, the other player involved cannot even remember the incident so that just shows how soft it was. Supposably O'Regan pushed his head into the ground, a free kick for sure, suspension... well pretty soft.

Reported players

Witnesses

Gee, Clarkey back from Bangladesh on the red eye and with his mates somehow in two places at once. Playing at home v NB and at Koonung Res to be witnesses? Can't wait for the puzzle to be pieced together. Is there mulitple incidents here?

Looks like Davor Lucevic is also back at Allard Park too. Lasted 1 week away

I play for Box Hill North and have for a number of years. In fairness most teams in the twos can at times shift their focus from the footy. If North Brunswick won without Number 5 against South Mornington I am even more impressed.

Without Mt. Lilydale and Monash Gryphons in D4, the trash-talk on this forum has all but vanished. I miss it a bit.

I agree that (barring injuries to key players) this season is going to be hotly contested. Throw a blanket over the comp.

We (NB) had a character building victory, able to tough it out til the end with only two players on the bench for the second half. It was another good contest - two in as many weeks.

Without Mt. Lilydale and Monash Gryphons in D4, the trash-talk on this forum has all but vanished. I miss it a bit.

I agree that (barring injuries to key players) this season is going to be hotly contested. Throw a blanket over the comp.

We (NB) had a character building victory, able to tough it out til the end with only two players on the bench for the second half. It was another good contest - two in as many weeks.
Sounds like your boys have had two decent wins and against quality opposition. The boys from sth mornington are a bit quiet this week after being up and about the previous week , what happened during the game ? there are three witness's required at the tribunal from sth mornington, who ran amok. ?

Sounds like your boys have had two decent wins and against quality opposition. The boys from sth mornington are a bit quiet this week after being up and about the previous week , what happened during the game ? there are three witness's required at the tribunal from sth mornington, who ran amok. ?

South Mornington are at the tribunal for 2 seperate incidents which happened in our praccy match against Elsternwick.

Mate it's about time you changed your tune it's like a broken record, all you are doing is setting your club up for a grudge match.

I'm not saying anything about the incidents until the bloke gets rubbed out or acquitted, but seriously drongo you were not there and the game got called off early as a result and is it time to change your tune, its old hack and we are UP AND ABOUT

I noticed that Cookson played in the 2's on saturday, how did he go ? or more to the point will he be payed or is it only for seniors appearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played them first round and in my eyesyou couldn't be further from the truth, nothing cheap and played as fair as you'd expect. A couple of late hits but nothing I wouldn't do myself!

Played them first round and in my eyesyou couldn't be further from the truth, nothing cheap and played as fair as you'd expect. A couple of late hits but nothing I wouldn't do myself!

That's the spirit!

It was a surprising weekend of results...

Was South Mornington undermanned?

Were NB and Box Hill both underrated?

Were half of Swinburnes players studying or on school holidays?

All questions to be answered in week 3. Sorry to miss the big clash between RC and Swinburne. Sipping Beer Lao in Vientienne... but can still find time for you blokes :)

Cheers!

That's the spirit!

All questions to be answered in week 3. Sorry to miss the big clash between RC and Swinburne. Sipping Beer Lao in Vientienne... but can still find time for you blokes :)

Cheers!

It's only round 2 waz, long season i wouldn't get to excited.

I'm not saying anything about the incidents until the bloke gets rubbed out or acquitted, but seriously drongo you were not there and the game got called off early as a result and is it time to change your tune, its old hack and we are UP AND ABOUT

http://www.vafa.com.au/fileadmin/templates/index.php?id=1

http://www.vafa.com.au/index.php?id=147

Results of Tribunal – 19 April 2011
From Practice Match 2 April
Grant Culshaw, Elsternwick. Striking, 3 matches

Rubbed out! (Only 3 weeks? can't have been that bad). Tell us what happened.

That's the spirit!

Cheers!

NB will be hard to beat at Allard park this season. Will be around abouts in September to from what i saw in R1

Saw that a bloke from Elsternwick got rubbed out for 3. Care to elaborate now?
Must have been pretty bad to stop the match..behind play? Not what you want in a praccy..or any other match!

Saw that a bloke from Elsternwick got rubbed out for 3. Care to elaborate now?
Must have been pretty bad to stop the match..behind play? Not what you want in a praccy..or any other match!

Apparently SM dobbed in elsternwick player, no umpire report

Seems pretty soft considering SM gave as much as they got on day

South Mornington were involved in a number of incidents Vs Box Hill North in the practise match as well and certainly initiated a number of incidents by sniping or hitting first. They don't like it very much when they get hit back though... Box Hill North had three players at least who got punched in the head and face during the match.

Who is the tall forward for Manningham who looks as though he'd be too old to even play Super Rules? :D
He impressed me when I watched the game on the weekend, surely he must have played at a higher level earlier in his career?

South Mornington were involved in a number of incidents Vs Box Hill North in the practise match as well and certainly initiated a number of incidents by sniping or hitting first. They don't like it very much when they get hit back though... Box Hill North had three players at least who got punched in the head and face during the match.

you must be speaking of the reserves, and it was clearly ur bloke who started it. as for the 1's i didn't see anything wrong by either side, but i guess that kind of stuff happens in the 2's when you are losing by 12 goals

as for the Elsternwick match, Clark was king hit and the bloke came up and tried to apologize to him shortly afterwards, which is a putrid act in itself but worse that Clarky was not involved in any of the fracas.

you must be speaking of the reserves, and it was clearly ur bloke who started it. as for the 1's i didn't see anything wrong by either side, but i guess that kind of stuff happens in the 2's when you are losing by 12 goals

as for the Elsternwick match, Clark was king hit and the bloke came up and tried to apologize to him shortly afterwards, which is a putrid act in itself but worse that Clarky was not involved in any of the fracas.

Any player who king hits another is weak and they are scared oppotunists, 3 weeks is clearly not enough. The game is better off without these thugs.

Perhaps the Mt Scum poo farmers recruited rowdy roddy piper and they have got the reality check they so richly deserved?????????

Hmmmmm........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back