D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say Eley Park the club house leader, partially because I have more knowledge on Eley Park than on Swinburne and St. Francis Xavier and all assumptions at this point are based on very early form lines but judging by the clearances to Eley Park they have recruited well and had a solid team last year.

I think a pre season, some more quality players and a team that always has a crack are the leaders at this stage. I play for Box Hill North and haven't played them yet this year, so I hope they are not as good as I am talking them up to be, but they are showing a bit. I don't think any other teams results have stood out yet.

I agree CC, Eley Park do appear to be a quality outfit so far, keeping in mind it's only early days.
North play Eley next round, look forward to an assesment from yourself always an absolute cracker this one!

D4 has definately lifted in standard from the games that I have seen this year both praccy's and first 2 rounds,the glaring difference in the sides from my point of view has been ball handling skills and hitting targets with handballs or passes.Don't write Chaddy off yet,once the new training regime transposes into matches they just might surprise,could never discount their courage though,how many of you could front up for training and games after the last 2 years,takes pure commitment and guts.

how can you not write chaddy off? the first two roads have produced around the 200 point loses. It's a disgrace and for teams that play them are either thinking why are we playing them for its just going to be a joke, or they are thinking excellent for % for the ladder. I am sorry but even if there was a D5 they would still be a joke in that league.

how can you not write chaddy off? the first two roads have produced around the 200 point loses. It's a disgrace and for teams that play them are either thinking why are we playing them for its just going to be a joke, or they are thinking excellent for % for the ladder. I am sorry but even if there was a D5 they would still be a joke in that league.

Whilst it is hard to argue with the results i am curious, what is your problem with Chaddy?

In all seriousness Chadstone need to drop out of Div4 and spend a few seasons in Club XVIII similar to what Mt Lilydale & Eley Park did a few years ago. This way they would only need to field one team.

Poor Chaddy/Syndal havent been the same since someone deliebrately burned down there clubrooms in 2004.......

Or maybe they can defect to the SFL & play in Div 3.... Bentleigh have made a very smooth transition to the SFL at present.

In all seriousness Chadstone need to drop out of Div4 and spend a few seasons in Club XVIII similar to what Mt Lilydale & Eley Park did a few years ago. This way they would only need to field one team.

Poor Chaddy/Syndal havent been the same since someone deliebrately burned down there clubrooms in 2004.......

Or maybe they can defect to the SFL & play in Div 3.... Bentleigh have made a very smooth transition to the SFL at present.

Pretty sure that was 2001 wasn't it? And they won flags in seniors and ressies that year.

Do they have a junior structure anymore? I remember talking to their pres back then (a thick set greek fella) and he told me that they had three or four junior teams that were coming through.

Correct and very well said!

Very harsh words penn,"disgrace","joke"!!!Many sides have been down and turned themselves around.
I'll make you a bet that cannot possibly see you with a debt,I'll put up one weeks match payment to your nothing,if Chaddy don't win a game this season I'll put it on the bar at your club,if they win a game I'll put it on the bar at Chaddy.
Not 100% certain who you play for so after round 17,if it takes that long, you will have to pm me to confirm and we will see what happens.

Round 3 Tips

North Brunswick vs Point Cook - NB by 5 goals.
Box Hill North vs Eley Park - BHN by 1 goal.
Richmond Central vs Swinburne - SU by 1 goal.
Manningham vs Chadstone - MC by 10 goals.
St Francis Xavier vs South Mornington - SM by 2 goals.

Reserves: NB, BHN, SU, MC, SM

North Brunswick vs Point Cook - NB by 8 goals.
Box Hill North vs Eley Park - Eley Park 6 goals.
Richmond Central vs Swinburne - Swinburne by 15 points.
Manningham vs Chadstone - Cobras by 20 goals.
St Francis Xavier vs South Mornington - tough one to call....SFX by 3 goals at home.

Reserves: NB, EP, SU, MC, SM

Whispers has been thus far midly taken back the start of the D4 season. Whilst only two rounds in and there are still so many gallons of water to pass under the bridge I must say this Division is as wide open as I can ever recall.

Obviously taking away the "Witchers - hats" I really would struggle to pick out a couple of clear cut favourites.

Would like to point out that my predictions about Swinburne and Eley Park as being the front runners is already providing to be there abouts.

Havent heard much from my sparring partner Hummer21, which is obviously a relief to all in this thread.

Am venturing to the big clash of RCAFC vs. the Students this Saturday.
Would happily put this in the diary as Whispers match of the Round.

Whispers out

North Brunswick over Point Cook - 6 Goals
Swinburne just over Richmond Central - 19 points
Box Hill to guts out a win at home over Eley - 3 points after the siren in Pennys hundredth.
Manningham to strong for Chadstone - Pick a number
South Mornington and SFX - Think I will go with home advantage here, SFX by 3 goals.

Reserves
NB, RC, EP, MC, SM

Good luck all!

North Brunswick over Point Cook - 6 Goals
Swinburne just over Richmond Central - 19 points
Box Hill to guts out a win at home over Eley - 3 points after the siren in Pennys hundredth.
Manningham to strong for Chadstone - Pick a number
South Mornington and SFX - Think I will go with home advantage here, SFX by 3 goals.

Reserves
NB, RC, EP, MC, SM

Good luck all!

Brings back terrible memories of the corresponding game last season.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Brunswick v Point Cook - combined for an astounding 75 behinds this season, i feel it will be the brunswick boys who register the most behinds..and win
Box Hill North v Eley Park - sharks to give epbank some better memories for his lonely saturday nights.
Richmond v Swinburne - the razors look sharp, predict a 5 goal margin.
Manningham v Chadstone - no gold coast like victory here, 25+ goal victory.
St Francis Xavier v South Mornington - not sure what to think anymore after the 'up and about' lads got done, home team win by 20-22 points.

Round 3 Tips

North Brunswick vs Point Cook - NB by 5 points.
Box Hill North vs Eley Park - EP by 30 points.
Richmond Central vs Swinburne - SU by 25 points.
Manningham vs Chadstone - MC by 143 points.
St Francis Xavier vs South Mornington - SFX by 27 points.

Round 3 Tips

North Brunswick vs Point Cook - NB by 26 points.
Box Hill North vs Eley Park - EP by 12 points.
Richmond Central vs Swinburne - SU by 36 points.
Manningham vs Chadstone - MC by 120 points.
St Francis Xavier vs South Mornington - SFX by 48 points.

not sure where these tips for st francis xavier are coming from?

the blokes are no good soft as butter, they won 1 game last year and this year have beaten the cellar dwellers of d4 point cook and chadstone

SM both teams by 60+

You have left your self open now!

Good game down at BHN today.
High scoring affair with both sides playing fairly.
BHN gifted some easy goals by the umps in the last quarter but still deserved the win.
Pretty aids effort by the Eley Park boys to not stick around for a beer after the game.
Not 1 bloke stayed!!! Function or no function you guys are only 5 mins up the road so 1 beer is not too much to ask.

Oh and to the bloke I kicked (Ira?) when trying to kick the footy, hope you're okay buddy.
My foot is very very sore! This man played in good spirits and was a very good footballer.
Jethro!

What an interesting round of footy... South Mornington talk it up, get flogged and get in to fights again... but of course someone else started it, again!

The Eley Park Vs BHN game was skilful in patches with some peculiar umpiring decisions that went both ways. In the end I would say BHN got a couple of extra when it counted but were the better team in 3 out of 4 quarters with superior pressure around the ground. Congratulations to Dan Penny, a great captain and leader, kicked 9 in his 100th game today, when he shouldn't have been playing due to injury. This guy is seriously gutsy. Eley Park are a strong side and their two's were full of some extra run as well but suffered a couple of injuries today against BHN that will make it tougher in the next few weeks.

As for the rest of the competition, I think this weeks results cause more confusion than answers.

NB - Have been in sensational form but a convincing loss to PC has the pundits wondering what caused such a reversal in form. I think PC must have sorted themselves out and may be back in the pack for finals.

Swinburne Uni - My new clubhouse leader, spoke to a couple of Eley boys today and they were quite impressed with these boys. Thought they were lucky to get the win. Another solid victory for them against RC though have them as my new Club House leaders. Think they may be the team to beat at this stage.

MC - Too strong for an improving Chadstone... Someone has to hold the ladder up.

Now, I think SFX are in the top group for sure, their depth may be suspect this year but I am sure there top tier group is competitive with anyone in the competition. Good win. Will keep my eye on this mobs improvement.

Finally, SM... fantastic front runners, like to talk trash, like to snipe, like to blame everyone else. On the positive side of things they generally play the footy hard as well but seem to be lacking some direction. Disappointing start to the year. Could be one of the teams to drop down this year.

Just for fun, predictions for the final placings

SU
SFX
BHN
EP
NB
SM
RC
MC
PC
CH

Before the finals anyway. Just following the form lines and having a punt.

St Francis coach and President were jokes today. Took the field at 3 quarter time to start a fight with a SM player, had some pansy with a blow wave wearing pink shorts in tow, along with a couple of assorted noodle armed tryhards. Woeful example for their own supporters, but it was highly amusing seeing a bunch of anorexic noodle armed flogs throwing their chests around.

Not sure that was the case chestbrah, didn't see any of that, st f runner had a bit to say to one south player but there was nothing in it, from a spectator st f were far cleaner and harder at the ball in the first harf and the game was over at the main break, st f will be hard to beat, our boys alot of hard work to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back