D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/b]

Waz, that is the whole basis for why they should drop down. How do they get cattle when their seniors haven't won a game for 3 years and currently average 23 points a game, while their 2's average 14 points a game and haven't scored in 2 games.

Who will go to a well coached, well run, great facilities, great blokes club iif they are getting beaten by 200 points each week.

Answer - No One!!!

Even if you get a whole team of soccer players, rugby players, tennis players... As long as you get good numbers, and get fit, you will win games in D4 reserves. That will then filter up to the seniors.

We went from 0-18 in the seniors to 7-11 in one year. It can be done.

Even if you get a whole team of soccer players, rugby players, tennis players... As long as you get good numbers, and get fit, you will win games in D4 reserves. That will then filter up to the seniors.

We went from 0-18 in the seniors to 7-11 in one year. It can be done.

Richmond & Manningham both know how hard it is to attract players when you're struggling like crazy. I've always believed in getting the off-field right & the on-field will follow.

If Chadstone are as good off-field as people are saying then on-field will eventually follow.

Let's face it - it's D4 - it only takes a few blokes & things can turn quickly. Massive kudos for blokes like Daicos that go down there with no affiliation & give it a crack at turning it around. I don't know how many mates he's got that might go down, or if he can play; but a good attitude is a terrifc starting point.

To sustain longevity and be really successful you need to affiliate/align yourself with a school. Surely in that area there needs to be a school/market that you can tap into.

Each yr the game gets quicker & quicker and to be successful you need youth. Bringing players in at 18yrs of age will result in long term success.

By plugging holes with blokes that are over 30 is not the answer thus only provides a short term fix.

Ever heard of the sayings that it is a ''young man's'' game, ''blokes need to know there limitations'' or ‘‘it’s a sad a day to see a great man pass but even a sadder day to see greatness pass the man''.

Go on Chadstone bite the bullet and bring the youth in.... It may take time but you will reap the benefits in the long run.

Look at the clubs that successful this yr - Prahan/Assumption, Whitefairs, Therry/Penola, SFX, Yarra Valley all have strong school support, youth & speed on there side.

Good luck I am sure you will turn it around & apologies for requesting a game against North Sunshine didn’t mean to offend.....

To sustain longevity and be really successful you need to affiliate/align yourself with a school. Surely in that area there needs to be a school/market that you can tap into.

Each yr the game gets quicker & quicker and to be successful you need youth. Bringing players in at 18yrs of age will result in long term success.

By plugging holes with blokes that are over 30 is not the answer thus only provides a short term fix.

Ever heard of the sayings that it is a ''young man's'' game, ''blokes need to know there limitations'' or ‘‘it’s a sad a day to see a great man pass but even a sadder day to see greatness pass the man''.

Go on Chadstone bite the bullet and bring the youth in.... It may take time but you will reap the benefits in the long run.

Look at the clubs that successful this yr - Prahan/Assumption, Whitefairs, Therry/Penola, SFX, Yarra Valley all have strong school support, youth & speed on there side.

Good luck I am sure you will turn it around & apologies for requesting a game against North Sunshine didn’t mean to offend.....

Quite clearly an affiliation with a school is going to help, im just curious as to which school you suggest Chadstone affiliates itself with?

As we enter the Half way stage of the year I think it would be an opportunistic time te re - assess our predictions for the top four.

Whispers likes :

1. SFX 2. RCAFC 3. Swinburne 4. Eley Park

Whispers Out.

I play reserves and have every week down at chadstone. We may get beat but some of us still want to play football.

Its my first year and i am attempting to bring new people with me.

We play cause its fun its only a matter of time before others jump on board

I have seen this first hand with my old club in the o&k

How about we all let up on hanging it on Chadstone..... They do a fantastic job to front up each week! There is a few teams that aren't going to flash either....for all the supposed money they splash out MANNINGHAM aren't going that great! Imagine if they werent doing things that people claim they are!

RAFC were called up to VAFA HQ not long ago to state their case for why they should be allowed to stay in the comp.

Speaking to the Chaddy coach the other day, they are heading in the right direction!

Keep it up guys, I believe you will have a win before the end of the year!

How about we all let up on hanging it on Chadstone..... They do a fantastic job to front up each week! There is a few teams that aren't going to flash either....for all the supposed money they splash out MANNINGHAM aren't going that great! Imagine if they werent doing things that people claim they are!

RAFC were called up to VAFA HQ not long ago to state their case for why they should be allowed to stay in the comp.

Speaking to the Chaddy coach the other day, they are heading in the right direction!

Agree on everything except that Slurpee, hope they do get a win but can't see it happening! Next year they should though :thumbsu:

Money being splashed out at Manningham gee thats a first......

Please explain King Kobra??

I thought they all play there just to play on the beautiful Koonung grass, the scenic tennis courts & the cosmopolitan Bulleen surroundings....

Who do you think would actually win out of Chadstone and North Sunshine?

Has anyone seen both teams play?

I'd sell my first born to see the game played out. If you filmed it, you'd get about a years worth of "almost football legends" footage

I have it on very very good authority that Manningham decided not to come clean in the amnesty period and that they are on the top of the VAFA's investigation list that begins in July.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without sounding completely insane, I would attend this game, and show my support to helping one of the clubs get up.

It would be fitting if it was a draw, would it not?

Keep it up guys, I believe you will have a win before the end of the year![/quote]

Against who, they haven't got within 150 points of anyone. Unless a whole club comes down with swine flu and the trainers and support staff have to play, then they have no chance.

time for chaddy to throw down the gaunlet to sfl's finest...........endeavour hills or caulfield.better still merge with caulfield..do they really pay in d4? manningham must have caught on from a neighbour a few grades up

Flag Odds

Seniors

SFX - $1.80
SU - $6.00
RC - $6.00
EP - $7.50
SM - $12.00
NB - $16.00
PC - $22.00
BHN - $26.00
MC - $26.00
CH - $1000.00

Reserves

SM - $1.40
SFX - $4.50
RC - $6.00
SU - $10.00
NB - $12.50
MC - $16.00
EP - $45.00
BHN - $66.00
PC - $101.00
CH - $1000.00

I haven't played SFX yet but Richmond are definitely the best I've played so far in the twos.

Good to see some decent discussion on here instead of the usual "witches hats" shit. It is hard to cop big losses all the time but you will not see any of the boys walk away from the club. Everyone is determined to get better and become competitive.

In the seconds we played PC a few weeks ago and we didn't have a bench as normal. But we were mostly competitive and actually won the third quarter convincingly, only dropped away at the end due to a lack of legs. But that game certainly gave us heart. We weren't terrible against NB either but started terribly. Don't want to talk about last Saturday....

Not interested in playing against North Sunshine, just don't see the point. Would rather we worked towards winning a game in our division. Likewise I don't think the club has even so much as contemplated dropping out of the VAFA, so scrap that as a discussion point.

As for those taking cheap pot shots, maybe come up to me on the field and suggest I take part in an egg and spoon race. We'll see what happens then.

I haven't played SFX yet but Richmond are definitely the best I've played so far in the twos.

Good to see some decent discussion on here instead of the usual "witches hats" shit. It is hard to cop big losses all the time but you will not see any of the boys walk away from the club. Everyone is determined to get better and become competitive.

In the seconds we played PC a few weeks ago and we didn't have a bench as normal. But we were mostly competitive and actually won the third quarter convincingly, only dropped away at the end due to a lack of legs. But that game certainly gave us heart. We weren't terrible against NB either but started terribly. Don't want to talk about last Saturday....

Not interested in playing against North Sunshine, just don't see the point. Would rather we worked towards winning a game in our division. Likewise I don't think the club has even so much as contemplated dropping out of the VAFA, so scrap that as a discussion point.

As for those taking cheap pot shots, maybe come up to me on the field and suggest I take part in an egg and spoon race. We'll see what happens then.

Gotta learn which of the Chaddy boys are on BF.
I've recently headed down to Chaddy to have a kick, and although its a small group, you couldn't meet a better bunch of blokes. Last week was probably the low point of my sporting career, simply outsized, outclasses and out ran in every area. That said, RC's 2nds could probably give a few 1sts sides a hell of a run. Some very big boys out there.

How can Chaddy improve, the simple stuff. Hard work on the track during the week, consistent numbers on the track, and we are probably in need of a couple of quality players to help bolster the 1sts. Looking forward to getting back out there in a bit over a week and fronting up against Eley Park.

Gotta learn which of the Chaddy boys are on BF.
I've recently headed down to Chaddy to have a kick, and although its a small group, you couldn't meet a better bunch of blokes. Last week was probably the low point of my sporting career, simply outsized, outclasses and out ran in every area. That said, RC's 2nds could probably give a few 1sts sides a hell of a run. Some very big boys out there.

How can Chaddy improve, the simple stuff. Hard work on the track during the week, consistent numbers on the track, and we are probably in need of a couple of quality players to help bolster the 1sts. Looking forward to getting back out there in a bit over a week and fronting up against Eley Park.

Good to see big Matty Browne out there for his first game after injuring himself in the preseason opener. The Chaddy ruckmen gave up contesting in the second half... Can't blame them though :)

Flag Odds

Seniors

SFX - $1.80
SU - $6.00
RC - $6.00
EP - $7.50
SM - $12.00
NB - $16.00
PC - $22.00
BHN - $26.00
MC - $26.00
CH - $1000.00

Reserves

SM - $1.40
SFX - $4.50
RC - $6.00
SU - $10.00
NB - $12.50
MC - $16.00
EP - $45.00
BHN - $66.00
PC - $101.00
CH - $1000.00

How about some finals odds Buck?

Swinburne and SFX are probably locks... but it's still wide open for everyone else.

BHN nearly pulled off the upset of the year. (1st v 9th)
NB nearly pulled one out against Swinburne... Tough loss after a draw in the reserves. (7th v 2nd)

Two games separate 3rd to 9th on the ladder after 8 rounds. All of those sides clearly can still play finals, and by last weekends results, still have a claim at a flag?

Good to see big Matty Browne out there for his first game after injuring himself in the preseason opener. The Chaddy ruckmen gave up contesting in the second half... Can't blame them though :)

Haha, that was me (well the smaller one anyway), I was contesting, just not getting anywhere near it. Bigger, stronger and better leap, wasn't much I could do. Not a ruckman's rear end.

Haha, that was me (well the smaller one anyway), I was contesting, just not getting anywhere near it. Bigger, stronger and better leap, wasn't much I could do. Not a ruckman's rear end.

HAHA, at least your having a crack mate. Having been where Chaddy is now (Was and am still coach of RCAFC 2's) and all I can say is keep at it. Your hard work will pay off and on talking to one of your officials on Saturday it does seem like you guys are on the right path. Problem is, that path takes a while to bare fruit. Your number 47? (Longish hair, skinny kid) and your BP where very good players too, both played quite well. Don't underestimate how much difference the lack of a Bench has too. (Worth 5 to 10 goals on occassions) Keep working hard guys and it will pay off before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back