D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA, at least your having a crack mate. Having been where Chaddy is now (Was and am still coach of RCAFC 2's) and all I can say is keep at it. Your hard work will pay off and on talking to one of your officials on Saturday it does seem like you guys are on the right path. Problem is, that path takes a while to bare fruit. Your number 47? (Longish hair, skinny kid) and your BP where very good players too, both played quite well. Don't underestimate how much difference the lack of a Bench has too. (Worth 5 to 10 goals on occassions) Keep working hard guys and it will pay off before you know it.

Lakey11, having seen your team run around this year. Fair to say it is the best RC Reserves team for a while. Still think SM are 6 goals better than most, however SFX and RC will be fighting it out for a GF spot.

Haha, that was me (well the smaller one anyway), I was contesting, just not getting anywhere near it. Bigger, stronger and better leap, wasn't much I could do. Not a ruckman's rear end.

Haha I rucked in the ones for RC mate and there is no way I'd beat browney, you were up against it! Keep on keeping on!

Lakey11, having seen your team run around this year. Fair to say it is the best RC Reserves team for a while. Still think SM are 6 goals better than most, however SFX and RC will be fighting it out for a GF spot.

SM gave the RC 2's a hiding in round one and are definitely the team to beat, however there has been more than a few late recruits to RC since then as well as blokes coming back from injury so it'd be a great game to watch i'd reckon!

HAHA, at least your having a crack mate. Having been where Chaddy is now (Was and am still coach of RCAFC 2's) and all I can say is keep at it. Your hard work will pay off and on talking to one of your officials on Saturday it does seem like you guys are on the right path. Problem is, that path takes a while to bare fruit. Your number 47? (Longish hair, skinny kid) and your BP where very good players too, both played quite well. Don't underestimate how much difference the lack of a Bench has too. (Worth 5 to 10 goals on occassions) Keep working hard guys and it will pay off before you know it.

I'm guessing by back pocket you mean Lukey B, and yeah, he is a gun. I'm still learning most of the blokes names down there. They boys put in, but unfortunately on Saturday we were just nowhere. Numbers will help when we get them down, and a few blokes of decent size in the 2s would be helpful.

I reckon your right Buck. SM are looking seriously good at the mo, and have been the benchmark in the two's all year. Don't know what has happened to NB, but there we also looking good....And yes, this is by far the best our ressies have been since prob 1994.....

I'm guessing by back pocket you mean Lukey B, and yeah, he is a gun. I'm still learning most of the blokes names down there. They boys put in, but unfortunately on Saturday we were just nowhere. Numbers will help when we get them down, and a few blokes of decent size in the 2s would be helpful.

Haha thanks for the compliment

Seriously thou, I remember playing against RC 2's a few years back and they were the easy beats. Hardly a contest, now look where they're at.

I have played senior teams in the country that arnt as good as their twos.

I think the break has come at a good time for most teams, allowing many players to get over injuries or find a liitle more fitness. I will be a massive second half of the season with a few defining games in the early rounds after the break.

Think it will finish like this:

1. SFX - nearly wrapped up top spot
2. RAFC - looking to bulild on some good form going into the break. Defining game against swinburne at St James park round 10
3. Swinburne - refer above. Have a tendancy to drop off towards the end of the season.
4. Eley Park - need to find a little consistency.

5. Point Cook - very hard to beat at home, rabble away.
6. Manningham - Season defining game next week against Swinburne, if they loose could slip 3 games of the pace. Dont think its the cobras year.
7. NB - to make the finals must capitalise on home games and pinch one or two away.
8. South M - Dropped to many games in the first half of teh season.
9. BHN - struggling
10. Chaddy - just looking for improvement.

Round 9...

BHN @ South Morn - The Tigers are back in the hunt, and Citation is a tough ground to play on.

Eley Park @ Chadstone

Richmond Central @ Point Cook - Would be nice.

NB @ SFX - NB were valiant last week, and SFX struggled... but It's hard to tip against them.

Manningham @ Swinburne - I'm tipping the upset. I get the feeling the students haven't been travelling too well of late, despite their record. Manningham are desperate.

Reserves: SM, EP, RC, SFX, Draw.

Two questions for the group.

Now that there are no massive grounds in D4 do people really believe there is much of a home ground advantage? I for one think only road trips such as Sth Mornington to Point Cook really matter.

As there is really no rep football for sides in the "D" sections do you think it would be silly to play an all D4 vs all D3 game? I know the comp is better higher but I think there are more than enough handy players to make a competitive side. I just think it would be a great way of recognising talent in the lower divisions.

Now that there are no massive grounds in D4 do people really believe there is much of a home ground advantage? I for one think only road trips such as Sth Mornington to Point Cook really matter.

As there is really no rep football for sides in the "D" sections do you think it would be silly to play an all D4 vs all D3 game? I know the comp is better higher but I think there are more than enough handy players to make a competitive side. I just think it would be a great way of recognising talent in the lower divisions.

Great idea buddy. D1vd2 and d3vd4. Would reward blokes for hard work. Gives great players in poor sides a grand final type game. How is Brad Ward going running around for Point Cook. Old teammate of mine. Great little fella

The rep side is selected from all teams in grades c-d4...

The rep side is selected from all teams in grades c-d4...

I know that, however how many players outside of the higher grades even get considered? Every league always posts about their team of the year etc. Why not actually pick one?

Hey Sorra,

Eley Park have an enormous Home Ground Advantage due to the shape / tilt of their ground. they always seem to push even the best sides there. Other than that, your pretty much spot on. (Although I reckon BHN struggle away from their ground...just too small!)

Hey Sorra,

Eley Park have an enormous Home Ground Advantage due to the shape / tilt of their ground. they always seem to push even the best sides there. Other than that, your pretty much spot on. (Although I reckon BHN struggle away from their ground...just too small!)

Yeah possibly Lakey.

I have only seen the advantage there as kicking the ball into the school when you need a well earned break - normally takes a while to get that thing back! But you may be right as they barely lost at home last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Mornington v Box Hill North - south seems to travelling better of late and should condtinue here..surge for the top 4 beginning
Chadstone v Eley Park - sharks in need of a % booster to aid ailing %.
Point Cook v Richmond - home team to win a close game to aid competition for the final 4, if RC & EP win a two game buffer appears.
St Francis Xavier v North Brunswick - the scenic views of Beaconsfield will not endear themselves to the city boys, with this road trip ending in a 10+ goal defeat.
Swinburne v Manningham - swinburne will be set to let loose after exams, with the books swapped for boots. rowdy friday night the only obstacle for a comfortable victory.

Round 9 Tips

South Mornington vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal
Chadstone vs Eley Park - EP by 20 goals
Point Cook vs Richmond Central - RC by 3 goals
St Francis Xavier vs North Brunswick - SFX by 7 goals
Swinburne Uni vs Manningham - SU by 2 goals.

Reserves: BHN, EP, RC, NB, MC

So quiet on here...

Nothing else to say but congratulate all teams on their reserves umpiring this season. The standard has definately improved in the last two years.

So quiet on here...

Nothing else to say but congratulate all teams on their reserves umpiring this season. The standard has definately improved in the last two years.

Very quiet here Warwick!

Big game for RC tomorrow, if we have a win it will give us a 2 game buffer in the top 4.
Good to see a few big inclusions into the ones, Trent 'The big wooden horse' Davey who has kicked 15 in the last two reserves games gets his chance in the ones after a bad ankle injury (which required a moonboot) earlier in the year.

Assistant Coach, Kieran 'Shmoopy' O'Dwyer is also back into the team after a few games in the magoos after being plagued by every injury under the sun, he also had a case of moonbootitis. Will be great to have his leadership back on the field though and the reserves will enjoy a heap more handball receives this week too.

Very quiet here Warwick!

Big game for RC tomorrow, if we have a win it will give us a 2 game buffer in the top 4.
Good to see a few big inclusions into the ones, Trent 'The big wooden horse' Davey who has kicked 15 in the last two reserves games gets his chance in the ones after a bad ankle injury (which required a moonboot) earlier in the year.

Assistant Coach, Kieran 'Shmoopy' O'Dwyer is also back into the team after a few games in the magoos after being plagued by every injury under the sun, he also had a case of moonbootitis. Will be great to have his leadership back on the field though and the reserves will enjoy a heap more handball receives this week too.

And a few less holding the ball penalties.

Good win by the Snakes at PC. Great to see big Shmoopy get through a game without an injury and bag 4.

I guess all the results went as expected. Bring on Swinburne next week.

Interesting to see South Morn have climbed up to 5th spot from 9th.

Now that we are half way through the season and the ladder seems to be settling down it could be a good time to ask a few questions of the readers of this forum.

Who is your Grand final quinella and then winner?

Who are the leaders for the individual awards (B&F and Leading Goalkicker)?

B & F will be Dimakopoulos

Goal Kicker probably B.Spencer.

Probably right Waz, though as a thought prompter (and because I don't feel like actual work) I have listed each clubs leading goalkicker and then who has been in their best the most according to vafa.com.au.

Box Hill Nth – L. Penny (53) – D. Penny, L. Desmond, T Manning (6 each)
Chadstone – 5 tied on 9. – D. Field, F. George (6 each)
Eley Park – I. Israel (32) – M. Costorphin, T. Millar (5 each)
Manningham – S. Rose (19) – W. De Vercelli (6)
Nth Brunswick – P. Notaro (36) – A. Jeffrey (7)
Point Cook – A. Marsh (52) – T. Cassidy (5)
Richmond Central – C. Traeger (37) – D. Pike (7)
St Francis – B. Spencer (57) – D. Dimakopoulos (6)
Sth Mornington – M. Clarke, W. Spencer (16 each) – B. Price (6)
Swinburne – C. Kilmartin (31) – A. Hyman, D. Lyon (6 each)

B & F Winner - Dimakopoulos

Goal Kicker - B Spencer

Senior GF - St. Francis Xavier - V - Swinburne

Reserves GF - South Mornington - V - Richmond Central

Can any South Mornington posters shed some further light on the SEN story this morning? Did Blackmore really 'moon' the crowd on Saturday? If so, one of the more outrageous incidents ive ever heard of on a football field.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back