D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few thoughts on the Div 4 Teams I have seen run around this year.

Manningham - Definitiely lost a few players from last year, they appear slower and a little smaller up forward. They still have a solid midfield, but will srtuggle to kick goals against the better defences. Bottom 4 based on what I have seen.

North Brunswick - Have improved a great deal and have picked up a few outside runners and a couple of impressive forwards. They have improved their defence and midfield and should finish between 4 and 6.

Richmond Central - Have quite a few new players and are a much bigger outfit than last year. Their forward line and midfield are much improved, however they seem to have lost a couple of key players in defence. Will finish between 4 and 6.

Swinburne - A very even team with a dominant on ball division. They have some excellent outside runners and an even spread of goal kickers. Top 3 Finish.

Eley Park - Excellent midfield and forward line, and probably boast the best player in the comp at the moment, although I have not yet seen the boys from SFX run around. Defence is probably their weakness and their reserves performance suggests depth may be an issue. Top 3 Finish.

Point Cook - Have a gun forwardand a good midfield. Defence is a little suspect, but they have certainly improved from last year. Bottom 4, but improving and will surprise a few.

Box Hill North - Much fitter team than last year and have a very solid defence and midfield. They have improved their ball movement into the forward line and Penny is certainly a very dangerous player. Will finish between 4 and 6.

South Mornington - Was a little disappointed with what I saw from South Mornington. They lack a dominating forward and their defence has lost some of its run from last year. Are genuinely hard at the ball for the most part, however can go the man at times. Bottom 4 finish.

Chadstone - Unfortunately for the boys from Chaddy, they will not get within 25 goals of anyone this year. Just completely outlclassed in all area's. Will finish last.

SFX - Are the only team I have not seen run around this year. I will be heading out to see them this week against Eley Park and am looking forward to it. Based on results thus far are the clear favourite at this stage.

As someone who once had a crack at umpiring the 2s(for the centrals btw) about a decade ago I can say for certain it is blokes like you that make it very difficult for clubs to find 2s umpires. I also played for 10 years(poorly) and I can tell you the umpiring gig was alot harder than playing. One thing you can gaurantee is that the opposition players think your a cheat and your own players get stuck into you for not giving them a fair go. You are on a hiding to nothing. I reckon every second umpire back then was a president and most sat on the committee in some form because it is to hard to find anyone else to do it.

The best comeback I ever heard was from a 2s umpire when a player had a crack at him over his standard of umpiring. He simply replied "Mate your player reserves in D4 footy and your having a crack at my standard of umpiring" It was enough said.

So rather than have a crack at the few blokes who have the guts to do what is the hardest job out there how about going up to them at the end of the game and saying thanks mate, I know its a Sh!t job but without blokes like you doing it then hacks like me would not get to play the game we love.

Great Call Shane, used to love playing with you but not being umpired by you.

Round 5 Tips:

North Brunswick v Manningham - who knows.
South Mornington v Chadstone - not much to be said, mornington in a canter.
Box Hill North v Richmond - no confidence in either teams what so ever, but for some reason would tip RC reserves with confidence against any team.
Point Cook v Swinburne - both teams are used to having a megan gale blowing straight up the guts, tip the razors to cut the home side to pieces.
St Francis Xavier v Eley Park - i'm sure a few of the lads are thinking that they are the best player in the comp, but we all know who you're talking about. EP in an upset.

Who is this best player? I think there may possibly be a few options from other clubs including a bloke from SFX he seems to go alright. Although this weekend may give us a better idea!

Eley Park - Excellent midfield and forward line, and probably boast the best player in the comp at the moment, although I have not yet seen the boys from SFX run around. Defence is probably their weakness and their reserves performance suggests depth may be an issue. Top 3 Finish.

Great review Buck. Based purely on results it appears that SFX are a fair bit in front of the pack at this stage. I think you could still throw a blanket over the rest of the sides (except Chaddy).

Look forward to seeing the results this weekend from what promises to be 4 cracking games.

Who is this best player? I think there may possibly be a few options from other clubs including a bloke from SFX he seems to go alright. Although this weekend may give us a better idea!

Based on what I have seen, these are the standout players from each club

Point Cook - Marsh
North Brunswick - Lucevic
Swinburne - Hyman
Mannigham - Cookson
South Mornington - Price
Richmond Central - Nicholson
Eley Park - Bennett
Box Hill North - Penny
Chadstone - N/A
SFX - ?????

Point Cook - Marsh
North Brunswick - Jeffrey
Swinburne - Hyman
Manningham - De vercelli
South Mornington - Price
Richmond Central - Woodberry
Eley Park - Bennett
Box Hill North - Penny
Chadstone - Booth
SFX - Dimmakopolous

Based on what I have seen, these are the standout players from each club

Point Cook - Marsh
North Brunswick - Lucevic
Swinburne - Hyman
Mannigham - Cookson
South Mornington - Price
Richmond Central - Nicholson
Eley Park - Bennett
Box Hill North - Penny
Chadstone - N/A
SFX - ?????

No disrespect to Ben - but I'm not sure you've seen Manningham play if you're rating him the standout player at the club this year.

Point Cook - Marsh
North Brunswick - Jeffrey
Swinburne - Hyman
Manningham - De vercelli
South Mornington - Price
Richmond Central - Woodberry
Eley Park - Bennett
Box Hill North - Penny
Chadstone - Booth
SFX - Dimmakopolous

EleyPark: Matt 'Horse' Corstorphin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you're only looking at one end of the ground RM.
Penny's only played 2 good games for the year, albeit the last 2.
Manning has destroyed oppositions this year and made some pretty quick players look very slow and ordinary.

You could also throw Van den Akker in for BHN.

Can take a strong mark and makes good decisions ... if only he could learn to stick on his opponent he'd be a really good backman.

Round 5 Tips:

North Brunswick v Manningham - North should win this at home.
South Mornington v Chadstone - Come on chadstone.
Box Hill North v Richmond - RC by 1 point.
Point Cook v Swinburne - Swinburne to bounce back, but it may be closer than people think.
St Francis Xavier v Eley Park - Easily match of the season so far. I'm taking the home side by about 5 goals.

Reserves:

NB, SM, RC, SW, EP

You could also throw Van den Akker in for BHN.

Can take a strong mark and makes good decisions ... if only he could learn to stick on his opponent he'd be a really good backman.
van den Akker is a battler at best RM,
however I take umbrage to your remarks re: him being unaccountable.
I frequently see him manning up the opposition ruckman who often floats down to the forward line unchecked.:thumbsu:

Should be a good game at Elgar Park this week. Tough task for the RC ruckman. Have yet to see Ruck Machine lose a hitout this season!

van den Akker is a battler at best RM,
however I take umbrage to your remarks re: him being unaccountable.
I frequently see him manning up the opposition ruckman who often floats down to the forward line unchecked.:thumbsu:

Should be a good game at Elgar Park this week. Tough task for the RC ruckman. Have yet to see Ruck Machine lose a hitout this season!

Being the RC ruckman I can confidently say that record will remain!

Great Call Shane, used to love playing with you but not being umpired by you.

Nah you have the wrong bloke. I assume your referring to Shane knuckles fenton who probably has not umpired for close to 15 years and umpired alot more than half a dozen games. Shane was a fantastic 2s umpire and an even better bloke. He was as fair as they come. Some of our blokes used to complain that he was too hard on us but one thing I learnt in the very few games I umpired was that players(especially those involved in the actual game being umpired) are incredibly biased towards there own side and are the last people who should judge.

1252532_1_M.jpg

Cool.

Whispers will be looking forward to watching the battle for the Volunteers Cup at Elgar Park.

The heavy conditions will have a unearthing effect on the final result this scribe predicts. The team that can remember the basics that we were all taught from the frosty mornings at Auskick when the jarred fingers and mudy knees were all part of the inclusive package that was early morning junior football.

Ruck Machine better be ready to be heavily watched and hence critiqued and I can almost see the head wobble from my keyboard from this prominent poster.

I challenge Hummer21 to come along to Elgar Park. I happen to know that is only a short drive from your residence and I would be eager to pull my Corolla up next to your White Camry and swap notes about your beloved RCAFC... front up or shut up.

Norfolk and Clew the challenge awaits yourself and RM the title of hitouts accumulator is only yours to loose.

All the best to those that are going to be enjoying the crocodile mile like conditions this weekend. There is an obvious bottle neck of teams that are pushing for that 3rd and 4th spot so I look forward to reading the results on Monday.

Whispers out

Whispers will be looking forward to watching the battle for the Volunteers Cup at Elgar Park.

The heavy conditions will have a unearthing effect on the final result this scribe predicts. The team that can remember the basics that we were all taught from the frosty mornings at Auskick when the jarred fingers and mudy knees were all part of the inclusive package that was early morning junior football.

Ruck Machine better be ready to be heavily watched and hence critiqued and I can almost see the head wobble from my keyboard from this prominent poster.

I challenge Hummer21 to come along to Elgar Park. I happen to know that is only a short drive from your residence and I would be eager to pull my Corolla up next to your White Camry and swap notes about your beloved RCAFC... front up or shut up.

Norfolk and Clew the challenge awaits yourself and RM the title of hitouts accumulator is only yours to loose.

All the best to those that are going to be enjoying the crocodile mile like conditions this weekend. There is an obvious bottle neck of teams that are pushing for that 3rd and 4th spot so I look forward to reading the results on Monday.

Whispers out
Given the predicted inclement weather would you like to have your performance critiqued? You can't get a touch in the dry, god knows what you're like in the wet. I'd give tomorrow a miss mate and catch up on some chores

You're our Ruckman?

We're doomed :)

Kotsa... I'm umpiring, so it'd be good if you could as well!

Seriously Waz, do you think I'd miss the opportunity to relax in my deck chair and take pot shots at you...sorry, I meant show my appreciation...?:)

Yet another negative comment from the man that is actualy an employee for the VAFA.

I take that as a rejection of my invitation. Shame, I needed someone to carry by footy bags to and from the rooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back