D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News filtering in here at VAFA HQ is that Trent 'Trojan' Davey is set to make his come back this weekend for RAFC. Trent has suprised all involved down at Central land. Two weeks ago it looked like the 'Big Horses' season was in disaray after a visit to the the vet, he was in a moon boot, having to have MRI's and sporting a massive knakle. Some say it is his strong christian faith that has seen him preform some sort of ressurection to be up and about this weekend!

All the best Trent for the weekend!!!

News filtering in here at VAFA HQ is that Trent 'Trojan' Davey is set to make his come back this weekend for RAFC. Trent has suprised all involved down at Central land. Two weeks ago it looked like the 'Big Horses' season was in disaray after a visit to the the vet, he was in a moon boot, having to have MRI's and sporting a massive knakle. Some say it is his strong christian faith that has seen him preform some sort of ressurection to be up and about this weekend!

All the best Trent for the weekend!!!

He killed manninghams ressies a while back... Been in the back paddock since.

Round 7 tips, gonna be some wet scrappy games tomorrow, Chaddy v NB, NB will be far too good for chaddy, NB by 94.... Richmond v Eley, is probably match of the round just, Eley has been in good form but I think richmonds forward line will be too tall for worts backs, Richmond in a close one by 11pts... Manningham v SFX, are manningham starting to find last years form?? SFX haven't put a foot wrong and I don't think they will hear, SFX by 34... Point Cook v South, Tough trip for us, started to find some form in the second half last week and probably should have won if we had of kicked straight, I think this could be the turning point of the season starting with a solid away win here, south by 23... Swinburne v BHN, haven't seen BHN yet, Swinburne looked ok without impressing me last week, gonna go with Swinburne at home by 25... Reserves: NB by 89, Rich by 33, SFX by 43, SM, SWIN by 13

So Manningham almost got the job done! They are obviously in much better form than at the start of the year. Would be good to hear a match report from Kooonung Reserve as the result was closer than most expected.

How are the grounds looking? RC's center square is starting to turn into a bog. I saw St James Park yesterday, and its looking very sticky in the middle. Any more rain and the whole ground could turn to mud.

Great game of footy out at Koonung.
An undermanned Cobras had the game in control at 3/4 time and are very dissapointed not to the get the chocholates.
Expect the X-men would be feeling like they pinched one but having said that they have some very good players that stood up when the game was up for grabs in the last stanza.
Cobras are finding some form and knew it would take some time to 'Gel' as per last season.
Another nice win from the Snakes.
Do the w/e results show that RC and MC are contenders?

Great game of footy out at Koonung.
An undermanned Cobras had the game in control at 3/4 time and are very dissapointed not to the get the chocholates.
Expect the X-men would be feeling like they pinched one but having said that they have some very good players that stood up when the game was up for grabs in the last stanza.
Cobras are finding some form and knew it would take some time to 'Gel' as per last season.
Another nice win from the Snakes.
Do the w/e results show that RC and MC are contenders?

It definately puts MC back into contention.

It seems like a team will need to get 10 or 11 wins to make the finals.

So it will a tough road for South Morn to win 8 of the next 11, but still possible.

Point Cook have surprised everyone to be in third spot. Big game this week @ Eley Park should test them...

The other big game is South Morn v Manningham at Citation. SM lose that game and they're seniors may be done for the year.

Its ridiculously even. Especially considering how tricky sides like PC and EP are at home and will continue to be all season. Thats a big game, and agree it will probably reveal how good PC are at this stage.

SM v MC - Cobras have had the wood over them last 3 x times, but they are a 5 goal better side at home so expect it to be a corker. Especially with SM season on the line.

A tricky trip for SU to NB who have a chance to consolidate in 2nd with RC to play the cellar dwellars and look to bridge the gap.

Shaping up as a very exciting year.

How are the grounds looking?

Jordan reserve was soaking wet and muddy on the clubroom side and virtually dry elsewhere. Allard Park holds up well (when it isn't raining).

I'm still miffed by a lot of the results this year. I think that injuries to key players might be the difference between playing finals and missing out this year.

Round 8:

Swinburne @ North Brun - Swinburne are looking like a formiddable side.
Manningham @ South Mornington - Desperate times at Citation. Expect fireworks. Especially against the Cobras.
SFX @ BHN - The small ground will confound SFX, but unfortnately for BHN, if Penny doesn't kick ten goals they struggle to win.
Chadstone @ Richmond Central
Point Cook @ Eley Park - Match of the round, should be very close. I'll take EP at home against such a new side.

Reserves:

Swinburne (what's happend to NB's reserves?)
South Morn by 100+ (Only SFX has got within 100?)
SFX
RC
EP

NB v SU - Students to get the bacon by 3 goals.
SM v MC - Cobras have to win this to be a contender.
BHN v SFX - Expect it to be tight early after a solid contest last week at Koonung, but SFX aren't undefeated for nothing.
RC v CH - Unfortunately for them (and the comp) CH have not improved. Could be a cricket score.
EP v PC - PC could be the real deal if they beat EP at home on the trickiest deck in D4, but cant see it happening at this stage.

2's: SU, SM, SFX, RC, EP

Round 8 Tips

North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni - SU by 6 goals.
South Mornington vs Manningham - MC by 3 goals.
Box Hill North vs St Francis Xavier - BHN by 1 goal.
Richmond Central vs Chadstone - RC by 20 goals.
Eley Park vs Point Cook - EP by 2 goals.

Reserves: NB, SM, BHN, RC, EP

Would like to extend my congratulations to Trent Davey of Richmond Centrals on kicking 5 majors last week. Trent looked more like 'Black Caviar' than the horse that was used in the movie 'Troy' on Saturday. Lets hope that the Chaddy reserves have a few supporters eating hot dogs on the boundary line this week to divert his hunger from goals to hot dogs!

Good luck on the weekend Trent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get this board mooooving, understand mostly bok hill norf posters under their rocks enjoying their best start to a season. if you throw you must catch.
bob29305 the look of bok hill north setup we have been told is called 'the morgue'. SFX to nail final nail in their coffin this week and another team will have the pleasure of seeing them continue their brilliant run of success.
Reading their match reports puts Goebels to shame you would guess they are flogging teams by 20 goals rather than losing by cricket scores. Still have to keep the brittle troops together. Prediction this week is Bok Hill to dominate SFX and just fall short by 100. Keep the good work going Lozza you might just exact revenge in a few weeks and reverse the result? A fact in life is not whether a team is overtrained or making excuses it is that no matter what way you mix it, shake it, eat it, believe it, sh*t = sh*t.
Enormous work by Kempy with South Mornington in the media recently.A great promoter of local footy.

Get this board mooooving, understand mostly bok hill norf posters under their rocks enjoying their best start to a season. if you throw you must catch.
bob29305 the look of bok hill north setup we have been told is called 'the morgue'. SFX to nail final nail in their coffin this week and another team will have the pleasure of seeing them continue their brilliant run of success.
Reading their match reports puts Goebels to shame you would guess they are flogging teams by 20 goals rather than losing by cricket scores. Still have to keep the brittle troops together. Prediction this week is Bok Hill to dominate SFX and just fall short by 100. Keep the good work going Lozza you might just exact revenge in a few weeks and reverse the result? A fact in life is not whether a team is overtrained or making excuses it is that no matter what way you mix it, shake it, eat it, believe it, sh*t = sh*t.
Enormous work by Kempy with South Mornington in the media recently.A great promoter of local footy.

Seriously - please don't associate with the cobras. What a stupid post. This is crap and I'd really prefer not to see posts like this. Maybe if you are a cobra you can come and see me tomorrow and we can discuss it.

???? I don't follow????

SM cop enough flak on here as it is, you are not going to help that!

Putrid post

Round 8 Tips

North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni - SU by 40 points, the students have impressed me the most (bar obviously SFX) and should romp this one in.
South Mornington vs Manningham- SM by 17 points, I liked the look of SM in our opening round encounter and despite their poor form in the win/loss column since, I reckon they'll bounce back in this one!
Box Hill North vs St Francis Xavier - The X-Men by a lazy 50 points.
Richmond Central vs Chadstone - Hopefully the rain holds off and we can have a dry prune to feed down Trages throat.
Eley Park vs Point Cook - PC by 10 points, yet to see PC but they're sitting nicely so will run with them.

Would like to extend my congratulations to Trent Davey of Richmond Centrals on kicking 5 majors last week. Trent looked more like 'Black Caviar' than the horse that was used in the movie 'Troy' on Saturday. Lets hope that the Chaddy reserves have a few supporters eating hot dogs on the boundary line this week to divert his hunger from goals to hot dogs!

Good luck on the weekend Trent.

Maybe not black caviar but perhaps blacks a fake, looked as though he was restriced by a sulky but still played like a champion. Looking for a double figure tally tomorrow from the big wooden horse! The competition is better for the fact he is back from injury:thumbsu:

Call this ridiculos "Big Waz" but didn't the NB 2's win by 160+ points last weekend?
Maybe I copped a Robbie Warnock head knock or the scoreboard was incorrect......

Call this ridiculos "Big Waz" but didn't the NB 2's win by 160+ points last weekend?
Maybe I copped a Robbie Warnock head knock or the scoreboard was incorrect......

Ridiculous. Chadstone lost 224-0 to South Mornington. They're hardly what I'd call a barometer.

And I'd hardly question NB reserves based on the fact that we are coming off a win albeit against Chaddy who to their credit tried hard all day.

Tips for this weekend

North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni by 7 goals
South Mornington vs Manningham - by 10 points
Box Hill North vs St Francis Xavier - 12 goals
Richmond Central vs Chadstone - 30 goals
Eley Park vs Point Cook - 6 goals

Reserves

SU, SM, SFX, RC, EP

What is happening at North Brunswick?

Seniors have lost 3 on the trot... and their all powerful reserves side have lost two in a row, which would be an unusual occurance at Allard Park.

Massive game for RC this week at home V Eley Park. We need a win to stay in touch with the top 4.
You do seem preoccupied with the boys from NB Waz, maybe trying to get a bite or just being a smart arse ?. Not everyone has the luxury of having 4 sides to choose players from every week so just worry about your own shit hole. I don't see any of your teams dominating & surely with close to a 100 players maybe it's your clubs performances that you should be concerned with !

South v Cobras, massive game for us South boys, have had a rocky start to the season with 3 games decided by under 3 goals unluckily all not going our way, but with 7 of the last 11 games at home finals arn't out of reach just yet, the cobras have hit form and would be confident of knocking us off, but I have to tip South in a close one by 8pts.... NB v Swinburne, NB have fallen away after a solid start to the year and Swinny keep getting over the line so I'll stick with them just away by 13pts.... BHN v SFX, SFX on top for a reason and should account for BHN by over 39.5.... Rich v Chad, hopefully whispy and radar keep there word and get down and help chaddy out, rich by 100+ paying $1.20.... Eley v Point cook, probably match of the round due to ladder positions, Eley are very hard to beat at home and will win easily here, not sure on point cook yet but they can put thier hand up to play finals if they get up here.... Reserves: SM, NB (to stick it up bigwaz, haha) SFX, Rich and Eley

South v Cobras, massive game for us South boys, have had a rocky start to the season with 3 games decided by under 3 goals unluckily all not going our way, but with 7 of the last 11 games at home finals arn't out of reach just yet, the cobras have hit form and would be confident of knocking us off, but I have to tip South in a close one by 8pts.... NB v Swinburne, NB have fallen away after a solid start to the year and Swinny keep getting over the line so I'll stick with them just away by 13pts.... BHN v SFX, SFX on top for a reason and should account for BHN by over 39.5.... Rich v Chad, hopefully whispy and radar keep there word and get down and help chaddy out, rich by 100+ paying $1.20.... Eley v Point cook, probably match of the round due to ladder positions, Eley are very hard to beat at home and will win easily here, not sure on point cook yet but they can put thier hand up to play finals if they get up here.... Reserves: SM, NB (to stick it up bigwaz, haha) SFX, Rich and Eley

It will be a close game bob... OZZA how come Pastry Stetter hasn't gotten a run in the ressies yet? He is a legend at RC, and kicked a handful of quality goals for our reserves. Also a very handy water carrier,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back