D4 Division 4 Section 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great come from behind win by South yesterday at citation reserve after at one stage just before half time being down 1.11 to 6.2, but the second half the boys started to find last years form and ran away with the game, some interesting results yesterday with BHN getting close to SFX and Swinburne staying a game clear in 2nd with a 1pt win, in my 5 years in this comp this would have to be the most even comp I've seen with two games separating 3rd and 11th, also good to see Richmond played a full strengh reserves against chaddy yesterday ;)....

Great come from behind win by South yesterday at citation reserve after at one stage just before half time being down 1.11 to 6.2, but the second half the boys started to find last years form and ran away with the game, some interesting results yesterday with BHN getting close to SFX and Swinburne staying a game clear in 2nd with a 1pt win, in my 5 years in this comp this would have to be the most even comp I've seen with two games separating 3rd and 11th, also good to see Richmond played a full strengh reserves against chaddy yesterday ;)....

Good win by your mob Bob... I agree, The comp is very even. It's a shame that NB couldn't kick another point and tighten it up even more!

I umpired the RC Chad reserves game. It got a little ridiculous, Still, everyone had a smile after the match.

Yesterday showed the difference between a stable club with a large pool of talent and a struggling club with a core group of about thirty blokes. The seconds game was ridiculous in the gulf in class but we had 17 blokes and quite a few of us were carrying bad injuries. The firsts met the KPI targets and they are probably on the right track again.

While it's getting bloody tough to front up every week I and a lot of others are committed to turning Chadstone down the right path, no matter how long it takes.

Basically I pull on the boots every week for the love of the game, and I'm proud to represent a club working it's way up from rock bottom, and playing alongside a great bunch of blokes makes it all worthwhile.

Bring on the second half the season.

Get this board mooooving, understand mostly bok hill norf posters under their rocks enjoying their best start to a season. if you throw you must catch.
bob29305 the look of bok hill north setup we have been told is called 'the morgue'. SFX to nail final nail in their coffin this week and another team will have the pleasure of seeing them continue their brilliant run of success.
Reading their match reports puts Goebels to shame you would guess they are flogging teams by 20 goals rather than losing by cricket scores. Still have to keep the brittle troops together. Prediction this week is Bok Hill to dominate SFX and just fall short by 100. Keep the good work going Lozza you might just exact revenge in a few weeks and reverse the result? A fact in life is not whether a team is overtrained or making excuses it is that no matter what way you mix it, shake it, eat it, believe it, sh*t = sh*t.
Enormous work by Kempy with South Mornington in the media recently.A great promoter of local footy.

What is really funny about this post is that I heard a little whisper before the weekend that Moneyingham were "scared" of South Mornington............looks to have been the case??

What is really funny about this post is that I heard a little whisper before the weekend that Moneyingham were "scared" of South Mornington............looks to have been the case??

What a load of BS. Wasn't there & only know about the game from Bob's post, but would suggest that Harvey's crystal ball is pretty f'ing useless if he has to wait until after the result to tell us the Cobras were 'scared'.

Not exactly Nostradamus are you?

What a load of BS. Wasn't there & only know about the game from Bob's post, but would suggest that Harvey's crystal ball is pretty f'ing useless if he has to wait until after the result to tell us the Cobras were 'scared'.

BBBBBBBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Daicos4ever I would love to hear more about this re-build. The situation is one I watched as a junior; when the senior club we were associated with didn't win a game for about 3-4 years.
The progress of Chadstone trying to do the same in Amateur footy is an interesting one and I'm sure we all wish you the best of luck.

Yesterday showed the difference between a stable club with a large pool of talent and a struggling club with a core group of about thirty blokes. The seconds game was ridiculous in the gulf in class but we had 17 blokes and quite a few of us were carrying bad injuries. The firsts met the KPI targets and they are probably on the right track again.

While it's getting bloody tough to front up every week I and a lot of others are committed to turning Chadstone down the right path, no matter how long it takes.

Basically I pull on the boots every week for the love of the game, and I'm proud to represent a club working it's way up from rock bottom, and playing alongside a great bunch of blokes makes it all worthwhile.

Bring on the second half the season.

Good on ya mate, you played in the right fashion and had a crack all day long. Keep persisting, continue to get mates down to the club and you'll eventually get wins on the board!:thumbsu:

Match Reports?

RC v Chadstone - Chadstone worked hard in defence but failed to convert their forward forays into points. RC's defence did excellent work all day restricting Chaddy to 2 scoring shots, one of which was from a 50m penalty.

Whispers would like to discuss the elephant in the room; that being the Chadstone Football Club.

It not often that I wake up Sunday morning wanting erase the memory of watching my RCAFC play at home on perfect day for football. I want to make it absolutely clear that, whilst I have had the odd jive at Chastone
"witchers - hats", I thought that the manner in which they conducted themselves on and off the field in both games was exemplary and one for all to acknowledge. However, in particular, the Reserves games was just not even vaguely competitive and I honestly believe in that scenario it does no favours for the D4 competition. I really felt for the 17 players that lined up in the Reserves game for Chadstone and whilst I think that I need to acknowledge that this is the lowest division in the VAFA and thus we should all be encouraging a struggling club to field a team this was one performance that really makes, one question the point of them being in the VAFA.

Now I know that I will slandered from 'pillar to post' about that they have more than every right to field two teams in d4 and I will wear that, but watching a game being played purely in one half of football for 100 minutes was just not a site that I enjoyed and I didn't enjoy watching that humiliation of a side of mature adults one bit.

Whats the answer... well thats something that I do not have at this stage, but I truly want to be known that I really have issues with a side being belted week in and week out. Again, this is not me being condesending, but the VAFA needs to seriously look at helping this club out as there are too many honest ladies and gentlemen that should not have to endure what they are enduring currently.

I challenge the VAFA to help out this club and be the representative body in which they are inpowered to be.

Also, special mention to the Chadstone player that spoke on SEN, 'Morning Glory' about the 'Dire Straits' the club was in.

Whispers Out

Whispers would like to discuss the elephant in the room; that being the Chadstone Football Club.

It not often that I wake up Sunday morning wanting erase the memory of watching my RCAFC play at home on perfect day for football. I want to make it absolutely clear that, whilst I have had the odd jive at Chastone
"witchers - hats", I thought that the manner in which they conducted themselves on and off the field in both games was exemplary and one for all to acknowledge. However, in particular, the Reserves games was just not even vaguely competitive and I honestly believe in that scenario it does no favours for the D4 competition. I really felt for the 17 players that lined up in the Reserves game for Chadstone and whilst I think that I need to acknowledge that this is the lowest division in the VAFA and thus we should all be encouraging a struggling club to field a team this was one performance that really makes, one question the point of them being in the VAFA.

Now I know that I will slandered from 'pillar to post' about that they have more than every right to field two teams in d4 and I will wear that, but watching a game being played purely in one half of football for 100 minutes was just not a site that I enjoyed and I didn't enjoy watching that humiliation of a side of mature adults one bit.

Whats the answer... well thats something that I do not have at this stage, but I truly want to be known that I really have issues with a side being belted week in and week out. Again, this is not me being condesending, but the VAFA needs to seriously look at helping this club out as there are too many honest ladies and gentlemen that should not have to endure what they are enduring currently.

I challenge the VAFA to help out this club and be the representative body in which they are inpowered to be.

Also, special mention to the Chadstone player that spoke on SEN, 'Morning Glory' about the 'Dire Straits' the club was in.

Whispers Out
Hold up.

Have you just constructed a post free of any useless utterances and rhyming slang?

Watch out for flying pigs today gentleman and I dare say if you have a gander at the moon tonight, it will probably be blue.

Whispers Out

Lads I am interested in speaking to Chadstone officials/pres/coach etc to arrange a game against North Sunshine (div 2 wrfl) they got smashed 42.24 to 0.0 on the weekend and are losing by an average margin of 200 plus points per weekend.

This game would be built up to find out who is the worst metropolitan side in Victoria. You could even throw in Surrey Park (Div 4 EFL) they are struggling as well.

I have spoken to various leagues/administrators & have genuine support. I believe we could get some well known media exposure and sponsorship. I was thinking the game can be played as a lead up into the finals.

Thoughts lads???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lads I am interested in speaking to Chadstone officials/pres/coach etc to arrange a game against North Sunshine (div 2 wrfl) they got smashed 42.24 to 0.0 on the weekend and are losing by an average margin of 200 plus points per weekend.

This game would be built up to find out who is the worst metropolitan side in Victoria. You could even throw in Surrey Park (Div 4 EFL) they are struggling as well.

I have spoken to various leagues/administrators & have genuine support. I believe we could get some well known media exposure and sponsorship. I was thinking the game can be played as a lead up into the finals.

Thoughts lads???

Would there be a trophy?

Thoughts lads???

And what point would that prove? I'm sure the various leagues / administrators would have told you to jam it.

I wouldn't say Manningham were "scared", it was a good/tough game of footy and South just ran over Manninghams bigger bodys in the second half, as for chaddy, they do put in every week and it would be hard to front up week after week but im wondering who makes the call for them to drop down (I know there in D4, I'm thinking clubbies maybe??) is it the club or the league???? Also I think it's a little degrading to play of for a "worst metro team comp" but that's my opinion, chaddy might jump at the chance.

Thoughts lads???

My thoughts are that its a completely demeaning and disrespectful concept.

I wouldn't say Manningham were "scared", it was a good/tough game of footy and South just ran over Manninghams bigger bodys in the second half, as for chaddy, they do put in every week and it would be hard to front up week after week but im wondering who makes the call for them to drop down (I know there in D4, I'm thinking clubbies maybe??) is it the club or the league???? Also I think it's a little degrading to play of for a "worst metro team comp" but that's my opinion, chaddy might jump at the chance.
bob29305: my comments relating to Rod Kemp and his efforts at South Mornington were in a supportive manner. We had heard of some of his hard work previous to make post last week and kudos to him and South Mornington. As for Saturday you were all over us and fair and square winners on the day in a fair and spirited contest. On that form you will smash your oppinents this week, but remember they had a victory in their minds pushing a lethargic SFX to 3 goals.
Not far off our return game against Bok Hill at The Morgue. Can anyone tell us that it is true that every goal Penny kicks NO one shows any appreciation or a pat on the back? Captain? Come on show show spirit at the morgue. We understand how difficult that really is.

My thoughts are that its a completely demeaning and disrespectful concept.

I couldn't agree more. As a Chadstone player, I know the group would be very much against anything like this. We're trying to build the club up from where we've been over the past couple of years and something like this is counter-productive and sends a message to everyone else that we'd be happy to languish in mediocrity.

It's heartening to hear players/officials after games and on this forum acknowledge how much effort the boys put in on the field in both teams. Bringing in a new coach and injecting new blood into the committee are big positives off the field for us. We’ve got a few great new players who are keen to stick around because the off-field culture is turning around. It’ll only be a matter of time before this turns into on-field success.

I would like to give a big-up to the Richmond Centrals official that came into the Chaddy rooms after the game, mentioned the efforts we put in and donated a slab to the boys.

Guys,

Have been reading the posts about Chadstone with great interest. In my opinion they should drop back to Club 18 for a season, try and win some games and then they may have a chance to recruit.

Mt Lilydale did it a few years back and they are now in d3. There have been a lot of posts about how they have a good coach and quality people, however, in the long run this doesn't mean much until you start winning some games.

Nellup a couple of weeks back was very positive about them winning a game, it just isn't going to happen. It is very hard for players to back up week in week out and know that they have no chance of winning.

It isn't acceptable for reserves teams not to score or get beaten by 30 goals each week with 17 players.

Club 18 allows for 8 on the bench and for the short term this may work well for Chadstone, they may win a few games and by winning will be able to recruit players.

They may only play Club 18 for a season in order to get back on board. It has worked for Mt Lilydale why couldn't it work for Chadstone

Guys,

Have been reading the posts about Chadstone with great interest. In my opinion they should drop back to Club 18 for a season, try and win some games and then they may have a chance to recruit.

Mt Lilydale did it a few years back and they are now in d3. There have been a lot of posts about how they have a good coach and quality people, however, in the long run this doesn't mean much until you start winning some games.

Nellup a couple of weeks back was very positive about them winning a game, it just isn't going to happen. It is very hard for players to back up week in week out and know that they have no chance of winning.

It isn't acceptable for reserves teams not to score or get beaten by 30 goals each week with 17 players.

Club 18 allows for 8 on the bench and for the short term this may work well for Chadstone, they may win a few games and by winning will be able to recruit players.

They may only play Club 18 for a season in order to get back on board. It has worked for Mt Lilydale why couldn't it work for Chadstone
no way this will happen.we are building from the ground up people working really hard to turn this club around and that wont involve playing club 18.

Stick to your guns. All you need is cattle on the track.

Waz, that is the whole basis for why they should drop down. How do they get cattle when their seniors haven't won a game for 3 years and currently average 23 points a game, while their 2's average 14 points a game and haven't scored in 2 games.

Who will go to a well coached, well run, great facilities, great blokes club iif they are getting beaten by 200 points each week.

Answer - No One!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back